No announcement yet.

DM-IronDeity Beta1 DOWNLOAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could also just borrow the cityscape from Deck as an environment. Or any of the skies, really. Maybe the cold, brightly lit Onyx Coast sky would work, allowing cool lighting effects. But I'd go with the original green toxic sky, rather than the new lame red sky, if you wanted to use one of the originals.

Comment

Why? Whyyyy????

Why remake one of the crapiest maps of UT2k4?

Comment

Originally posted by madspacemarine View Post
        Why? Whyyyy????

Why remake one of the crapiest maps of UT2k4?
        Erm, because as he said in his original post, its one of HIS favourites. Personally, I always liked it too!

Comment

Looking really nice. Good job!

Comment

n1, very cool

Comment

Yay, one of the best maps in UT2004. I remember good times, competitive 5v5 TDM

I like old style more, though. More betonish, and brighter colours. Maybe you should paint skins for all static meshes.

Comment

YES, looks serious. Be real, Don't Make RED SKY, it would ruined the atmosphere of the map. I suggest standard dark clouds with movement (like:storm is comming), mayby something like :::
                http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ght=Starkstrom

If u gonna use red sky, in DEIMOS map there's a red faint light on the stars, looks nice, i'd go that direction.

Comment

Well the original had a red sky, and it looked quite awesome. Maybe make a skyline that is like by an exploding volcano or something so then the sky is dark but red as well.

Comment

here are some more shots

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                      Well the original had a red sky, and it looked quite awesome. Maybe make a skyline that is like by an exploding volcano or something so then the sky is dark but red as well.
                      Actually the original had green sky. When they ported it to 2k4 they changed it for some unknown reason.
                      EDIT: The buildings in the background are too small for how close they are. They don't quite sell the illusion.

Comment

HUGE map, good looking, no music, sky is poor, add movement, make black darkness to cover the map, buldings not necessary. If that will be done, wooow, u got skills mate

Comment

maybe some dust in air in some area, this map got potential

Comment

if you used the same music as irondeity in 2k4 that would be so great.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                              Actually the original had green sky. When they ported it to 2k4 they changed it for some unknown reason.
                              EDIT: The buildings in the background are too small for how close they are. They don't quite sell the illusion.
                              really, wow, i'll be damned.

Oh and from one mapper to another, try to use as much StaticMeshes than BSP, since the UE3 renders high poly StaticMeshes better than BSP.

Comment

Gr8 remake man. When will the final version be released. i hope it is soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X