X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MotionBlurPC

Name: MotionBlurPC
    Version: v0.1
    Compatibility: Well I tested and compiled with v1.2b1 but it should work with any version.

Description: Adds motion blur to the PC version of UT3 just like the PS3 version has.

Screenshot:
    [screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/Newtator/MotionBlur-SS37.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/Newtator/MotionBlur-SS35.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: MonsOlympus, ambershee (for the guidance ) and Epic Games.

Homepage: www.uc2004.com
    Download:MotionBlurPC v0.1

Yay! Sad that we need a mutator to have motion blur on the PC... Something Epic clearly should have put in the graphics menu to turn on and off for ourselves.

Thanks Mons!

Comment

I've tested it and it works fine! Even with other mutators such as color control. Well done! I noticed maybe a 4-5fps drop when spinning in circles, but when the hell does anyone do that? You won't notice much if anything at all. I still don't understand why epic didn't include this. The blur isn't a huge deal either, it's nice and noticeable, but it would not hurt gameplay a bit... not even on instagib.

Comment

Yeah let me know if you have any problems guys, if it doesnt work first thing I think you should check is in the UTEngine.ini in your my documents\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

Code:
        [SystemSettings]
        MotionBlur=True

Comment

Oh wow ... this is huge!! Thanks man ... now I probably won't play on the PS3 at all since that was the one thing it had that the PC version was missing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
            Oh wow ... this is huge!! Thanks man ... now I probably won't play on the PS3 at all since that was the one thing it had that the PC version was missing imo.
            It probably isn't nearly as dramatic as the PS3's though. Even with vsync on this mutator doesn't make it very blurry. I suppose if there were an option for it I'd rather it be turned up a notch but not a whole lot. Just enough to get a better feel.

Comment

I can turn it up but I decided to just go with what seems to be the default values for it, I did consider adding options and a UI, all the fuzz etc but I wasnt sure it would be that useful.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                I can turn it up but I decided to just go with what seems to be the default values for it, I did consider adding options and a UI, all the fuzz etc but I wasnt sure it would be that useful.
                Well, I have a 2ms response monitor and I can barely notice it. It's nice and subtle but like yeah if someone turned it up much more it probably would be unpleasant to deal with.

Comment

It has a very notable framerate smoothing effect-- I was running at 60 FPS constant... but it didn't seem smooth enough. I guess I'm getting used to motion blur =P

Comment

I noticed it right off ... I think it is perfect and matches the PS3 motion blur very well. It is very noticeable to me but you know how that is. I really like it as is and actually considering how fast the PC version of is and how quickly you need to turn and lock onto an opponent I think I can see why Epic had second thoughts about including it ... but I just think they should have made it a UI Graphics option ... it is in the ini file. I don't think many competitive gamers will use this just because of how fast the PC version is already but I could be wrong. Casual gamers like me will definitely be using it though and having fun. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking it would be more useful for modders like if they want to just slap it on to see how their mod will look and play with it on.

Here's the source for all interested, it might not be pretty but it works

Code:
                      //===================================================
                      //	Class: UTMutator_MotionBlurPC
                      //	Creation date: 13/02/2008 21:13
                      //	Contributors: OlympusMons(/d!b\)
                      //===================================================
                      class UTMutator_MotionBlurPC extends UTMutator;

function PostBeginPlay()
                      {
                      	SetTimer(1.0, false, 'EffectTimer');
                      }

function EffectTimer()
                      {
                      	local UTPlayerController	PC;
                      	local LocalPlayer			LocPlayer;
                      	local PostProcessEffect		MB;

ForEach LocalPlayerControllers(class'UTPlayerController', PC)
                      	{
                      		LocPlayer=LocalPlayer(PC.Player);
                      		if(LocPlayer!=None)
                      		{
                      			MB = LocPlayer.PlayerPostProcess.FindPostProcessEffect('MotionBlur');
                      			if(MB!=None)
                      			{
                      				MB.bShowInGame = true;
                      			}
                      		}
                      	}
                      }

Comment

There it is, nice and subtle.

I was concerned it'd be something like this: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6...p578931as6.png

Comment

hehehe, thats doable as well! You want me to get on it?

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                            hehehe, thats doable as well! You want me to get on it?
                            Might be nice just for kicks. Drunken Tournament!

Comment

Excellent work. It does get a little distracting if I turn very quickly but other than that, it's a very nice subtle effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X