Comment

I haven't had that problem, weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
        Is that the Redeemer or the sniper?
        Good point it could be the deemer, didnt think of that one

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
          Wow, its a hologram! Does it only do that with the sniper rifle or all the time?

Seems there is something going on, looks like when I adjusted the full motion blur option and everything but stationary skeletal meshes have like drunk'o'vision.

It appears when you get a hit or ride a redeemer. And i cant see any blur efx no matter how quick i move.

My card is X2600XT, i hope this is not related to my card.

Comment

If you're not seeing blur then you probably don't have it enabled in the .ini. Open up UTEngine.ini in the MyDocs path and do a search for "blur"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
              If you're not seeing blur then you probably don't have it enabled in the .ini. Open up UTEngine.ini in the MyDocs path and do a search for "blur"
              It's enabled.

Comment

I think it could be you just arnt noticing it with the deemer, theres alot of effects on the side there and screen warping like a fisheye and whatnot. I'll have to roll back the settings some to see, at the moment I got it setup pretty strong on mine. Its certainly working all the time though, theres overlays on the screen so perhaps its falling back to 1 link in the post processing chain.

Comment

From the moment I first tried this, I've never played again without it.

But dammit, I wish Epic would fix UT3 so it would remember instant action map and mutator settings.

Comment

The next project should be to add motion blur to moving objects and car tires. Motion blur and DOF are 2 of the hugest realism-graphics improvements to a game. The underwater view could be much better with a further DOF and a distortion material that pans across the HUD to give it the 'wavy' effect.

Comment

Yeah it would be really kewl to add per object motion blur to only the moving objects, dunno if its possible or not though.

Comment

Yeah it would be really kewl to add per object motion blur to only the moving objects, dunno if its possible or not though.
                        There is a post-process material, perhaps there is a way to create a blur material apply it to the HUD using moving objects to generate a mask (RenderToTexture?). Or just a script to apply it to individual objects. This may seem random, but all of a sudden, I'm dying to see a Hiroshima-sized Nuke in a colossal and destructible UT3 level.

Comment

Each object does have a blur setting but this motion blur seems to only work when the camera is rotating, it doesnt even seem to work when someone keeps the camera straight and runs. Perhaps its some kind of optimization or I just havent got the settings right.

You would probably be a fair way away to be able to see the full nuke explosion, upclose you wouldnt want to be a player because you wont last too long. Honestly I thinks like that are best saved for cinematics as you have more control over the camera angles to point people to where the interesting stuff is happening.

Comment

Each object does have a blur setting but this motion blur seems to only work when the camera is rotating, it doesnt even seem to work when someone keeps the camera straight and runs. Perhaps its some kind of optimization or I just havent got the settings right.

You would probably be a fair way away to be able to see the full nuke explosion, upclose you wouldnt want to be a player because you wont last too long. Honestly I thinks like that are best saved for cinematics as you have more control over the camera angles to point people to where the interesting stuff is happening.
                            When you say that each object has a blur setting, do you mean static objects, or does it also apply to things that would normally be moving, such as people and vehicles? This could be an excuse for me to get back into Unreal Script. The problem is, would this require a function to check for actors on screen every tick (which could be a performance hit) instead of player rotation?

Comment

It's possible to apply motion blur per-object - I'm pretty sure I've seen the code for it. I'd imagine it to be quite a performance hit.

Comment

I was looking at this:
                                http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s...lureffect.html
                                It seems that tweaking the CameraTranslationThreshold and setting FullMotionBlur to false would be a step toward what I would like to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                                X