Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Revelation(newshots update 16.2 first page)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    looks nice !

    are you going to change little color of wall and floor ?
    right now in screenshot both color is Simmilar so
    I think Wall and floor color is little different is better ?
    maybe add more green in floor tile ?

    Comment


      #32
      The architecture is awesome, I just hope you'll work more on the lighting.

      Comment


        #33
        I think you should darken the orange sky instead of using a blue one. That would allow you to have on overly darker feel to the map, and put in some volumetric lighting and some decent shadows in. Architectural shapes like that are perfect for having a strong, dominating directional light source amongst the usual lighting.

        I'd also do some touching up in that regard with the post processing. Use some minor desaturation to make the overall feel of the map more continuous, and use tone control to match your shadows / highlight tones to the sky

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Setheran View Post
          The architecture looks great, but the lighting and sky seem incredibly plain. A map like this could be very atmospheric with some more interesting lighting/shadows and careful use of colour, as well as more noticeable post processing.
          Thanks for your comments, I'll see what can I do.
          (I'm really tired of adjustments-point light-directional-spot-sky)
          -miss the good old sun actor from ut2004

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
            are you going to change little color of wall and floor ?
            right now in screenshot both color is Simmilar so
            I think Wall and floor color is little different is better ?
            maybe add more green in floor tile ?
            Dear Buffy, my goal was to create something very old abandoned grey -white and decayed, I process al textures in PShop to match it
            (I really like it this way)
            And I know you like it at the end.
            (of course i would like from you to take the highres shots,
            like you did in ons-alien-cause you really have an eye to catch the pic)
            of course when it's finished.

            Comment


              #36
              Still looking beautiful, but I think the orange-sky gave it a more noble, sun-set appearance. Also, a littttle post-processing and blur just makes things in the distance look a bit better... never killed anyone =)

              But the new blue sky might look better from the courtyard. I trust your judgement, with how beautiful this is

              Comment


                #37
                Looks awesome and I can't wait to play it.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Looks great!!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I thought the orange sky looked better, but hey the map still looks great with the blue sky.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Harmatia View Post
                      Still looking beautiful, but I think the orange-sky gave it a more noble, sun-set appearance. Also, a littttle post-processing and blur just makes things in the distance look a bit better... never killed anyone =)

                      But the new blue sky might look better from the courtyard. I trust your judgement, with how beautiful this is
                      Thanks , the problem was that my sky light was set to 1 somehow,
                      (when I was experimenting with changing sky colour setup).

                      Now is set to 0.3 and it really looks cool with deeper shadows.
                      Abbey tower is dominating from cloister courtyard -that is what I needed.
                      It is something I could not achieve with orange sky
                      I'll update pics these days so be sure to check it.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        This is looking really nice

                        Comment


                          #42
                          lighting wise I would personally add some torches and turn down the ambient light as the day is overcast... the torches would also add some color which will add to the mood I think. Perhaps maybe some more vegetaion, rubble, and signs of life since left the place. Like broken barrels and crates, spiderwebs, stagnent puddles, etc.

                          The map looks awesome I can't hardly wait to play it so it hurts to possibly delay it a bit with suggestions but well it'll look all the better when done. Waiting.........waiting..........(does this grin look forced)waiting.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by [GU]Elmur_fud View Post
                            lighting wise I would personally add some torches and turn down the ambient light as the day is overcast... the torches would also add some color which will add to the mood I think. Perhaps maybe some more vegetaion, rubble, and signs of life since left the place. Like broken barrels and crates, spiderwebs, stagnent puddles, etc.

                            The map looks awesome I can't hardly wait to play it so it hurts to possibly delay it a bit with suggestions but well it'll look all the better when done. Waiting.........waiting..........(does this grin look forced)waiting.

                            Everything is allready inside the map except puddles, but there is a litlle stream river(hope you don't mind that)-check tomorow shots

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I don't mind, as long as you don't mind if I muddy and bloddy it.

                              Any skeletons amoungst the rubble, or bones perchance?

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Awesome,blue sky looks best seems to go better with the texture.Lighting seems fine too.I agree with no blur.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X