X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Uriop View Post
    why would anyone want blur in a fast paced game...:S
    Personal preference I would guess. Just like you don't like it and no one is knocking you some people like using it for fun. Pretty simple.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why would anyone want blur in a fast paced game...:S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^^ That sounds cool ... yeah just add code that always make the setting TRUE and this will be perfect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah that could be because that setting in the ini is turned to false on lower world details, perhaps I could add some lines in there to force it no matter what. Mind you if you are having to turn down the detail I can imagine 5 fps will make all the difference for you. The fps hit though is less noticeable then it is on UE2.5 so perhaps there is some video hardware involvement in there or updates to software give some increased speed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
    By the way, I think this only works if you have World Detail set to 4 or 5.

I didn't notice any Motion Blur on World Detail 3.

Well in that case you can use the Tweaker tool to set motionblur to be true individually. No problem at all. Remember the MotionBlur is setting in the UT ini file and even though it doesn't work out the box correctly it can't work at all if this variable is set to false. This is why Brad G. made the tool and why it is so popular ... you have so much control over the settings ... like how UT games have been in the past.

BTW I have grown very used to using this and can't even imagine not having blur anymore... its one of those things you go how did I ever really enjoy UT3 gaming before without this. It really adds more tension to the match ... the more I play UT3 the more I really appreciate its darker and more realistic tone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By the way, I think this only works if you have World Detail set to 4 or 5.

I didn't notice any Motion Blur on World Detail 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, this is a great little mutator!

Cheers mate, thanks for doing something Epic couldn't be bothered to do!

Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have download it yesterday and it work good with patch 1.2 beta 4 !! it ' s a really cool lil mut !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Slider bar is certainly doable, Im just alittle annoyed at the UT3 UI's atm working on some reusable code which is doing my head in

Also there is more than just 1 property to adjust for motion blur there is a few, strength is certainly one of them but that doesnt really relate to more or less motion blur as such. Anyways I'll see what I can do over the next few days or so

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have noticed the effect is much more noticeable in 3rd person or when you use the ActionCam mutator. But in First person it is less perceptible ... I think it is fine ... works great for me in either config. However letting it be configurable with a slider bar would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really didn't notice any change on my 7800 besides an FPS drop. Maybe it needs to have a configurations menu where the player can make it more or less intense?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    I think some of you are confusing object based motion blur with this motion blur full screen effect. I did notice the engine does have a few variables regarding object based motion blur but I'll take that further in a bigger mod perhaps, later on, which should remove the need for a full screen motion blur.

I'll admit though hey, I dont like motion blur much especially when its applied all the time. Its good to help with the feeling of speed as in NFS MW where it only kicks in after a top speed but after awhile all the full screen effects can do your head in. I should add a disclaimer about motion sickness

Yeah sorry about that, I didnt see your thread until just before I was releasing already I was actually working from the request in this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594600 so I didnt do it just to annoy you

Id be interested in seeing your method though as it might be cleaner than mine, it might be worth posting your code and thread up in here as well up to you though.

Thanks for the support guys but I cant really take much credit for the actual settings, all I did is turn it back on (hacked around a hack ) but yeah thats all Epic hey so direct your thanks or lack thereof that aways

hahaha, no it's oke. Now i'm going to work on an other mod called: The fast and the furius - Scorpion drift. I think the title says it al

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think some of you are confusing object based motion blur with this motion blur full screen effect. I did notice the engine does have a few variables regarding object based motion blur but I'll take that further in a bigger mod perhaps, later on, which should remove the need for a full screen motion blur.

I'll admit though hey, I dont like motion blur much especially when its applied all the time. Its good to help with the feeling of speed as in NFS MW where it only kicks in after a top speed but after awhile all the full screen effects can do your head in. I should add a disclaimer about motion sickness

Originally posted by BananaXtreme View Post
    lol, you thief. I was the first one with that mod. But i think you don't have inspiration or something
    Yeah sorry about that, I didnt see your thread until just before I was releasing already I was actually working from the request in this thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594600 so I didnt do it just to annoy you

Id be interested in seeing your method though as it might be cleaner than mine, it might be worth posting your code and thread up in here as well up to you though.

Thanks for the support guys but I cant really take much credit for the actual settings, all I did is turn it back on (hacked around a hack ) but yeah thats all Epic hey so direct your thanks or lack thereof that aways

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OUTSTANDING-thanks sooo much for this.

one little req. tho,i love the effect ,very subtle,but is there a param to lessen it just a bit?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BananaXtreme View Post
    lol, you thief. I was the first one with that mod. But i think you don't have inspiration or something
    but this one works... i dont mean to rain on your parade.. but who cares who does it, as long as it works.. not who thought of it first

Leave a comment:

Working...
X