No announcement yet.

DM-ArcticShipment_Beta [Beta 2.5 Released][Fix List][Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK the bots now work in game. Just remove the colisions on the snowing meshes. Oh and as for the ladder volumes, they don't work, not because you did somethign wrong, they just don't seem to work in UT3...

Comment

Great and is there gonna be a fix for the ladders soon?

Comment

I like this level ... it has a nice fresh feel to it ... it looks cool as well. Some things I noticed:
        - besides the snow going through structures it also does not appear at all if you are standing at the very front of the ship or the very back of the ship and finaly there may be a bit too much snow, half the amount would probably actually make the map more attractive

- the blur effect on distant objects seems a little bit overdone imo ... too see exactly what I mean go to the very front of the ship and look at the distant natural formations .... the same with the ice formation off the side of the ship. You may want to tone it down just a bit while also adding some wind effect to heighten the immersive nature of the level.

- I think you might want to experiment with putting the satellite dish in the back opposite those barrels on a more raised platform .. I think that would look more realistic or even if you do leave it at the same location definitely still consider putting it on a raised platform to make it feel more like a real ship.

The level definitely has the potential to be a very good small map if you really take your time and polish it now.

Comment

Alright thanks, i noticed the problem with the snow a few minutes ago. fixing it atm.. Im gonna try to tone down the DOF a bit, but i like the blurriness, it gives it a gloomy feel, and makes it look far off. I managed to keep the snow from going through the Generator room, and thats as good as i can get it. And what do you mean by wind effect?

Comment

Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
            Alright thanks, i noticed the problem with the snow a few minutes ago. fixing it atm.. Im gonna try to tone down the DOF a bit, but i like the blurriness, it gives it a gloomy feel, and makes it look far off. I managed to keep the snow from going through the Generator room, and thats as good as i can get it. And what do you mean by wind effect?

You know how on a map it looks like there is wind blowing ... there is an emitter for that I am sure. I know I have seen it on one of the maps ... it looks just like it does in Gears of War in the scene in the beginning of the game where they discover a body they are not certain is a real Cog or a trap. If I can dig that example up I will let you know ... if I am wrong and just confusing Gears with UT3 then dismiss that suggestion.

So you can't keep the snow from going through the crates ... hmm I would ask some mappers for help and fix that if you are going to keep the snow. That would really detract from the immersive atmosphere you are working so hard to create if you allow the to remain in your released level ... at least imo ... others may disagree so ask around.

Comment

Yeah, i know what you mean. im gonna add that to the VCTF one only though check ur pm's

Comment

Okay cool glad you know what I mean ... I am never really sure how to best describe that.

Comment

Working...
                X