MotionBlurPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't work for me for some reason.

I play with both graphical sliders set to 4.

My vid card is a 7900 GT OC

Comment

how the ****ing am i crapping on this thread or looking down on this thread? i asked why anyone would want to use it.

because its weird to me.

really.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
        Can we keep to the topic please guys and leave the other discussions for more relevant threads

If you dont like this mutator, dont use it! Simple hey? I really doubt servers are gonna be running this one en masse in a hurry lolz
        You should respect the Thread author and just leave it alone ... if it is not something you use or are likely to use then there is no need to comment on the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
          Didn't work for me for some reason.

I play with both graphical sliders set to 4.

My vid card is a 7900 GT OC

My suggestion would be to use the Tweaker tool by Brad G. and just make sure the motionblur setting is set to true in the UTGame.ini file. It may be that setting 4 disables it ...

Comment

What would happen if you cooked this for PS3? Double motion blur?

P.S. Don't cook it! It's a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Uriop View Post
              how the ****ing am i crapping on this thread or looking down on this thread? i asked why anyone would want to use it.

because its weird to me.

really.
              It comes across as condescending. Instead of sounding like, "Out of curiosity, why are people drawn to this," it sounds like, "Why on Earth would you n00bs want this ****?" Mainly as a result of the similarity of rhetoric used by people who actually want to dump on the thread and its fans for no reason. It typically results from the elitist mindset that competitive players tend to have, where anything that doesn't give a (potentially unfair) advantage is viewed as stupid and n00b-ish, and supporters of said ideas or features are considered in the same vein.
              I apologize for the reaction, but I hope you can understand where it came from.

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
              What would happen if you cooked this for PS3? Double motion blur?

P.S. Don't cook it! It's a waste of time.
              If it provided a slider to control the motion blur it could be worth it. Just for s***s and giggles you could crank it up to full and pretend you're drunk, or the more picky players could reduce the effect or turn it off ( though it might have to be server side only or it could be used to gain a slight non-shared advantage.

Also, if he manages to bring in more of the object-based blur that UE3 can do, or pull some other fancy tricks like a depth check hack to make things blur less the farther away they are, it could really be worth it, as it would be enhancing the existing effect.

Comment

good boy !
                what the ... wait i just downloaded it and it doesnt work :|
                why ?

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...31&postcount=4

Try that out, perhaps motion blur is set to off on your PC if that doesnt work then ummz Im not sure why its not working. Probably need some more info about your PC and stuff

Looks like adding a force motion blur on in the ini might be needed since some people are experiencing problems getting this to work.

Comment

Wonderful job! I spent a while tying to get it work, but I'm no coder, just an artist in training.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpo...31&postcount=4

Try that out, perhaps motion blur is set to off on your PC if that doesnt work then ummz Im not sure why its not working. Probably need some more info about your PC and stuff

Looks like adding a force motion blur on in the ini might be needed since some people are experiencing problems getting this to work.
                      thats already been done :|
                      my spec qx6800 @ 3ghz, nvidia 8800 ultra, 4 gb @ 800mhz ... vista, ut3 patch 1.1

Comment

Yeah for some reason it was disabled in the .ini

Should have checked that out before.

Works now... I love motion blur, dunno why but I friggn love it.

Great job, and thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ikarus View Post
                          thats already been done :|
                          my spec qx6800 @ 3ghz, nvidia 8800 ultra, 4 gb @ 800mhz ... vista, ut3 patch 1.1
                          Well seems your PC is fully capable of motion blur, not that I think thats an issue even on an older system except for the FPS hit

Lemme see what I can do with the code, I might be able to force it and that'll clear up your problems. Perhaps even a warning to say the mutator is enabled when you first boot up so you can see if theres a problem there, it is a very subtle effect though and you really gotta move around fast to notice it.

I dont think its possible you missed it entirely though as subtle as it is, it is still noticeable. I didnt test on 1.1, Im using a beta of 1.2 so maybe theres something in that but Im sure someone else who tried it in here would have been using 1.1, any one?

Comment

Originally posted by Brits__Hit View Post
                            Yeah for some reason it was disabled in the .ini

Should have checked that out before.

Works now... I love motion blur, dunno why but I friggn love it.

Great job, and thanks!
                            Well, for one thing, it reduces eye strain, and for another, it gives the whole environment a more natural look while moving.

Comment

Well seems your PC is fully capable of motion blur, not that I think thats an issue even on an older system except for the FPS hit

Lemme see what I can do with the code, I might be able to force it and that'll clear up your problems. Perhaps even a warning to say the mutator is enabled when you first boot up so you can see if theres a problem there, it is a very subtle effect though and you really gotta move around fast to notice it.

I dont think its possible you missed it entirely though as subtle as it is, it is still noticeable. I didnt test on 1.1, Im using a beta of 1.2 so maybe theres something in that but Im sure someone else who tried it in here would have been using 1.1, any one?
                              oh please do that, but i think its the version`s fault, where did you get the 1.2 because i cant find it
                              thx

Comment

BTW, is it possible to enable this as a player-side option instead of a mutator, so we can have it running 100% of the time?

I'm using the first/only public UT3 patch, and it's working here.

Comment

Working...
                                X