Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Castle_05 - A Vehicle Deathmatch [Updated] [Pics] [Download PC & PS3]

Updated:http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=606065

First I'd like to thank everyone who downloaded, played, and gave me feedback on DM-Castle_02. I tried to incorporate your suggestions. The following improvements have been made:

-Static Shadows Added
    -I Disabled ForceDynamicLight, so I hope this fixes the 'black laser' problem on the PS3, let me know...
    -New Bigger Castle
    -More Textures and Obstacles on Terrrain
    -More Weapons, Ammo & Powerups
    -Larger Playing Field

-Note: I considered the underground tunnels, but what fun is a vehicle deathmatch without pedestrians?

PC Version:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Castle.../fileinfo.html

PS3 Version:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Castle.../fileinfo.html

Note: the PS3 file was originally named 'PS3.zip', I don't think it should cause any problems once you unzip it, but if it does, try renaming the file to 'PS3.zip' before unzipping.

Please post any comments or suggestions here. I want to add some finishing touches and make a final release. Also, could a PS3 user send in a screenshot? Is that even possible, I don't know...

testing it for ps3.

UPDATE: It works! Cool map with al the vehicles and turrets, hope there will be more texture updates

UPDATE 2: Some of the vehicles are shooting black lazers.. dunno why.

Comment

Umm..i still see the black lasers.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback...

Originally posted by hydrophillic View Post
        Umm..i still see the black lasers.
        I assume you're using the PS3?

Has anyone tried any other PS3 maps made by forum members? Do they all have this problem?

Screenshots? Is it possible to take screenshots on PS3?

Originally posted by BananaXtreme View Post
        ...hope there will be more texture updates...
        I'm adding some finishing touches to the castle...I know, the terrain doesn't really look great, any suggestions?

Comment

This looks like it's going to be a fabulous map. I hope Herby gets this on his site soon so I can give you some constructive feedback. (hint hint herby) The black laser thing is just a problem the PS3 has for some reason with user created content. Hopefully they (Epic) fix this along with some other things in the PS3 tools in it's next update. Just like user content, that's what betas are for, right? And the PS3 tools are still just a beta version, right? I honestly don't think this is an issue any modder will be able to fix without Epic's intervention. Anyway, I hope to be playing this map soon, and if it goes up on ut3mod.com fairly soon, I'll give you all the feedback I can. Either way, thanks.

Comment

the black lasers seem to be an issue in all custom maps, they need to either fix the conversion engine or patch the ps3 version to fix this bug. You see it come up for a lot of maps, I personally dont believe it would be anything you've done. This looks great, wish i was into VDM lol

Comment

I think the concept is great but I think it still has a ways to go to become really good. Textures and lighting need a lot more work imo. And I think the layout needs more to it in general. Seems a bit plain. But keep up the good work.

Comment

Maybe add in the occasional bumpy terrain, cos it really is good fun to launch urself off one with the Scorpion (and if lucky) squish someone.

Comment

yes, the black lasers are still there, so it would be better to have dynamic lighting.

Comment

I DLd the first version of this map (PS3) and despite the fact that it was very raw, I liked the concept and saw a lot of potential. With this release you have made the map A LOT better but there is still a lot of work to be done. I think the way you made the desert in this version is spot on and can be left as is (I love the patches of green, nice contrast to the brown). I think the foliage can be improved upon because right now it looks really "plastic". The textures in the castle could use some polish but otherwise I think it's great. My advice is just to keep working on it and asking for feedback until you have reached a point where your good map and truly be considered a GREAT map! Thanks for this map and I look forward to the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                      This looks like it's going to be a fabulous map. I hope Herby gets this on his site soon so I can give you some constructive feedback. (hint hint herby) ....I hope to be playing this map soon, and if it goes up on ut3mod.com fairly soon, I'll give you all the feedback I can....
                      I went to ut3mod.com and emailed them. Is there a process for submitting your level, or are you just 'chosen if deemed worthy'?

Originally posted by NyghtcrawleR View Post
                      I think the concept is great but I think it still has a ways to go to become really good. Textures and lighting need a lot more work imo. And I think the layout needs more to it in general. Seems a bit plain. But keep up the good work.
                      I want to revisit all the textures now, any specific suggestions on how to improve the appearance would be great. On the other hand, I wanted to keep the layout pretty open. A lot of the vehicle maps are beautiful to look at, but there's no room to just drive, you know?

Finally, it seems that the secret shame of the PS3 community is that they are unable to take screenshots... poor PS3ers.

Comment

I wanted to keep the layout pretty open
                        I agree. I like the whole "king of the castle" idea with the castle in the middle and lots of open land surrounding it.

Finally, it seems that the secret shame of the PS3 community is that they are unable to take screenshots... poor PS3ers.
                        Not really sure what your getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
                          Not really sure what your getting at.
                          I've been asking for a PS3 screenshot for a while now. No one is responding. I still don't know if it's possible, I was just trying to incite a reaction... it worked.

Comment

It's a good map, perhaps a little big but then it does have quite a few vehicles. My computer seems to not like something on the map, seems to be around the vehicle destruction, can make the game jutter for a second...

Comment

PS3 screens are possible but only if you have a video recorder hooked to it like Dazzle and I doubt most people do.

Comment

Working...
                              X