Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: REQUEST: Blood Trails Mutator & More!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is amazing. Would you consideer making the final version PS3 compatable?

Comment

Hell yes.

Comment

Originally posted by whitfield View Post
        Hell yes.
        Thanks man Lokking forward to playing with this.

Comment

I'm having problems getting this to work. I put it in the same directory as all my other mutators but it is not showing up in the mutator list. Where exactly does this go?

Comment

C:\Users\mike whitfield\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script

Heh, I guess I tried to make it easy by putting it in all the folders... Let me reupload something a little later... in class now.

Comment

Oh ... its just that I have never put a mutator in the unpublished directory so I didn't even think about that being correct. All my mutators are in the c:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTgame\CookedPC directory. Thanks. Also in its present form the mutator does not work on the PS3. It loads and everything it just does not work. Mutators are pretty iffy. There are probably 100 mutators for UT3 out already but only a third work on the PS3 ... if that.

Edit: Nope that did not work either ... for whatever reason I cannot get this to work. Oh well maybe when it is a final I will try it again. It does look cool.

Comment

Yea. This is my first mod so I really don't know what's involved in porting it to PS3. Anyways, you may actually want to put that in the equivalent published directory. That way you aren't having to use the -useunpublished flag on your shortcut although you made it sound like it worked out for you.

Comment

No it does not work no matter what I do ... first mutator I have had any installation issues with. Like I said I will wait for the final and hope it is working like other standard mutators by that time.

On the PS3 side don't worry about it .. everyone is new to it and noone understands why some mutators work and some don't ... since there are no ini files and the UI structure is way different. Epic not only has bugs to fix but also more documentation to prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by whitfield View Post
                    Health degeneration and speed degeneration would be really cool now that I think about it.
                    There was a nifty little mut in UT2004 called BloodLoss that did just that. Would it be possible to either include it in Blood Trails or (re)make it as a stand-alone mut? It's pretty basic stuff, but lots of fun and changes gameplay completely. Seeing a wounded enemy bleed to death seconds after he killed you is just priceless.

Description

When their health drops below 75 players start to bleed. Bleeders steadily lose health, leave blood trails and experience slowdown until they either heal themselves back to 75 HP or more, or die of bloodloss. In the latter case they lose a point. You need to heal yourself back to 100 HP or higher to fully reverse slowdown effects.

Different races bleed in different colors. You can configurate the HP when the bloodloss effects start, deactivate the slowdown effects, "bleed in teamcolors" and set the rate of bloodloss.

UT2004 version @ filefront.

Comment

Originally posted by 4TX4 View Post
                      There was a nifty little mut in UT2004 called BloodLoss that did just that. Would it be possible to either include it in Blood Trails or (re)make it as a stand-alone mut? It's pretty basic stuff, but lots of fun and changes gameplay completely. Seeing a wounded enemy bleed to death seconds after he killed you is just priceless.

Description

When their health drops below 75 players start to bleed. Bleeders steadily lose health, leave blood trails and experience slowdown until they either heal themselves back to 75 HP or more, or die of bloodloss. In the latter case they lose a point. You need to heal yourself back to 100 HP or higher to fully reverse slowdown effects.

Different races bleed in different colors. You can configurate the HP when the bloodloss effects start, deactivate the slowdown effects, "bleed in teamcolors" and set the rate of bloodloss.

UT2004 version @ filefront.
                      Thanks for the link to that mutator .. I have been looking for that one for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                        Thanks for the link to that mutator .. I have been looking for that one for a long time.
                        You're quite welcome! I hope it gets remade for UT3, I'm really starting to miss the bleeding.

Comment

This sounds a similar to the bleeding mutator I wrote for UT, where a player would bleed based on the damage dealt, so small damage would lead to short bursts of blood while large damage amounts would have the player bleed permanently until healed.

Comment

Thank you very much! I've been busy at work for the last week and haven't been on the forum and then I come back and WOW, something I was wishing for was made!!! Tickles me silly!

Comment

Hello all,

I have version 2 finished. The only problem is that the thing isn't networked properly. In order to test, I was told I need to start two instances of UT3; one for the dedicated server and one for testing. That's all fine and dandy, but every time I try to start the dedicated server, my whole computer crashes, so I don't think it's something I want to mess with much any more.

If anyone like to help me test, please PM me. In the mean time, I *think* I coded this right (so it will be networked), so I am gonna go ahead and update the main thread post and the files on my website.

Thanks for your continued patience,
                              mike whitfield

Comment

THis mutator doesn't show up in my list.

Comment

Working...
                                X