MotionBlurPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hard to notice would be a good thing for an FPS on mouse hey?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by onefingerkill View Post
    maybe its cuz ones more prone to turn faster with a ps3 controller, but running thru a same display setup, ps3 ut3 definitely has more blur than this lovely mutator. and i like blur.. i want more!
    Yeah I have basically gotten so used to the low blur level it is hard to notice it on the PC but on the PS3 it is still prevelant. I think in order to really notice this you have to be in 3rd person or use ActionCam. But in normal FPS mode it seems hard to notice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Drink more!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maybe its cuz ones more prone to turn faster with a ps3 controller, but running thru a same display setup, ps3 ut3 definitely has more blur than this lovely mutator. and i like blur.. i want more!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMG, thank you for this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ummz no actually they didnt write new motion blur effects, they used the one already provided by Epic. Theres alot of native going on behind the scenes with full screen effects, you could write some stuff in unrealscript but its not going to be anywhere near as good as code written in native.

I tried setting static mesh components to a blur of 0 with a mutator, either what I did wasnt working or the FullMotionBlur setting doesnt work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    Yeah the FullMotionBlur setting goes crazy, I think thats because every object has a blur setting of 1, including statics.

So I would use Check Replacement and go through every actor, leaving out only non static actors and set the blur to 0.

Also the Translation Threshold seems to do sweet ****** all Ive tried setting it really low, really high but still alas there seems to only be blurring when the camera is rotating.
    Hmm, looking at the commented lines, the Thresholds are pretty much pointless and useless. It seems that the only way to do this would be to write a whole new motion blur effect, which might actually not be that hard, since plenty of mods in UT2004 did.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah the FullMotionBlur setting goes crazy, I think thats because every object has a blur setting of 1, including statics.

So I would use Check Replacement and go through every actor, leaving out only non static actors and set the blur to 0.

Also the Translation Threshold seems to do sweet ****** all Ive tried setting it really low, really high but still alas there seems to only be blurring when the camera is rotating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was looking at this:
    http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s...lureffect.html
    It seems that tweaking the CameraTranslationThreshold and setting FullMotionBlur to false would be a step toward what I would like to achieve.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's possible to apply motion blur per-object - I'm pretty sure I've seen the code for it. I'd imagine it to be quite a performance hit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Each object does have a blur setting but this motion blur seems to only work when the camera is rotating, it doesnt even seem to work when someone keeps the camera straight and runs. Perhaps its some kind of optimization or I just havent got the settings right.

You would probably be a fair way away to be able to see the full nuke explosion, upclose you wouldnt want to be a player because you wont last too long. Honestly I thinks like that are best saved for cinematics as you have more control over the camera angles to point people to where the interesting stuff is happening.
    When you say that each object has a blur setting, do you mean static objects, or does it also apply to things that would normally be moving, such as people and vehicles? This could be an excuse for me to get back into Unreal Script. The problem is, would this require a function to check for actors on screen every tick (which could be a performance hit) instead of player rotation?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Each object does have a blur setting but this motion blur seems to only work when the camera is rotating, it doesnt even seem to work when someone keeps the camera straight and runs. Perhaps its some kind of optimization or I just havent got the settings right.

You would probably be a fair way away to be able to see the full nuke explosion, upclose you wouldnt want to be a player because you wont last too long. Honestly I thinks like that are best saved for cinematics as you have more control over the camera angles to point people to where the interesting stuff is happening.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah it would be really kewl to add per object motion blur to only the moving objects, dunno if its possible or not though.
    There is a post-process material, perhaps there is a way to create a blur material apply it to the HUD using moving objects to generate a mask (RenderToTexture?). Or just a script to apply it to individual objects. This may seem random, but all of a sudden, I'm dying to see a Hiroshima-sized Nuke in a colossal and destructible UT3 level.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah it would be really kewl to add per object motion blur to only the moving objects, dunno if its possible or not though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The next project should be to add motion blur to moving objects and car tires. Motion blur and DOF are 2 of the hugest realism-graphics improvements to a game. The underwater view could be much better with a further DOF and a distortion material that pans across the HUD to give it the 'wavy' effect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X