No announcement yet.

DM-HongKongKaoS (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the choice of the modder need I remind folks ... man are people looking to get this thread closed or what?

Originally posted by Mark Rein View Post
    and it is the choice of the mod maker to decide to cook it to PS3 or not. So be polite and appreciative and maybe they'll help you. Be incessant and annoying and you're likely going to hurt the community more than you help it. We'll also kick you off this forum if you do so repeatedly.
    This also applies the other way around so if a PS3 person decides they just want to support the PS3 platform at first it is their choice. I find it pretty disgusting that any PC gamer complain at all about a map not cooked for the PC when there is so much PC only content that the PS3 gamers cannot use. You folks really look just downright asenine and like you are just looking for any reason you can to give PS3 gamers a hard time. Most folks in the PC community don't even want the PC content cooked for PS3 gamers that much is very obvious around here so to say anything about someone coming forward to support his fellow console users is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard and just reeks of sour grapes. You folks need to just grow up and leave the PS3 gamers alone and let them build up their own community. We have great models on the PC side that none of the PS3 gamers have and you have the nerve to say anything about this segment of the UT community looking out for themselves and creating their own content ... shame on you folks ... you are definitely barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
      The map obviously has to be created on PC, and can be cooked just as easily for PC as for ps3. Not releasing a map for PC is just a **** move-- particularly since its the PC community that has provided all of the content (except this) for ps3 thus far.
      Do you realize how hypocritical this sounds? Do you know how many times PC gamers have told the PS3 community they need to learn to map for themselves and stop asking for PC maps to be cooked and just get the PC version and they can create PS3 only maps ... now that someone actually does just that to make the playing field a bit more level he gets this **** ... sorry man we are cool and all but on this you are just wrong. Do you realize how many levels there are that only run on the PC ... heck the HOLP pack alone has a lot of maps that are all great and yet the PS3 users don't have one of those. They don't have many CTF and VCTF maps ... they don't have the larger and more complex DM levels like Night in the Park-XL. So let them have this for themselves without making a big deal about it ... man you really must not know how what you are saying sounds like ...

Comment

ok guys i will cook for pc as well but i want to do some modifications before...i just do directly for ps3 because i buy the pc game only to do maps for ps3 ,let me do it and you got ready for download for PC in a few....

also i put some screenshots with good quality.

and please sorry for my english....

Comment

Why would one with the pc version of the editor necessarily cook his content ps3? I'll answer that...It's because people (with pc game & editor) who cook for the ps3 are being considerate. That same person with the pc version of the game is being "not so" considerate when making only ps3 content for release, since they also have a pc version of their content and should probably release that too.

- Q

Comment

^^^ I don't agree with that at all, that is a very species argument and it fails imo and neither does Epic as I have pointed out ... but I am not going to get into a big argument it ... man the PC community sure comes off looking like First class whiny hypocrites in my book. All I know there should now be no PC content that isn't cooked for the PS3 or that is just plain BS.

Comment

here we are some screenshots of the map ....
              DM-HongKongKaoS

Comment

Wanted to comment on Qx9's post, but this isn't really the place to get involved in a discussion regarding PS3 exclusive mods.
                So, Im not going to.

Map looks nice. Just downloaded it. Gonna check it out later on today.

Comment

Originally posted by Qx9 View Post
                  NyghtcrawleR, I know you don't agree or disagree, but...

Why would one with the pc version of the editor necessarily cook his content ps3? I'll answer that...It's because people (with pc game & editor) who cook for the ps3 are being considerate. That same person with the pc version of the game is being "not so" considerate when making only ps3 content for release, since they also have a pc version of their content and should probably release that too.

When folks begin to whip out the mouse and keyboard for the ps3 and build a map using a ps3 version of the editor, then and only then, will there be custom content made specifically for the ps3. Then, pc users can complain about ps3 content not being released for pc. But until then, if you make levels on the pc, there should be no reason not to release them for the pc as well as ps3.

- Q
                  That has got to be the most ridiculous argument Ive ever heard. The ps3 users cant make mods unless they buy the pc game since the ps3 doesnt have an editor. These guys strictly play ps3 and wanted to make custom maps so they were forced to buy the pc game to do so. Its not anymore inconsiderate to not release it for the pc then it is for regular pc gamers to not release it for the ps3....

As for the map, I just checked out the screens and was going to try this map out yesterday but didnt get a chance to....I'll do so now.

Comment

it says the file is temporarily unavailable. I want it!

Comment

PC-cook

this is the link for the pc version with the new changes.....enjoy...

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=52SFZKUJ

in few minutes iam goin to put a new link with the changes for PS3 version as well

Comment

Thanks Nacho and sorry guys! We didn't want to create a fight. However, we just thought about our PS3 users because... normally the PC guys forget about us too

Please, feel free to try and tell us what do you think. We found out something too weird that maybe someone can explain to us.

The PS3 version reduced the quality of the map effects, for example, the fire and lights. Any idea why, when we cook it for PS3, we loose that much?

Thanks and enjoy! we really think is quite faun, fast and crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Skynet2017 View Post
                          it says the file is temporarily unavailable. I want it!
                          just wait for the next link, its there in few minutes

Comment

What's goo ood for the Goose is....

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                            ^^^ I don't agree with that at all, that is a very species argument and it fails imo and neither does Epic as I have pointed out ... but I am not going to get into a big argument it ... man the PC community sure comes off looking like First class whiny hypocrites in my book. All I know there should now be no PC content that isn't cooked for the PS3 or that is just plain BS.
                            Bottom line:
                            My comments are simply stating that if you buy the pc game to make content, then just don't release it for the ps3...it's made on the pc, for pc, and cooked for ps3. It's just being considerate. Same goes for pc only developers...they should be considerate and cook for ps3.

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
                            ...Its not anymore inconsiderate to not release it for the pc then it is for regular pc gamers to not release it for the ps3....
                            Isn't this what I said?

But you know what...the more I think about it, the more it's kind of too bad that the console has no editor and relies solely on the personal computer to make content. PC, ps3...not on equal playing fields.

- Q

Comment

FINAL LINK FOR PS3

DM-HongKongKaoS

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=Z4HDD5BW

Comment

oops, that one doesn't work either!

Comment

Working...
                                X