DM-TempestX2 (Original layout) [FINAL Released!] [PC & PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-TempestX2 (Original layout) [FINAL Released!] [PC & PS3]

NOTE! The final has been released! Please go to final post to DL the maps HERE!

Name: DM-Tempest X2
    Alternate Layout (Tempest X) Available HERE:
    Version: RC1 !!
    Compatibility: UT3 V1.1

Description: This is based of my Tempest X layout using the orientation from the original Tempest. This is the exact same as Tempest X RC1, minus some the skybox and lighting changes. For details on Tempest X visit this thread HERE.

Screenshots:
    (Updated 2-20-08)
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x2/pic01.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x2/pic02.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x2/pic03.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
    [SCREENSHOT]http://unrealjunkie.com/ut3/tempestx/rc1/x2/pic04.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

More Screenshots:
    Screenshot_1
    Screenshot_2
    Screenshot_3
    Screenshot_4
    Screenshot_5
    Screenshot_6
    Screenshot_7

Credits: Myself and Epic for the original Tempest, and for making an amazing editor to play with!

Homepage: http://www.UnrealJunkie.com

Alternate Layout Tempest X Available HERE.

NOTE! The final has been released! Please go to final post to DL the maps HERE!

==============================================

These two maps are excellent! I coudn't find anything wrong with them ... dude that is so cool you included both versions ... thanks for the great maps man ... I am really enjoying them. You did a really good job.

Comment

Thanks ever so much. It will make it easier to switch from UT3 to UT without my head exploding. This is a really beautiful remake.

Comment

Excellent work, m8.
        Can't really say which version I like better

Comment

I love the music ... it totally gets me into the match ... so far this is probably in the top 3 maps as far as custom music goes. **** it is really great!! I do feel bad that people on the PS3 won't hear this music because it rocks hard ... excellent choice ... if fact I think I need to get in a match before I get on the PS3 and start testing content. Thanks again for TWO great levels.

Comment

Great

maps look great i'm D/ling them now Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
              I love the music ... it totally gets me into the match ... so far this is probably in the top 3 maps as far as custom music goes. **** it is really great!! I do feel bad that people on the PS3 won't hear this music because it rocks hard ... excellent choice ... if fact I think I need to get in a match before I get on the PS3 and start testing content. Thanks again for TWO great levels.

Thanks! Glad you like it. You also reminded me that I was going to upload the music so PS3 can still hear the song if they want. This is still an early mix, but the samples are pretty much final at this point.

Download botpckX_pre.mp3 (Zip-6MB)

All I have to do is get the volumes nailed down and I'm calling this done! Once the music is done I'll post in the final section...

Comment

n1 morg002

Comment

this is a GREAT remake!!! Your attention to detail is impressive. very cool that you decided to make both maps to download. teh music is very good to. what did u use to make music? keep up the good work!!

Comment

Originally posted by wedges View Post
                    this is a GREAT remake!!! Your attention to detail is impressive. very cool that you decided to make both maps to download. teh music is very good to. what did u use to make music? keep up the good work!!

Thanks! I used Reason 4 to create the music. It's awsome software!!

Comment

Nice music, but please don't embed it in a way that it stays on when my music volume is set to 0. I can't play with music in the bg, so this ruins the map for me...

Comment

Originally posted by virax View Post
                        Nice music, but please don't embed it in a way that it stays on when my music volume is set to 0. I can't play with music in the bg, so this ruins the map for me...
                        Are you saying my music still plays even when the music volume is all the way down?? I'm not home, so I can't test this, but I added the music the same way the music is added for the retail levels. Not sure why it would keep playing if you turn down to 0. If this is the case, does anyone know what might cause this? The only thing I can think of right now is that I had to turn the first node in the cue editor above a value of 1 (2.25) to compensate for the quiet WAV file .

I actually can't play with BG music too, so I know where you're coming from and will get this fixed before final. Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

I figured out what the problem was with the music playing even if the music volume was set to 0 in game. This took me a good hour to figure out, so I thought I would share the problem in case anyone else plans on adding custom music to their map.

The problem had nothing to do with the sound cue node volume, but had to do with the group that the sound cue node was in. If you are adding custom music, you need to right click on the sound cue node for the music, and add it to the music group. This makes it so that it will use volume control when in game.

Comment

Originally posted by morg002 View Post
                            I figured out what the problem was with the music playing even if the music volume was set to 0 in game. This took me a good hour to figure out, so I thought I would share the problem in case anyone else plans on adding custom music to their map.

The problem had nothing to do with the sound cue node volume, but had to do with the group that the sound cue node was in. If you are adding custom music, you need to right click on the sound cue node for the music, and add it to the music group. This makes it so that it will use volume control when in game.
                            Awesome, glad to know it's fixed. :]

And I'll remember this for my wip map...

Comment

Nice looking map!

Comment

Working...
                              X