No announcement yet.

VCTF - Crater Mining Camp [PS3-PC] [Beta 2.5] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't experience any noticable framerate drops on a full bot game. It seems to run pretty smooth. I really enjoy the map, I really wish the PS3 could have more players for big maps like this though to be honest, but there's not much you can do about that. The layout and placements seem fine. The only things I didn't like and would like to see addressed is 1) The armor vest, down near the Darkwalker, I think you should make that easier to get to since you need it pretty bad. You should put a jump up point (crate) on the other side of it as well, in case you need it on the run back. And it should be a bit easier to get up to. I really have to spend some time getting on that crate without just jumping over it, or getting on it, and just continuing to walk forward right of the thing. Make it so you can't just walk off the crate, cuz you really need quick access to the armor, from both sides.

The only other issue, which is probably more important than the armor thing, is you should make it so you can scale all the hills. It's low grav, so you should be able to scale them all. And when you hit one of the many areas, halfway up hills that you can't scale, it just seems so out of place, not to mention, when you're in 3rd person, you go into that stupid jumping pose, and since there are so many areas you can't climb, it's really annoying in 3rd person.

Other than those 2 things, I love everything about this map. It helps that it's based on a subject I'm obsessed with. Oh by the way, I didn't notice the bots pathing to be too bad. I always play against dumb AI and they were still all over the place. Anyway, thanks for the great map, I really look forward to the final version.

Comment

Greetings - It's time to wrap this map up - I have a few replies to the comments so far - thank you to "feisar32" and "Larry L."

feisar32: exterior is great & although I did notice the odd frame rate drop, it was brief & certainly didn't detract from the gameplay.
      Yes, this is going to happen it seems. The problem is due to a setting on the terrain which keeps it from 'popping' as it shifts between LOD. The right way to build a map like this is to create the walls of the crater as staic meshes instead of a terrain like I have.

Larry L: The only things I didn't like and would like to see addressed is 1) The armor vest, down near the Darkwalker, I think you should make that easier to get to
      I agree, I'll have the final version out soon with this addressed.

Larry L: The only other issue, which is probably more important than the armor thing, is you should make it so you can scale all the hills. It's low grav, so you should be able to scale them all. And when you hit one of the many areas, halfway up hills that you can't scale, it just seems so out of place, not to mention, when you're in 3rd person, you go into that stupid jumping pose, and since there are so many areas you can't climb, it's really annoying in 3rd person.
      There are ways up each hillside - just not from every point where the map flows. But anywhere you can't run up - you can surely jump or ride up. With that said, I'll still check a few points to see if editing the terrain won't change the map much.

===================

My apologies for taking so long to finish this map. I should have the final PC and PS3 versions out in a few days.

Comment

Working...
      X