No announcement yet.

MotionBlurPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it is actually a playerside setting as far as I know, like if someone has motion blur switched off but joins a server with this mutator on it'll be off on their PC but on for anyone else who has it turned on.

Thing with that is I cant remove something from Epics code and recompile it so yeah you'll have to run the mutator to turn it on for now hehe

Comment

Cool deal, great work. I <3 this mutator!

Comment

It's working on 1.2 beta 2. I can't link to where I nabbed it, though.

Comment

[screenshot]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/techrelated/moblur3.jpg[/screenshot]

Comment

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=174949

Thanks for the piccy dude, used it over here cause someone asked for me to post it up on buf copied it over to my photobucket though seems I have 100gb of bandwith with em

Comment

Great to hear.

-Jonathan

Comment

btw, you do realize that motionblur isn't exactly realistic right? not sure who sold you that junk to you. go ahead, stand up, and turn around quickly, tell me if you become blind as a frog as you do in these games.

i don't see bloom in real life either, unless its like really foggy with sunlight bouncing everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Uriop View Post
                  btw, you do realize that motionblur isn't exactly realistic right? not sure who sold you that junk to you. go ahead, stand up, and turn around quickly, tell me if you become blind as a frog as you do in these games.

i don't see bloom in real life either, unless its like really foggy with sunlight bouncing everywhere.
                  Your eyes aren't capped at 60fps, lol, and besides, lens flair and a host of other effects don't happen "in real life" but they look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Uriop View Post

lol yes I think I explained the difference between object based motion blur and a full screen effect earlier in the thread.

Hop in a car and look down at the ground while its moving

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                      lol yes I think I explained the difference between object based motion blur and a full screen effect earlier in the thread.

Hop in a car and look down at the ground while its moving

thats because you're going really fast though.

if you run and turn around, you won't see anything blurry . not till u start getting tired anyway lol

Comment

Indeed! It is possible to adjust this so it doesnt work when you turn only when you go above a velocity though similar to being in a car I guess so there are ways to make it more realistic if you like. Mind you alot of these effects are purely to show off not to achieve more realism, you can do some really interesting things like make it black and white or add 10x bloom with super corona's and what not so it does give more artistic control over the look of things

Comment

Yes, why render reality perfect? It gets boring.

Comment

Well I always thought that games were there because people wanted to get away from reality for a few hours, but hey things change I guess

Comment

^^^ Well to be fair a game can look realistic as heck ... its the gameplay that determines the level of reality. Just think of games in the distant future that will enable us to pretend we are characters like Neo and Morpheus and do all kinds of crazy metaphysical stuff in a totally real looking virtual world. Or even the holodecks of STNG. So the graphics can always stand to be better until we reach realism but what companies will have to always refine is the gameplay.

Comment

hey hey...if i wanted reality, i'd play cod4 (which is FAR from realistic, but w/e) and i'd play with it on in competition, which i don't do :P

i only responded to realism because someone threw it in my face.

don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking this mod, i think its really cool. i was just baffled at how people were actually ASKING for blur. thats all :P

Comment

Working...
                                X