• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-City Square [PICS][Beta 1.4-New][Download]

1.Name: City Square.
    2.Version: Beta 1.4.
    3.Compatibility: UT3 (PC)
    4.Description: A DM map with a parking-lot and four city buildings around it. No feedback received on the layout in alpha, so I moved on to beta.
    5.Comments: a map for 6-32 players.
    6.Special features: None yet.
    7.Size: +- 31 mb
    8.Screenshots:
    [SHOT]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/129409/ebdxdkvqdf.jpg[/SHOT] [SHOT]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/129409/eokevqhime.jpg[/SHOT]

[SHOT]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/129409/nrbomanltm.jpg[/SHOT]

9.Download: (PC)
    DM-City Square

Changes in beta 1.4
    - added a construction site on top of 1 of the buildings
    - sniper rifle added on the construction site
    - started with some postprocessing (but light is still not right)

Changes from alpha to beta:
    - added a lot more static meshes to the map
    - improved lighting (still not perfect though)
    - replaced the anvils with bio guns

Planned:
    - thinking about some underground lvl's as well (depends on feedback)
    - a timed vechile that can be used (maybe)

PS: dont go out in the streets, for u will surely die

For a map called "Shopping" i expected more of a shopping area with escalators parking lots, designer stores, etc. Not this thing..... Nice attempt thou but a little more creativity could go a long way

Comment

For a map called "Shopping" i expected more of a shopping area with escalators parking lots, designer stores, etc. Not this thing..... Nice attempt thou but a little more creativity could go a long way
      As I said, its still ALPHA, no meshes yet, I need some comments on the layout 1st before I add those. Oh, and it will go a long way

Comment

ok, the shopping theme didn't quite make it, so I changed it to "City Square".

It is now in BETA, should look a lot better and play a lot better.

Please, any comments on layout and ideas are welcome

tx

Comment

This didn't work for me. Launching the map instead brings up a screen with some latin writing or whatever the language is and then you can't get out of UT3 accept by getting back to the desktop and closing it from the task manager. I've seen this before but unfortunately I don't the solution. If I can remember whose map it was I will give you the link so you can ask.

Comment

could be corrupted or missing package that will do that. Go the duke you work fast a new beta already

Comment

Whats going on with this map? It needs improved lighting imo. The inside looks great, reminds me a bit of a RSVegas map.

-EJon

Comment

Launching the map instead brings up a screen with some latin writing or whatever the language is and then you can't get out of UT3 accept by getting back to the desktop and closing it from the task manager
                mmm, very strange, a 1st for me. When I get time I will try and upload it again.

If I can remember whose map it was I will give you the link so you can ask
                I would apreciate it, tx

Whats going on with this map? It needs improved lighting imo.
                Yeah I know, still strugling with to get the directional light outside to what I want it to be. Also no postprocessing yet in this beta.

reminds me a bit of a RSVegas map
                RSVegas?

Comment

Won't open for me either,task manager to escape.All I saw was some foreign language.

Comment

Might it have something to do with 7-zip (witch I used to zip the file)

Comment

I think its a problem with .ini file, in the part "MapName=" you have to write the exact name of your map file (without extention). Worked for me atleast.

In your version its "MapName=DM-City Square", and should be "DM-CitySquare" (that is without space between words).

Comment

The friendlyname however, which is the name that actually shows up in the maplist, can have spaces and should not have any prefix (no DM or CTF, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 Duk3 View Post

RSVegas?
                          Rainbow Six Vegas

-EJon

Comment

Good news is I found the problem with the .ini file (so that would cause a crash?). Bad news is, I'm gonna be away for a few days (109km cycle tour), so the new beta will only be loaded next week

When its ready, I'll let you now

Comment

I took out the spaces in the ini and plays fine now.

Comment

Working...
                              X