Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Aliens" Colonial Marine Weaponry (Smartgun and Pulse Rifle Editor Screens, NO DL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Aliens" Colonial Marine Weaponry (Smartgun and Pulse Rifle Editor Screens, NO DL)

I have been working on these weapons as low-poly models. I haven't gotten an okay to release them yet, since I just sent the e-mail to Fox today... Doubt they will care, as I've seen a billion different Aliens mods for just about every game ever released, but I thought I'd send them a heads-up at any rate...

The models still need UV Texture maps, and the Smartgun model is closest to being done.

I may port it over from Blender to ZBrush and sculpt a few extra details, but I may not have to if the Normal Maps look alright.

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/Smartgun001.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/Smartgun002.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/Smartgun003.jpg[/shot]

One of the images I used as a reference from an Aliens fansite:

Early Shots of M41 Pulse Rifle:

[shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/PulseRifle001.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q117/hottingoth/PulseRifle002.jpg[/shot]

WOOW! thats incredible Shade, cant wait!

Comment

Wow. This looks awesome! What are the chances we'll get to see a Weapon Replacement Mutator of it for the PS3?

Comment

Love to see some of the other weapons, such as their rifle.

Good work~!

Comment

Okay, added some Pulse Rifle shots :P

Comment

WOW!!!!

Comment

Amazing stuff Shade. Can't wait to see a beta for these. I trust your going to be creating new emitters and the whole shebang for these guns?

Comment

Very nice Shade~! Can't wait to see some Liandri and Necris scum flattened my those weapons~!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                  Amazing stuff Shade. Can't wait to see a beta for these. I trust your going to be creating new emitters and the whole shebang for these guns?
                  Well, of course lol... don't think it would look very cool to have my smartgun launching link gun plasma... :P

Thanks for the comments guys, I will definitely start working on the UV maps for these two soon.

I think I'm going to do the Flamethrower after these are done. Cuz we all like fire...

Can't seen to recall any other weapons other than the one guy's shotgun (Hicks? I don't remember, but I own the movie)...

Also, I plan on making the Dropship and APC as well.... More vehicles = fun...

One thing I may do is add a way to call down one of the big *** ships (like the Sulaco) in for a massive airstrike, but that may be going too far and I don't know how feasible it will be, as I have never actually seen the Sulaco shoot those huge *** guns on it.... on top of that, it would be a massive project in and of itself...

I'm sticking with the little stuff for now.

First models and textures, then I gotta figure out the coding.... Oy... LOL

Comment

awesome stuff.. looks like some classic unreal lighting issues are occuring on flat surfaces though, specifically on the side of the assault rifle.

Would be really cool to have a map that recreates the drop zone setting when they first get to the colony in 'Aliens' to accompany your weapons and vehicles.. of course, that's a lot of work. One can always dream.. sometimes dreams turn into reality when it comes to modding though.

Comment

Cool....thats gonna be fun to have as a mod for the game. I can't wait to download it once you get it done.

Comment

Nice work shademistress, Cant believe the rate at which you pump things out, your like a little unreal factory lol

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
                          ...(Hicks? I don't remember, but I own the movie)...
                          yea, Hicks was a legend... that was a good movie .

back on topic, rekon you'll remake the skins for em all to make a complete Alien pack?

Comment

Yeah, I may go ahead and make some prop static meshes as well...

Comment

Static meshes are always cool. Adds some scenery to it. Just don't overdue things and start frustrating yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X