• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF - Crater Mining Camp [PS3-PC] [Beta 2.5] [Pics]

PC UPDATED FILE: 3/28/2008 7:40 PM PST
    PS3 UPDATED FILE: 4/07/2008 10:15 PM PST

Name: VCTF - Crater Mining Camp
    Version: Beta 2.5 - FINAL BETA - NOW AVAILABLE FOR PS3!
    Compatibility: UT3

Description: One of the earlier mining camps taken over by the Necris, this location features a well etched terrain crater, two camps, an underground processing area, and a few Necris vehicles left over from the occupation.

Credits: all content by Epic, arranged by Sonic Wallpaper

Homepage: map - my music

PC Download: Beta 2.5 - uploaded: 3/28/2008 7:40 PM PST

PS3 Download: Beta 2.5 - uploaded: 4/08/2008 7:15 AM PST - [cooked properly this time] This version is the first release of this map for the PS3, and the only console I own is an Atari 2600 - so let me know how this works

About: My first UT3 map is nearing completion and I'm having a great time with the game and especially with the editor. This will be the 4th map I've released, with the first 3 created for UT2004. The best of those 3 was "VCTF - The Flag Chamber" which I see some people still play online .

It's a fairly large and open map with several paths for attacks and returning with the flag. The terrain provides 5 channels/paths between each base, and the underground rooms provide 3 additional paths and a dual lift system. In all cases, you can cross over at the center point of the map, allowing you to navigate around oncoming enemies.

The outside area features low gravity (which is a blast with the hoverboard), while the indoor areas have normal/Earth gravity. The map also features a high ledge on each side of the terrain for those who like to be the sniper!

Screenshots - from BETA 2.5 - updated 3/28/08:

Release Log

beta 2.5 updates include:

REMOVED:
    ==================
    * jump boots
    * 2 player starts - lower/center
    * the Nemesis from the center/side
    * the Scavenger from the middle/side
    * the invisible power up
    * 4 middle ridge player starts
    * fixed Kismet sequence for causing damage on lift

MOVED:
    ==================
    * slow volume
    * shield generator
    * weapon placement on far side channels so they are closer to the player starts
    * the supports in the center room to line up with the ceiling panels
    * the postion of the lights in the halls and center room due to ceiling panels
    * the position, color and brightness of the directional lights on the terrain
    * killvolumes around the crater
    * the underground paths on the sides which sloped down - moved in to make less linear
    * the ammo in the stair rooms, better flow
    * the ammo locker in the bunk rooms closer to the player starts
    * the angled halls down to the center room - all are more narrow, and the center is straight and opens to a walkway in the center room

ADDED:
    ==================
    * 2 flak Cannons in the lower/center area next to player starts
    * blocking volumes around wall supports to smooth out gameplay
    * wedge blocking vol in front of stairs to help w/ hoverboards
    * panel static meshes to ceilings in the main halls, lower center room, and 1st lower rooms
    * trim to terrain bases
    * 2 Scavengers to each terrain base roof
    * a Nemesis on the far side channels for each team
    * a terrain deco layer of rocks so the terrain isn't so smooth
    * tank mesh to center room and terrain bases
    * new halls and room connecting the bunk rooms on each side
    * more team arrow meshes in the lower halls and rooms
    * a lift room off to the side of the center room - has an up and down lift which go to the terrain surface
    * a player start in front of each team base

REPLACED:
    ==================
    * the cement material in the terrain bases, as well as the ceiling material
    * uses of cement material in stair rooms
    * far side channel weapons - link gun to shock rifles

beta 2.4 updates include:
    * adjusting the lights
    * new small side room off the center room
    * added trim to several locations
    * added link gun ammo near link gun pickups on terrain
    * moved boxes near entrances of terrain level bases, bots were getting stuck
    * added barrels to sniper locations to hide behind
    * necris tentacles now appear to move (texture panning)
    * nearly cut the skylight, and added directional lights from above; grey, white, blue and red

beta 2.3 updates include:
    * adjusting the lights
    * added additional light and light mesh to rooms w/ stairs
    * replaced the smaller BSP platforms located on the center platform with static meshes
    * changed the file names to include the beta version
    * set a trim material on the center platform's edges
    * added health vials to terrain level bases
    * repositioned big metal tank near the pole near the red base, it was floating

beta 2.2 updates include:
    * adjusting lights
    * fixed a few material alignment issues
    * fixed a few static mesh alignment issues
    * cut back on bloom

beta 2.1
    * adjusted lights
    * added more lights
    * replaced a few materials
    * fixed a few material alignment issues
    * fixed a few static mesh alignment issues
    * added more bloom

======================================

If you enjoy the song in the map, mp3 is free and can be downloaded from this page: http://www.artistserver.com/artist/s...onic_Wallpaper

PS3 version soon - although it won't have the custom music.

Thank you for checking this out - Feedback is welcomed.

Sonic Wallpaper

I hope this come out on PS3, because of the fact that the subject of this map, is a subject that I am obsessed with, because there are many, many pictures, of things NASA missed with their editing airbrush, of minig operations, and huge excavation sites on our moon. Huge buildings, structures, mining equipment like those Giant dump trucks and bucket wheels and tanks, strip mines, and artifacts. Even entire cities (or they could be just huge bases. Some of these are obviously ancient, some are not only newer, but active as we speak. All found in NASA satellite and landing mission photos from before NASA and JPL got efficient with their "airbrush". There is SO much obvious, and overwhelming evidence of this it's unbelievable.....there are even alot of picyures that may show our moon in fact has a breathable atmoshpere, albiet a very thin one. Scientist studying this are thinking it's about equivelent to around 15-20 thousand feet in our atmosphere. I know it sounds crazy, but the proof is undeniable, and all these pictures are available right through NASA. If anyone wants to see some, and own a PS3, send me a message on PSN. I'm deffinetly going to LOVE this map.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
      I hope this come out on PS3, because of the fact that the subject of this map, is a subject that I am obsessed with, because there are many, many pictures, of things NASA missed with their editing airbrush, of minig operations, and huge excavation sites on our moon. Huge buildings, structures, mining equipment like those Giant dump trucks and bucket wheels and tanks, strip mines, and artifacts. Even entire cities (or they could be just huge bases. Some of these are obviously ancient, some are not only newer, but active as we speak. All found in NASA satellite and landing mission photos from before NASA and JPL got efficient with their "airbrush". There is SO much obvious, and overwhelming evidence of this it's unbelievable.....there are even alot of picyures that may show our moon in fact has a breathable atmoshpere, albiet a very thin one. Scientist studying this are thinking it's about equivelent to around 15-20 thousand feet in our atmosphere. I know it sounds crazy, but the proof is undeniable, and all these pictures are available right through NASA. If anyone wants to see some, and own a PS3, send me a message on PSN. I'm deffinetly going to LOVE this map.
      the goverment has also been doing chemtrails for years, ever since pre MK Ultra stuff. this is the reason for the increase in cancer rates and the united states ability to stay out of the world court and kyoto without objection to public support. the only reason why places like LA and seattle can stay liberal is because of their large annual rainfall and water sheds originating in the mountians (and contoled by state goverments). This is the reason why there was such a large WTO resistence in the 1999 'battle for seattle'. simply the chemicals do not permiate into the ground water; the basis from most of teh water in places liek the bible belt.

obviously this technology has been going on for decades and has been contoled by Mj-12 and their public front the 'trilateral comission'. most likly this has originated from project Serpo; an extra terrestrial technology exchange. This is proven by the fact that the trialteral comission members (japan, united states and europe) are leading in technological development.
      mj12 and project Serpo are probably remenants of the bavarian illuminati; as members seeking asylem or new economic territory cam to teh united states where they have control of the supreme court. this is known becuase of the way the supreme court rulled on the 14th ammendment to the consitution; while made to protect fromer slaves, it was used to empower corporations and weaken individuals.

Ron Paul for president.

Comment

Wow, now we have a bunch of conspiracy nuts. If there is so many **** things going on, on the moon why haven't other people seen this or reported this with new photos? If the moon thing was "airbrushed" back then we sure as hell have the technology for regular people to see the moon today with high powered telescopes and such. I'm really not going to get into this, but have you seen the supposed "airbrushed" pictures? If you did I mean come one, if our government cant do a better job than "smudging" parts of a picture with all their technology to cover up a "base"....ridiculous

Comment

Needs more light!

Keep up the good work though \o/

Comment

Lots of new photos of the moon and mars come out all the time. It's just 99% of people don't pay attention to them because they think it's just rediculous to think out government would lie to us about things like this. As for regular people with high powered telescopes, you are absolutely right. And in fact we have WAY higher quality pictures of the moon, taken with a 10" refractor telescope (probably a $4000 telescope, mabey a little more), taken by regular people, ameture astronomers, than the pictures we are shown from NASA and JPL, taken with "Clementine", supposedly the highest resolution camera we ever put into the moons orbit. Clementine should be crystal clear pictures, much higher than anything, ever, but yet there are just all lame pictures, in most cases worse than Appolo picture. And all those "airbrushed pictures, that just look like smudges, those are all from before 1975. It just so happens digital imaging became available in 1976. After 1976, there are 0 smudges in NASA and JPL pictures. ALso, the old images that were smudged by hand, it just so happens all those smudges are the shaped of buildings and towers. Some of them you can even see the thing under the smudge. There's on picture from pre 76, that in I think the crater Coppernicus, it shows an obvious strip mine, buildings, roads, equipment, even a huge radar dish. The whole rim of this supposed crater was crawling with buildings and structers. The when Clementine took it's shots, years later, that same crater was totally clean, it just looked like the typical text book crater. That shows how much farther NASA and JPL's editing has come. But now China and other countries are going to the moon, and I don't think they are going to try so hard to hide this stuff. Already from their imager, there are crystal clear pictures of the old low-res, edited US images, and we are seeing amazing things. Have you seen the picture of the "android head" that looks just like C-3PO? That was taken by astronauts on foot. Which means they probably too it back with them. There was an ancient, very advanced civilazation on our moon, and alot of the tings that look like current mining, are probably not mining, but archeological digs to get to the ancient technology. Although alot of it HAS to be mining, cuz you can see it going on. They are probably mining Helium3. And a by product of this whole thing is that there is NO WAY they could get all that incredibly heavy equipment up to the moon using rocket based technology.

Comment

About all this "MOONCREATURSZOMG" nonsense: go kill yourselves. You honestly do not deserve to live. I am wondering just how it is that people as stupid as yourselves have managed to live this long, really. And as far as NASA "OMFGAIRBRUSHING" their photos... Did it ever occur to you that people airbrushed them to SHOW structures? People are idiots like that. But you're even more stupid if you fell for it.

Comment

err... yeah. Isn't this thread about a UT3 map?

Taboen - yes, more light - I just uploaded a new update - beta 2.1 - thanks for the feedback

I'll try to get some new screenshots made and posted to show the difference

Comment

Well I have your map on my server and its great dont do a thing its perfect. Users on my server love your map.

Good Job

Comment

Originally posted by Guru7892 View Post
                    the goverment has also been doing chemtrails for years, ever since pre MK Ultra stuff . . . *misc garbage* . . . rulled on the 14th ammendment to the consitution; while made to protect fromer slaves, it was used to empower corporations and weaken individuals.

Ron Paul for president.
                    Clowns like you are the reason no one took poor Ron seriously. Thanks a lot.

Oh, and nice looking map, Sonic. A little blocky design around the Darkwalker, but I like how you haven't just bukkake'd the place with random static meshes, like a lot of custom maps have. You've put some work into it, and it shows.

Comment

Version 2.2 now uploaded

TekHead - cool, thank you. I just realized that I should have saved the beta map out with the version in the title - otherwise people can apparently have issues w/ mismatched versions of the map. I'll get a new version out w/ beta in the title tomorrow. Possibly you could replace the map w/ this one. Then replace that once the final is out. I won't change much .

SonOfSamus - you are right, I could prob replace those slabs on the sides of the darkwalker w/ a static mesh that looks better - I'll see what I can find.

Comment

BETA 2.3 now uploaded

Version 2.3 now uploaded

TekHead - the new version has beta in the title, please replace your copy if possible - the final should be out in another week.

SonOfSamus - thank you for pointing out the blocky slab, it's been replaced w/ a static mesh and looks MUCH better.

BETA 2.3:
                        * adjusting the lights
                        * added additional light and light mesh to rooms w/ stairs
                        * replaced the smaller BSP platforms located on the center platform with static meshes
                        * changed the file names to include the beta version
                        * set a trim material on the center platform's edges
                        * added health vials to terrain level bases
                        * repositioned big metal tank near the pole near the red base, it was floating

Comment

Any chance of getting some feedback from at least one of the 60+ people who've downloaded the map? It's quite a fun map to play

I'll take some more screenshots so you all can see it's not so dark now

Comment

BETA 2.4 NOW RELEASED

1st post has new screenshots - if they look the same, hold shift and reload/refresh the page.

beta 2.4 updates include:
                            * adjusting the lights
                            * new small side room off the center room
                            * added trim to several locations
                            * added link gun ammo near link gun pickups on terrain
                            * added barrels to sniper locations to hide behind
                            * necris tentacles now appear to move (texture panning)
                            * nearly cut the skylight, and added directional lights from above; grey, white, blue and red

enjoy

Comment

BETA 2.5 NOW RELEASED - FINAL BETA

See first post for download link.

REMOVED:
                              ==================
                              * jump boots
                              * 2 player starts - lower/center
                              * the Nemesis from the center/side
                              * the Scavenger from the middle/side
                              * the invisible power up
                              * 4 middle ridge player starts

MOVED:
                              ==================
                              * slow volume
                              * shield generator
                              * weapon placement on far side channels so they are closer to the player starts
                              * the supports in the center room to line up with the ceiling panels
                              * the postion of the lights in the halls and center room due to ceiling panels
                              * the position, color and brightness of the directional lights on the terrain
                              * killvolumes around the crater
                              * the underground paths on the sides which sloped down - moved in to make less linear
                              * the ammo in the stair rooms, better flow
                              * the ammo locker in the bunk rooms closer to the player starts
                              * the angled halls down to the center room - all are more narrow, and the center is straight and opens to a walkway in the center room

ADDED:
                              ==================
                              * 2 flak Cannons in the lower/center area next to player starts
                              * blocking volumes around wall supports to smooth out gameplay
                              * wedge blocking vol in front of stairs to help w/ hoverboards
                              * panel static meshes to ceilings in the main halls, lower center room, and 1st lower rooms
                              * trim to terrain bases
                              * 2 Scavengers to each terrain base roof
                              * a Nemesis on the far side channels for each team
                              * a terrain deco layer of rocks so the terrain isn't so smooth
                              * tank mesh to center room and terrain bases
                              * new halls and room connecting the bunk rooms on each side
                              * more team arrow meshes in the lower halls and rooms
                              * a lift room off to the side of the center room - has an up and down lift which go to the terrain surface
                              * a player start in front of each team base

REPLACED:
                              ==================
                              * the cement material in the terrain bases, as well as the ceiling material
                              * uses of cement material in stair rooms
                              * far side channel weapons - link gun to shock rifles

Comment

Working...
                              X