Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...31&postcount=4

Try that out, perhaps motion blur is set to off on your PC if that doesnt work then ummz Im not sure why its not working. Probably need some more info about your PC and stuff

Looks like adding a force motion blur on in the ini might be needed since some people are experiencing problems getting this to work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good boy !
    what the ... wait i just downloaded it and it doesnt work :|
    why ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Uriop View Post
    how the ****ing am i crapping on this thread or looking down on this thread? i asked why anyone would want to use it.

because its weird to me.

really.
    It comes across as condescending. Instead of sounding like, "Out of curiosity, why are people drawn to this," it sounds like, "Why on Earth would you n00bs want this ****?" Mainly as a result of the similarity of rhetoric used by people who actually want to dump on the thread and its fans for no reason. It typically results from the elitist mindset that competitive players tend to have, where anything that doesn't give a (potentially unfair) advantage is viewed as stupid and n00b-ish, and supporters of said ideas or features are considered in the same vein.
    I apologize for the reaction, but I hope you can understand where it came from.

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
    What would happen if you cooked this for PS3? Double motion blur?

P.S. Don't cook it! It's a waste of time.
    If it provided a slider to control the motion blur it could be worth it. Just for s***s and giggles you could crank it up to full and pretend you're drunk, or the more picky players could reduce the effect or turn it off ( though it might have to be server side only or it could be used to gain a slight non-shared advantage.

Also, if he manages to bring in more of the object-based blur that UE3 can do, or pull some other fancy tricks like a depth check hack to make things blur less the farther away they are, it could really be worth it, as it would be enhancing the existing effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What would happen if you cooked this for PS3? Double motion blur?

P.S. Don't cook it! It's a waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
    Didn't work for me for some reason.

I play with both graphical sliders set to 4.

My vid card is a 7900 GT OC

My suggestion would be to use the Tweaker tool by Brad G. and just make sure the motionblur setting is set to true in the UTGame.ini file. It may be that setting 4 disables it ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Can we keep to the topic please guys and leave the other discussions for more relevant threads

If you dont like this mutator, dont use it! Simple hey? I really doubt servers are gonna be running this one en masse in a hurry lolz
    You should respect the Thread author and just leave it alone ... if it is not something you use or are likely to use then there is no need to comment on the thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how the ****ing am i crapping on this thread or looking down on this thread? i asked why anyone would want to use it.

because its weird to me.

really.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Didn't work for me for some reason.

I play with both graphical sliders set to 4.

My vid card is a 7900 GT OC

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow this is dope, but for me its only usefull on small and custom maps that dont lag me *ahem deck ahem*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Uriop View Post
    why would anyone want blur in a fast paced game...:S
    For the same reason that some people leave the camera shake and the non-centered crosshair on - for realism and feel. Myself I wouldn't, but there's certainly no reason to look down upon people who do.

Heck, I'm running UT3 on world detail 5 because I'd hate to see all the awesome details go to waste with a lower, more frag-friendly setting. Not everybody is a competitive gamer who's in it just for the points and winning tournaments.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seriously, is it really worth it waste your time crapping on a thread for no reason?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can we keep to the topic please guys and leave the other discussions for more relevant threads

If you dont like this mutator, dont use it! Simple hey? I really doubt servers are gonna be running this one en masse in a hurry lolz

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so you DON'T want to be able to see the enemy once you move your mouse, and you DON'T want bright maps, the mechanical ones will do?

sigh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    This is why Brad G. made the tool and why it is so popular ... you have so much control over the settings ... like how UT games have been in the past.
    Thanks for the info. Think Epic really dropped the ball with UT3 to an extent.
    The thing that really disappoints me is the LACK of options and features...

Why Epic? WHY?

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    ... the more I play UT3 the more I really appreciate its darker and more realistic tone.
    Amen to that, I love this game more and more. I'm beginning to think it is my favourite UT game ever (gameplay and graphics wise), despite any of the 'issues' I have with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Li3k omgz can u cook for ps3? That would be wikk3d.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X