• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-ArcticShipment_Beta [Beta 2.5 Released][Fix List][Pics]

Name:Arctic Shipment:
    Version:Currently Beta 2.5
    Compatibility:UT3 Compatibility
    Description:A small cargo ship left the port of New York 2 weeks ago heading north. No one has had any contact with the crew, who are assumed dead. Not 3 days after declared missing, a drifting boat spotted the cargo ship idle in an arctic region. The ship did not move. Scuba divers later found out that the propellers were tangled in some sort of wire. The crew were never found.
    Comments:My first UT3 map, although not my first UT map. I was looking for some sort of gloomy scene, with a boat, and here it is. Also, i hope i got the posting format right, since its my frist time posting a map

Beta 2.5 Released
    Fixed:
    Added bllocking volumes on gates
    Removed snow in generator room
    Added ladder volume
    Players should spawn now.

If there are any more problems, let me know. I think i fixed the problem with the players not showing up.

Please post feedback, its really appreciated.
    Screenshot:

Credits: Me, and Epic for making the game
    Homepage:
    Download: Download Beta 2.5!

Great idea! The long shot looks pro!

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Looks nicely done overall.

One thing though, it's snowing inside

Comment

Is that a true story?

Nice map.

Comment

looks really nice !

downloading

Comment

Yeah I was just about to say that. Whys it snowing inside? lol.

Comment

This map didn't work for me ... no bots spawned. Also there is no collision on the fences ... you can just walk right through them.

Comment

No the story isn't true lol And what do you mean the bots won't load? What did you play it on? Anyone else having thgis problem? I'll have to fix the fences then.

-Ejon

ps. anyone know another way to get snow other than the static mesh?

Comment

Ok, updated first post.

Comment

I felt kind of too small

if make 2 or 3 times more bigger then more fun ... ?
                      for Duel is ok

Comment

Im actually working on a vct version. I have this one for Duel only. Is it working now? I also have a morning version for the Duel, then i'll go ahead and publicize the vctf one

Comment

2.5 Released. The problem with the bots shouldn't be there anymore. So let me know.

Comment

OK just took a look at this map. The map idea is good and from an artistic stand point I like it. Now for the bugs...

Opened the map in UED and it seems you haven't rebuilt the bot paths, that's why the bots don't show up in the game. And another bug no one has noticed apparently is that the static meshes used for the snowing effect still have collisions turned on. So your projectiles would keep hitting invisible walls on the ship deck...

Fix these problems and you got a nice little duel map here.

EDIT: OK so you've updated it, I'll check it out.

Comment

Ok thanks for the feedback. 2.5 has a full build all, so the bots should work. i'll need to update the collisions. thats in the display tab right?

Comment

Working...
                              X