Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-pbg-Pendulum PhysX Beta55

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-pbg-Pendulum PhysX Beta55

This map is a super-simple CTF map I used to learn the new Ageia PhysX actors.

I got the idea shamelessly from the Ageia PhysX demo: as I viewed it, I immediately realized it would make a classic CTF map.

This level has player spawn positions reversed - that is: red spawns on the blue side, blue on the red side. It's a little confusing at first, but it adds to the frentic gameplay of this map.

The pendulum will do damage to you get hit hard enough by it - remember, those things are heavy - they weigh a ton. When they are barely moving you can use them to bump players off into the slime pools too. Even more fun is trapping players between the pendulum and smashing them...Or standing on top and riding them.

This map is a Beta release. Enjoy!

Edit: I should add that Several people have tested and verified that you can play this map ok without Ageia PhysX cards.

http://team.poweredbygas.net/index.php?topic=5.0

[shot]http://team.poweredbygas.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5.0;attach=19[/shot]

www.poweredbygas.net
    Team PBG

[pbg]rRuuben

PhysX maps are cool and all, but they slow my computer down waaay too much to even consider trying it. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ClockworkJB View Post
      PhysX maps are cool and all, but they slow my computer down waaay too much to even consider trying it. Sorry.
      Have you tried this map? The map testers who tried this map did not have a PhysX card, and they reported that it ran fine.

Comment

LOL enjoyed the way it looks strange that you overlooked the the team spawning at the wrong flag.even played fast on my Niv 7800GT.How did you do ut without a UPK file though.

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect_Dark View Post
          LOL enjoyed the way it looks strange that you overlooked the the team spawning at the wrong flag.even played fast on my Niv 7800GT.How did you do ut without a UPK file though.
          I simply embedded the materials and actors into the map

The reversed team spawns are intentional BTW - see the readme

Comment

I love the theme, but I don't think it works as the single aspect of a map. I'm not a big fan of CTF, though.

Comment

this is really really good and fun Idea for Mappers

I dont have "Ageia PhysX card" but I did play yay !
              I really wish many more fun Phsx map like this coming
              if UT3 have Assault game type then can make really fun Trail map too

Comment

Nice map...
                Feedback: Make some jumppads so you can get out of the toxid water

Comment

Nice, but only 2 players have buy the Ageia PhysX card

Comment

Originally posted by Sbouby View Post
                    Nice, but only 2 players have buy the Ageia PhysX card
                    Good news for you then Sbouby, you can play this PhysX map without a PhysX card!

Having spend a few quick hours making this map, I am really excited as a mapper to see all the tools PhysX makes available to you. I would guess that you will see PhysX cards take off now that the modkit has hit the community. Buying a card for two maps was not worth it, but once mappers start using these new tools/actors, you're going to see a lot of cool content. In the meantime though, this is a pretty lightweight physics map - No card needed to play it, and it plays well - no lag!

Comment

Played fine with my agp 7600gt.I do have a physx though.

Comment

Possible for PS3??

Comment

Now that nVidia is buying Ageia, maybe we'll finally see some of that GPU powered physics acceleration we've been waiting on, and lack of PhysX cards won't be such a limiter on stuff like this.

Comment

Hmmm, I just had a thought, both AMD and Nvidia are doing multiGPU videocards, does that mean that Nvidia could do a card with a GPU and a PPU on it?

Comment

Very cool idea, i would love to see more maps like this

Comment

Working...
                              X