No announcement yet.

"Sentinel" Automatic Cannon [Pics] [Beta11] [Updated]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one came with the Sentinel Gear beta 2 iirc.

I just got a new crash, Mr Evil. But there was nothing of value in the log file, just a general protection fault announcement near the bottom, I will keep the log file in case you want it anyway. The game made a crash dump if you want to check that out as well.

As for other details, I was using these muts: Gibalicious, Slo Mo, Weapon Replacement, BattleRPG, Sentinel beta 8, Sentinel Gear (both muts) beta 2.
    This seems to only happen when minigun sentinels are around. I was playing yesterday for almost 2 hours and never experienced a problem, only one minigun sentinel + 2 disturber ones and 2 shock lances. But as soon as I plant a second minigun turret the game doesn't last too long before it decides to crash.

Comment

Regarding that angle limit, any way you could put some kind of marker as to where the center would be?

Comment

I think the center is the angle the sentinel faces when you first place it.

Comment

"This seems to only happen when minigun sentinels are around. I was playing yesterday for almost 2 hours and never experienced a problem, only one minigun sentinel + 2 disturber ones and 2 shock lances. But as soon as I plant a second minigun turret the game doesn't last too long before it decides to crash."

The Disturber turret has been buggy for a long time now, i disabled it on my server to stop people from crashing, i suggest you disable the disturber to see if it fixes your problems too, would be surprised if the minigun was at fault.

Comment

This is beyond weird. I set up a diverse crowd of sentinels in my base in Facing Worlds (1 minigun, 1 disturber, 2 shock lances, 1 flamethrower), stole the enemy flag and sat down in a safe spot in my base. Then I let the match go on for 5 hours while I was reading a book. No crash had occurred. . .

By the way, Mr Evil, I have been playing BattleRPG for a while and I think it would be badass if you made a special BattleRPG Sentinels mutator. It would make the sentinels get affected by several elements from the BattleRPG mutator. For example the sentinel weaponry could be affected by magic, imagine setting up a minigun sentinel of protection. Or the disturber sentinel of rage. (that's some devastating fire power right there)

Another way of playing around with sentinels in BattleRPG are special RPG upgrades just for sentinels. Like auto-repair speed, molecular shield durability, and so on.

Comment

The disturber crash bug happens when two disturbers are combined with a mog usually, as the beam from the disturber hits the ragdoll effect of the mog a server can crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi View Post
                I think the center is the angle the sentinel faces when you first place it.
                True, but you can change the center focus point along with the angle

Comment

Yeah, but at first you don't really know in which direction the center changer moves; clockwise or counter-clockwise I mean. The former is a lot more likely though.

Comment

I am now using sentinel v8, this seems to have fixed the disturber mog combo bug, i have not been able to reproduce the bug so far that was present in the old versions, will keep you updated if i do.

The disturber seems to be really really powerful in invasion and kills monsters easily, could you increase the cost of building it please, 150 ammo would be a nice balance for its power.

Comment

Agreed. It is devastating against bots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpDK View Post
                        dunno when you added it, if it came with the gear upgrade mutator, or this one directly, as i didn't see that one before, but...the angle limitation upgrade is AWESOME =)
                        ...finally you can place your turret near a entrance, and say "Through THAT DOOR comes the enemy!!" ...and it won't look away =3 sweet.
                        It came with beta 7. I don't know why I didn't make it before, actually; I often cursed at them when they were staring at a wall as someone sneaked up on them.

...I just got a new crash, Mr Evil. But there was nothing of value in the log file, just a general protection fault announcement near the bottom, I will keep the log file in case you want it anyway. The game made a crash dump if you want to check that out as well...
                        It's a shame that crashes often don't log anything useful. There's no point sending me the dump file because I have no idea how to read them.

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                        Regarding that angle limit, any way you could put some kind of marker as to where the center would be?
                        Done. I also made the arrow visible through the Sentinel, so you don't have problems not being able to see it at some angles.

By the way, Mr Evil, I have been playing BattleRPG for a while and I think it would be badass if you made a special BattleRPG Sentinels mutator...
                        That's not a bad idea. I'll look into it.

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
                        I am now using sentinel v8, this seems to have fixed the disturber mog combo bug, i have not been able to reproduce the bug so far that was present in the old versions, will keep you updated if i do...
                        I'm glad it's stopped, but I didn't change anything related to it, so it still leaves me none the wiser as to what causes/caused it.

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
                        ...The disturber seems to be really really powerful in invasion and kills monsters easily, could you increase the cost of building it please, 150 ammo would be a nice balance for its power.
                        Ok, I'll make it more expensive. Any thoughts on the power/cost of the other weapons? I get the impression that the Minigun might need to do slightly more damage, and maybe the Flamethrower too, because everyone always chooses the Rocket Launcher over those two.

Comment

I personally think the flamethrower is fine the way it is, at least for the price.
                          The minigun does need a noticeable damage boost though, it seems to just irritate the bots to death, as it takes a long time to take one down with constant fire.

And now that you mentioned the rocket launcher, I think there should be a "heavy" version of it that is much more powerful but very expensive, like 200 - 250. It would fire one big missile travelling at medium speed that does extreme damage. It could be a sentinel-version of the avril for example.

Comment

**** Mr Evil we need someone with your talent coding zark rifles for the community. Remember all the cool weapons for 99, It's what makes 99 still fun to play. Maybe a future project?

Comment

UT3 needs more good custom weapons indeed. Will there ever be a UT3 version of Weapons of Evil? That would give me a hard-on.

Comment

Rocket, mini and flame have nice power/cost balance, mini great for anti-air, rockets for taking out large groups and flame for small room crowd control.

Currently nobody on the server is building rox or mini while the distruber is so cheap to build, but once the build cost for it goes up then the other turrets should be a good economical option.

Comment

Working...
                                X