Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-HongKongKaoS (PS3)

Hello!

well... I just wanted to star saying that is the 1st time we try to create a map so... we are not even sure if we have done all right or what kind of info we really need to give you guys in order to help us. Please, feel free to advice us

well... we are a group of people from Spain (sorry for our english), totally in love with the game and with the idea of having user generated content in our lovely PS3 (nuestra negrita )

In order to be able to create a map, we had to buy the PC version too
    However, we did and here is our 1st beta and I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did working on it

We had try to make a fun map for 8 people and it was the first time NachoKaos (the guy that really made the art) have done one so... please, tell us what do you think and how can we improve it

Here, the map: http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=Z4HDD5BW

• Name: HongKongKAOS
    • Version: Beta 1.0/waiting for feedback
    • Description: Small map, up to 8 people, full of long corredors and colums that will help you hiding... if u can
    • Credits: NachoKaos
    • Download: http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=Z4HDD5BW
    NEW

thanks for your time and enjoy

Screenshot(s) please

Comment

adding thanks
      EDIT: sorry, I just have my PSP with me and the PS3 games and didn't work so well
      After dinner I will tell nacho to make better ones from the editor

Comment

That is just too much bloom ... wow man my eyes are hurting. It does look good and like it could be a lot of fun and you are also to be commended on actually making a level specifically for the PS3 ... I think this is what Mark Rein was hoping for and I wanted to see it as well. PS3 gamers learning how to make their own levels instead of asking for levels to be cooked all the time definitely earn my respect in a big way. I have a PS3 so I will probably download when the next version that is not so bright and the bloom is toned down comes out and I will play it and provide feedback. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Edit: BTW I am talking about the last screenshots ... the first one is fine. Oh I just read what you said so you can disregard the part about the colors than. I didn't see that the PSP was the culprit. That is good to know ... I'll definitely take a look at this version them ... later tonight more than likely.

Comment

OOLA i cant download this... it comes up as hongkongkaos.rar and i only know how to do USERDATA.JAM...... anyone have any suggestions??

Comment

hi smkalot. Just use Winrar to open it
            http://winrar.download-express.org/

Comment

Huh?

XxOOLAxX, We'd love to check out your map for the PC as well. Thanks!

- Q

Comment

The map obviously has to be created on PC, and can be cooked just as easily for PC as for ps3. Not releasing a map for PC is just a **** move-- particularly since its the PC community that has provided all of the content (except this) for ps3 thus far.

Comment

yea i want ps3 maps as much as the next guy actually...i only have the ps3 version...but not givin the pc ppl a map seems equally as unfair as them not giving us 1

Comment

Originally posted by Devious_DJ View Post
                    but not givin the pc ppl a map seems equally as unfair as them not giving us 1
                    But I would say moreso, no? If I've got this correct, someone with a PS3 and a PC copy can download somebody's mod, and cook it to PS3 on their own, but if a PC-only player were to DL a PS3 mod, it's not possible to 'uncook' it back to PC, right?

Ah well, at least PC mods can have sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                      The map obviously has to be created on PC, and can be cooked just as easily for PC as for ps3. Not releasing a map for PC is just a **** move-- particularly since its the PC community that has provided all of the content (except this) for ps3 thus far.
                      To be quite honest, not really. I want ps3 maps and much as the next guy and people should be considerate, yes and provide for both parts of the community. But the fact is that people dont cook their map always for the ps3 so why cant it be the same the otherway around. Not saying I agree either way, but just stating the facts.

Comment

well i hate those ppl who tell us ps3 ppl to shut up n its their choice to give us or not...or stop trolling or nagging when we say 1 thing, but i dont wanna stoop to their level their just jerks...so i cant force anyone 2 do anything but i think thats the right thing to do

heck as barney would say...sharing is caring

Comment

I never thought I'd ever actually say this, but...........pLz c00k fer pC!!!!!1111!!!!!

(Now you know what it's like XD)

Comment

lol...clowns....

OOLA, those updated screens would be nice no pressure....

But seriously, I'm going to go test this in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Devious_DJ View Post
                              well i hate those ppl who tell us ps3 ppl to shut up n its their choice to give us or not...or stop trolling or nagging when we say 1 thing, but i dont wanna stoop to their level their just jerks...so i cant force anyone 2 do anything but i think thats the right thing to do

heck as barney would say...sharing is caring
                              Yeah, they can do whatever they want, it's their choice. But if they are mad that PC modders aren't allowing cooking for PS3, then releasing a map for PS3 only wouldn't be a good way to convince them to start cooking.

Comment

Working...
                              X