Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Crystalline [Beta] [Screenshots] [PC & PS3 Download]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DM-Crystalline [Beta] [Screenshots] [PC & PS3 Download]

    Hi guys, This is my first map ever and first time using the editor. Have only just started playing UT3 so im not too familiar with the layout of maps. There are still a few small issues here and there need to add a few more blocking volumes etc, still learning about bots so they are not the smartest, and the lighting needs work here and there.

    Any feedback is appreciated, be gentle its my first map

    Screenshots:
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2927/screen1hk0.png
    http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5391/screen2ym9.png
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9576/screen4lu5.png

    PC Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/90600134...lline.rar.html

    PS3 Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/90600135...nePS3.rar.html

    #2
    sweet I'll give this a go now PS3 BTW

    Comment


      #3
      that map is a lot of fun =)

      Comment


        #4
        StarCraft?

        Comment


          #5
          I have a quick question here about the PS3 version. I usually have to wait to get these maps from ut3mod.com since I don't have a PC, but I really wanted a few maps NOW, and downloaded a few to my friends PC so I could play them. The maps that come in a zipped package are self explanitory. The PS3's USERDATA.JAM is right in the file directory to be pulled out and put on my memory stick. But these maps that come in a ".rar file are not the same. It's like a single program file that my friends PC (with Vista) just says "can not open this file" for some reason like the PC does not know with which program to open the file. What am I supposed to do with these .rar files to get to the PS3's USERDATA,JAM? There are a couple maps here including this one and Wizard that I don't want to wait for the PS3 site to get, but I can't figure out how to use any of the ones in the .rar format. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not a PC guy by any means.

          Comment


            #6
            i have a problem, there are next to no static meshes, and materials,etc., in my copy of unreal tournament editor, and i can't find them anywhere!!!!! could some one help me by sending me the content, or telling me where the stuff is! everyone else has all the content and i can't find any of the things that everybody has in their levels

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by eldraco View Post
              i have a problem, there are next to no static meshes, and materials,etc., in my copy of unreal tournament editor, and i can't find them anywhere!!!!! could some one help me by sending me the content, or telling me where the stuff is! everyone else has all the content and i can't find any of the things that everybody has in their levels
              When in the generic browser click

              file -) open -) c:/program files/unreal tournament 3/utgame/cooked pc/envioments

              and all the stuff is saved in those packages

              Comment


                #8
                Search Google for Winrar.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm getting performance hits on the PS3 version, even without bots / multiplayers. I happens around the centre lava pool (with the platform to the body armour, lava looks sick, BTW), and in the glass balls (which reminded me of the movie "The Fontain" - very cool). This won't run nice with players in them, for sure. Maps looks sick, for the rest except for the fact that I don't like the way the sky is bended around you (like its projected on a sphere around you).

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Erp View Post
                    I'm getting performance hits on the PS3 version, even without bots / multiplayers. I happens around the centre lava pool (with the platform to the body armour, lava looks sick, BTW), and in the glass balls (which reminded me of the movie "The Fontain" - very cool). This won't run nice with players in them, for sure. Maps looks sick, for the rest except for the fact that I don't like the way the sky is bended around you (like its projected on a sphere around you).
                    I did notice when testing the PS3 version it was a bit laggy, if i get a chance today i'll try to remove some of the steam effects and see if it makes any difference. Possibly the lava material panning on all the blobs may be causing performance issues also. Will have a play around today and see what i come up with

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                      I have a quick question here about the PS3 version. I usually have to wait to get these maps from ut3mod.com since I don't have a PC, but I really wanted a few maps NOW, and downloaded a few to my friends PC so I could play them. The maps that come in a zipped package are self explanitory. The PS3's USERDATA.JAM is right in the file directory to be pulled out and put on my memory stick. But these maps that come in a ".rar file are not the same. It's like a single program file that my friends PC (with Vista) just says "can not open this file" for some reason like the PC does not know with which program to open the file. What am I supposed to do with these .rar files to get to the PS3's USERDATA,JAM? There are a couple maps here including this one and Wizard that I don't want to wait for the PS3 site to get, but I can't figure out how to use any of the ones in the .rar format. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not a PC guy by any means.
                      As Mahblack said, google winrar, once installed left click on the rar file you want to extract and select extract here. you should get a folder called DM-CrystallinePS3 (for my map of course ) open that and drag the folder "PS3" onto a usb drive, put the usb drive in you PS3 in the UT3 menu go to Community>My Content and hit square to import. Hope that helps

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Enavw103 View Post
                        I did notice when testing the PS3 version it was a bit laggy, if i get a chance today i'll try to remove some of the steam effects and see if it makes any difference. Possibly the lava material panning on all the blobs may be causing performance issues also. Will have a play around today and see what i come up with
                        I was thinking the same. In the crystal balls, the lag can be caused due to the amount of grass in combination with the glass effect on the environment. Just a hint. This map looks very nice and it could be great fun for to play online.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Very interesting look

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thanks alot. I didn't realize it was a compression format. I have it on my mem stick now. As soon as I get home I'll be trying it out.

                            Edit: The map is awesome. Good layout. There is some lag on PS3. But it's not very much at all. There are some maps that lags alot worse. Also the lag doesn't seem to increase at all with 7 bots, over my first exploration with none. It's totally playable as is. If you take steam vents out, if that's what's causing the lag, it wouldn't have to be many. Great map. Thanks.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              thanks marilol, with the content i made a pretty decent level with some nice buildings, im gonna post it on ut3mod.com soon

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X