"Sentinel" Automatic Cannon [Pics] [Beta11] [Updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    hey men very goooood mod were is new santinels uprage?
    you forget this mod What are you working on?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by romanmir View Post
    How much pain and suffering would be involved to create new main weapon types/upgrades for someone just getting in to it?..
    Hopefully it is pretty easy. I tried to design it to be easily modifiable, but it's not something I get a lot of feedback on.

...Could there perhaps something of a basic tutorial? I have a few ideas for some things i want to do...
    I did intend to do that, but I'm not sure if I will be able to now. Basically, all you need to do is make a subclass of SentinelWeapon or SentinelUpgrade or one of their subclasses as appropriate, then add the new class name to the list in UTMutator_Sentinel.ini. It is also possible to avoid having to edit the ini by adding your new upgrade via a mutator, as demonstated by the Sentinel Gear mutators.

...Even if the answer is no, this is a great mod; and combined with a few other mods, it comes pretty close to the old ChaosUT mod..
    Coincidentally, the ChaosUT2 turret was derived from the UT2 Sentinel.

P.S. please post in the final version thread from now on.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Customizing tut.

How much pain and suffering would be involved to create new main weapon types/upgrades for someone just getting in to it?

Could there perhaps something of a basic tutorial? I have a few ideas for some things i want to do..

Even if the answer is no, this is a great mod; and combined with a few other mods, it comes pretty close to the old ChaosUT mod..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WOW Evil you finished something and are telling us nice work. Especially cool since this thread has lost momentum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, thanks. Evil.
    Might want to start a Thread in "Final".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At last I got around to releasing the final version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can practically bot with this weapon by just standing on it and aiming for the sentinels targeted enemy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yea but like 50 other people also requested that feature I was merely stating that I was to first to.

Ha ha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheProfileth View Post
    Sorry man you have been beat to the punch about oh i would say at least 13 pages ago my myself lol

Here is what I said too
    Yes, but you didn't request that he add a manual mode to them, you just made a statement, hinting at one.

Ha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by bobzorz View Post
    I have an idea for a Feature, if you look on the back of the Mini-gun turret, it has handles, possibly for manual use?

I think it would be fun to incorporate a manual use for at least some of the turrets.
    Sorry man you have been beat to the punch about oh i would say at least 13 pages ago my myself lol

Here is what I said too

Also did you ever notice that the minigun has handles on it already... :O

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have an idea for a Feature, if you look on the back of the Mini-gun turret, it has handles, possibly for manual use?

I think it would be fun to incorporate a manual use for at least some of the turrets.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
    Sorry I haven't got around to releasing the final version yet. I will do it!

Actually, I was thinking of adding an ammo regeneration mutator. Hopefully it will satisfy the hordes of people asking for adjustable upgrade costs/infinite ammo.

Read the readme! It is included in the download, and is also available on my website.
    Oh Mr.Evil you never cease to amaze me. It is almost as if you will only post updates if I post a comment, though I am one of the few devoted fans still left

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
    Read the readme! It is included in the download, and is also available on my website.
    yeah, i already found out :P
    i really like those turrets!
    just an idea, but would it be a good idea to have them being able of getting sideways on walls and upsidedown on ceilings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
    the mutator gives you the ability to configures how many boxes are placed or if they are even placed at all.
    No wonder. I don't think my PS3 version had a configure option.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
    I had a PS3 version long ago, can't remember where I got it. It was cool, but there were way too many sentinels to pick up, along with gray boxes everywhere for ammo.

It got to the point where my PS3 crashed.

Maybe it was just because of the PS3 version. But if it's the same on PC I recommend limited pick ups. (Like, one or two, a la powerup fashion).
    the mutator gives you the ability to configures how many boxes are placed or if they are even placed at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X