"Sentinel" Automatic Cannon [Pics] [Beta11] [Updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goden View Post
    Argh, even when I activate the mutator (I've tried both) I can't seem to get it to work.

And when I tried the weapon-replacement mutator, I made it replace the Impact-Hammer, and then the hammer disappeared.

Any help would be welcome.
    Did you download the updated version? The first version had some of the files placed in the wrong locations. Read my prev. post it explains it. This will cause what you are describing.
    All you have to do is move the files.

Comment

Originally posted by ANick View Post
      Evil can you make it so I can set "Infinite" for the ammo/pieces that way I will allways be able to deploy and I can set the max deployable to 3 or whatever.

Then if im killed or my player/deployer is killed then it is gone but when I respawn I have the ablility to deploy agian right away.

I think this would be better and also would take out having to config all the ammo replacements or go search all around for pieces taking away from normal gameplay too much ect.

Have it be configurable both ways. Also add all the possible replacement classes in the .ini using non active or ; so I can just go in and set which ever I choose to be active instead of me having to find a class and add it.

Like if enforcer_ammo then for me to make a replacement now I have to find the class and add lines in the .ini ect and that can be kinda tricky for new users ect.

**ALSO im not seeing this in the web admin! I do see all my other mutators including the vehicle replacement which is a custom in the web admin and its ticked ect.

So the issue here is if i change to another map I lose Sentinel mutator. I can make it work from webadmin by adding my whole starting command line in URL or just adding the mutator seperately mutator= in URL but I think it should list in here so im not sure if you need to do something or if I can make an .ini adjustment for webadmin config or ??

Comment

There are two mutators: The main "Sentinel" mutator, which gives all players the Sentinel Deployer and replaces pickups with components, and the "Nightshade Sentinel" mutator, which allows Nightshades to deploy a special, improved but non-upgradeable Sentinel. Although both mutators will work together, it probably makes more sense to only use one or the other.

When starting a game, add one of the mutators to the active list as you would with any other mutator.

To use the Deployer, hold primary-fire to activate the helper symbol. The symbol will indicate what action the Deployer will take when you press secondary-fire:
        i scroll through my inventory but it doesn't seem to pop up. i must be missing something simple.

Comment

Ack, forgot one thing.
          Even when having ReplacementPercentage on HealthVials set to 100, I still had quite a few vials that didn't get replaced(testing was done on Suspense)

And noone has anything to say regarding those pics I posted up?

Comment

Please Read If The Mutators Do Not Show Up In The Mutator List.

Originally posted by Aksen View Post
            i scroll through my inventory but it doesn't seem to pop up. i must be missing something simple.
            Please read the other posts related to those who downloaded the first ZIP file that had the incorrect directory structure. Either move the files manually or re download/install the file again (the second will work but will leave a few duplicated files in the wrong place).

Comment

I miss the Minigunturret ^^
              great work man !!!

Comment

Originally posted by darknet View Post
                Well I test out your Sentinel it work great but I not sure if the ammo is subbracted from it used when I double click it to apply for upgrade. It did not subtract the ammo. I just test in instant action but I am not sure if that there a bug in there.
                Did it definitely not use ammo, or could it perhaps just have displayed the wrong amount? i.e. if you close the menu afterwards, does the ammo count in the weapon bar match what was displayed in the upgrade menu (you might have to wait a second after upgrading for the menu to update its display)?

Evil can you make it so I can set "Infinite" for the ammo/pieces that way I will allways be able to deploy and I can set the max deployable to 3 or whatever...
                I don't think I would add in infinite ammo option (or zero deployment cost). It is, after all, supposed to be hard work getting them up and running.

Adding more replacement options is something I would do, except that I'm still not sure that that is the way I will handle ammo at all.

**ALSO im not seeing this in the web admin!..
                I will download the web admin and try it out. I assume that other custom mutators do work ok?

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                Ack, forgot one thing.
                Even when having ReplacementPercentage on HealthVials set to 100, I still had quite a few vials that didn't get replaced(testing was done on Suspense)

And noone has anything to say regarding those pics I posted up?
                ReplacementPercent works fine for me. Could you copy+paste the line from your ini here please?

As for your pictures: I think they speak for themselves.

Originally posted by Dark_Slayer View Post
                I miss the Minigunturret ^^
                great work man !!!
                The Minigun and Flamethrower are both planned for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                  ReplacementPercent works fine for me. Could you copy+paste the line from your ini here please?

As for your pictures: I think they speak for themselves.
                  Code:
                  ReplacedPickups=(PickupClass=UTGame.UTPickupFactory_HealthVial,ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_SentinelDeployer_Small,ReplacementPercent=100,ReplacementOffset=(Z=0.0))
                  The only other change I made was bumping MaxSents to 10

Comment

An option to deny deployment near enemy-controlled objectives is a possibility. Not deploying on vehicles is also a possibility.

Ammo placement is problematic at the moment, I know. I will be changing the system at some point to try to improve it and make the overall quantity more easily configurable.

I doubt I would add an option for infinite ammo, but you can already disable the shield upgrade (comment out the appropriate line in the ini).
                    Well if you cant make turret ammo infinite than maybe you can make if you only pick up only 2 boxes so to deploy the turret. Doing 10-15 boxes is just to much imho. You spend more time trying to get the 10-15 boxes just to deploy 1 freaking turret than you do playing the game. Too much work!

Also.........

If you can have it instead of the number of turrets per user make it "per team" In Tribes 2 I setup the my server for 4 max per team!

Thanks

Comment

this sounds pretty cool cant wait 4 ps3 cook if there is one

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                        Code:
                        ReplacedPickups=(PickupClass=UTGame.UTPickupFactory_HealthVial,ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_SentinelDeployer_Small,ReplacementPercent=100,ReplacementOffset=(Z=0.0))
                        The only other change I made was bumping MaxSents to 10

Unfortunately it still works for me. I'll keep investigating.

Originally posted by TekHead View Post
                        Well if you cant make turret ammo infinite than maybe you can make if you only pick up only 2 boxes so to deploy the turret. Doing 10-15 boxes is just to much imho. You spend more time trying to get the 10-15 boxes just to deploy 1 freaking turret than you do playing the game. Too much work!

Also.........

If you can have it instead of the number of turrets per user make it "per team" In Tribes 2 I setup the my server for 4 max per team!

Thanks
                        You can change the size of the ammo pickups from small (10) to medium (30) or large (100) by editing the ini. Specifically, change bits which say ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer_Small to ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer_Medium or ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer respectively (without the spaces, which the forum has added itself).

A Sentinel team limit is already on the list of things to add

Comment

Unfortunately it still works for me. I'll keep investigating.

You can change the size of the ammo pickups from small (10) to medium (30) or large (100) by editing the ini. Specifically, change bits which say ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer_Small to ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer_Medium or ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer respectively (without the spaces, which the forum has added itself).

A Sentinel team limit is already on the list of things to add
                          ok ill go check it out now!

Comment

Hmm not sure if this is intentional?

[shot]http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/43786/2000920049710856816_rs.jpg[/shot]

after applying various upgrades the sentinels wouldnt allow me to apply any more to them, or i couldnt open up the menu for them .. i know i hadnt applied them all.

i havent tried the recycle button, but if it does what i think it does by closing down the sentinel and giving some of the parts back, wouldnt it be good to still be able to access the menu instead of being locked out?

Comment

ok when you stated:

ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer

I tried that no work

Then I put:

ReplacementClass=UTMutator_Sentinel.UTAmmo_Sentine lDeployer_Large

No Boxes at all!!

And ther is no "Large" just small and medium

Comment

Oookay, i've been lurking in the shadows for too long already time to get back to the world of modding.

First off, the usual "omfg, i luv ur mutator, haf ma babiez!" style of comment...

Second, here comes my actual feedback after testing it on several different gamestyles.

- Deploying too many Sentinels at once can cause the game to malfunction, forcing bots to switch teams ( noticed this as my red team was getting more and more captures and my guns shot nothing for like 3 minutes <.<; ) i'm gonna check if setting MaxPlayers to 32 (was at 16 before, 11 bots in game and me) will have any impact on that.

- Sentinel Upgrade Menu doesn't work properly with your ammo counter. If you double-click upgrades, it installs them, no matter if you run out of ammo. In fact, it sets your ammo back to 200 again. (I used AllAmmo cheat before that, not sure if that has anything to do with it)

- Deploying Sentinels is not possible on some vehicles
                                *Scorpion: Not sure why, looks good to me <.<
                                *Scavenger: Energy Shield, it's like trying to place one sentinel above another XD

I got some suggestions / questions on my own, as i've been tinkering with your sentinels for a long time in UT2k4, even making custom addons and weaponry for it.

1. the base of the gun is nice and all, but is it possible to make it like the legs of the scavenger or darkwalker? would surely look awesome when the gun is holding itself in mid-air with it's legs impaled into nearby obstacles/vehicle parts instead of sometimes flying a few feet away from the object
                                This would allow it to be placed on walls, rather than only ceiling and floor, too.

2. When you include the flamethrower, what kind of style will it be, considering the possibilities that UT3 offers? As in real-life, there's the gas-based flamethrower, which fires in straight lines, or the liquid-based one, which bounces off walls and can easily ignite everything around it.

3. Possibility of upgrades for weaponry? Like level 1-3 Minigun (adding more barrels per level), faster fire rate, more damage or special features for the projectiles? like making grenades do EMP burst damage on explosion (turning vehicles off and throwing enemies to the ground)

4. Turret View, like the guys from the ChaosUT mod made, so you can see what is coming at you. Might be a addon rather than a function for all turrets by default. (Unless you can get work out a Radar, where enemies and enemy vehicles are displayed whenever detected by a sentinel)

---

Btw, i love the MOG =D nothing better to equip the flagroom with...it's the drop-me-plenty flag!

Again, thanks for this awesome mutator, which, even in beta stage, rox one's sox!

Comment

Working...
                                X