Conkers War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conkers War

This is two versions of a map I reimagined from the multiplayer section of Conkers Bad Fur Day. The map is Total War, I renamed it to Conkers War for this version. It is not an exact replica but it has a very similar look and feel. Any suggestions feel free.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6WGCNRMW DM Version(ps3) NEW!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VRMAPE3 DM Version(PC) NEW!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOAK0LUN VCTF Version(ps3) NEW!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMAYVXY4 VCTF Version(PC) NEW!

Beta B is released for PS3! Tomorrow I will release it for PC.

lol The VCTF is good!

Reminds me of a simple custom UT2004 VCTF. Im getting great frames 80-130

I know its a simple map but its pretty good sized and AI is OK and sometimes these kinds of maps are very popular!

Try to get that .ini in there and probably dont need a LOC_int.upk but that would be nice and a readme and some screens!

Good start though!

Comment

Thanks ANick your input is much appreciated. I'm gonna see what I can do about fixing the sky and then I'll upload versions with all of that stuff.

Comment

As for the Manta:

"Does anyone know how to make the Manta shoot normally? It shoots black boxes and I have no idea how to fix it."

Don't worry about that, it happens in all cooked maps for the PS3 that contains vehicles. Don't know if Epic will every do anything about that.

Comment

Alright that's good to know. Won't have to waste anymore time trying to get that to work right.

Comment

Originally posted by lightweaponx View Post
            If anybody knows how to get rid of the hud feel free to tell me.
            Press Tab, they type showhud 0

~Death Dream~

Comment

First I want to say I personally really apprieciate you posting up the raw USERDATA.JAMs for the PS3 version. That's great for me since I don't have a PC. For any PS3 owners that don't know, you can download these 2 maps right from your PS3, the same way that you do from ut3mod.com. That's awesome, and allows me to check out maps right away. So thanks for that.

Also, to the person who was wondering about the mantas shooting black boxes, you must be on the PS3 version, and as of right now, that can't be fixed as far as I know. It's a problem on all PS3 custom maps that have vehicles.

Now, as for the map, I like the large areas, but I do think a rock or something should be on each side of the upper outside plateu. That is a very large area to travel, and you have no chance against anyone with a sniper rife or shock rifle, or stringer, without a little cover. Alot of the walls seem very empty and bland, inside and out. It's not a big deal, but a little decoration would probably go a long way to add some atmosphere to the map. All the redeemers in that one spot is weird too, but I get it, and with such a big map, more than 1 redeemer isn't too bad. I would spread out the redeems a bit, cuz you know whoever goes down there is gonna grab them all anyway. Mabey a Udamage in the middle, up in the air where only jump boots could grab them would be nice too. Theae are all just suggestions, the map is nice as it is. Some decoration is needed tho for sure. Anyway, thanks for the map, and again, thanks for hosting the USERDATA.JAM, instead of a zipped file. That's big for me.

PS btw, that is all regarding the DM map, I'm not a big CTF guy right now. When/IF the mics get fixed on the PS3 version, I will start playing CTF and Warfare. Oh yea, and thanks for unlocking the vehicles for TDM as well. Cheers.

Comment

Just giving this a bump for any VCTF servers I think its a good change of pace and worked good on my server to clients.

Its really a simple map without alot of eye candy but the routes to the flags are good and its not too small and gives good frame rates so give it a go. I think this mapper will produce some good stuff in the future!

Comment

great job man. good lighting and excellent gameplay. looking forward to more from this author

Comment

Both versions updated with new lighting, vastly improved sky, and a few minor tweaks.

Comment

Side NOTE:

Make sure if you make another version to rename it to avoid version conflicts!!

So I hope you renamed it like VCTF-Conker_WarV1 or VCTF-Conkers_War_Beta2 ect ect.

Comment

I wish I had read this earlier.

Comment

Well this first change is OK to leave it since you have the .ini and .upk in the zip but in the future make sure you allways make maps and mutators have thier own identity to avoid problems between servers and clients who might have the same map or mute with the same name but of a different size makes for big trouble!

So Ideally name the first release like beta1 then beta2 then when your sure your done you can name the map VCTF-ConkersWar or VCTF-ConkersWarFinal makes it so it allways has its own identity and will not conflict!

Believe me I have made over 500+ maps mods and mutes since Unreal 1 and any veteran will tell you the same!

Comment

this map looks cool but i hate rapidshare.....im at conflict with myself

Comment

If you download it I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X