"Sentinel" Automatic Cannon [Pics] [Beta11] [Updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScorpDK View Post
    little issue i noticed... camouflage doesn't affect the projectiles, you can see them even if the rest of the turret is invisible XD.
    But then again, who would place cloaking on a long-range weapon that fires BEFORE you can see it
    I keep forgetting the cloak

Originally posted by TheProfileth View Post
    Hey this is very awaited update. And thanks alot man for sticking with this while many others have not.
    I have a bad habit of never finishing what I started, but I'm trying not to do that here at least.

Comment

A long needed bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
        I keep forgetting the cloak

I have a bad habit of never finishing what I started, but I'm trying not to do that here at least.
        Is the cloak supposed to be all.. Flakey? Just curious. Any reason you decided not to like, use a distortion map or something, maybe give it an active camouflage, predator kinda look.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious3745 View Post
          Is the cloak supposed to be all.. Flakey? Just curious. Any reason you decided not to like, use a distortion map or something, maybe give it an active camouflage, predator kinda look.
          The invisibility effect was a compromise. I didn't use a distortion effect because it doesn't show up at low detail levels (like the Nightshade, which is truly invisible for unfortunate players at world detail 1), and I didn't use alpha transparency because it's not possible for it to be lit (making seamless fading impossible).

Comment

Couldn't you make a distortion effect addon? It would be for those you use UT3 above world detail 1.

Comment

what about a distortion effect for the cloak on world detail 2+ and a flakey cloak for world detail 1

(if this is what TheProfileth meant, sorry)

Comment

Actually i was asking for a addon, because (if i had to guess) it would be harder to make a scaleable cloak than just a good one as a extra.

Comment

Bump
                  (I will not let this thread die)

Comment

Is it possible we could have some kind of tutorial or something to make weapons or addons for this?

Comment

Originally posted by 2B=M View Post
                      Is it possible we could have some kind of tutorial or something to make weapons or addons for this?
                      I do intend to write a bit more about that at some point. No way of knowing when I'll get around to actually writing it though.

Comment

I've just noticed a small glitch in your sentinel mutator, if you try to deploy a sentinel too close to a flag (I tried this on Suspense) it just randomly sinks into the ground as it is being built...and disappears, without refunding you your 100 parts...has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Also, are your own sentinels capable of hurting you? cause the my own electrolance weapon upgrade sentinel (the 280 part one) hit me while I was in its line of fire. I find that a tad annoying if you are trying to upgrade/repair the sentinel in battle...

Apart from these two issues, the mutator is almost perfect, good work

Comment

I am really enjoying this mutator.

I am currently playing this mutator with Relic Madness and Galtnor(sp?)'s invasion mod. Nothing beats setting up a line of these at a choke point and letting them do their thing.

I noticed however that with the Ammo Relic (Relic of Ammo: Replenishes your ammunition counters.) the sentinel ammo is not affected. Is this due to the Relic code or sentinel code?

Comment

Can we have an option to reward parts for kills?

Comment

Hey Evil any progress in the last 3 months or is this a dead thread?

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfileth View Post
                                Hey Evil any progress in the last 3 months or is this a dead thread?
                                Not quite dead yet. I plan to have one more release that will be labeled "final", with a few bug fixes and changes needed to work better with patch 2.0, but no new features now.

Comment

Working...
                                X