Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Satellite Orb v1 [PC][Pics][Beta] Remember Forgotten Worlds? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satellite Orb v1 [PC][Pics][Beta] Remember Forgotten Worlds? :)

Remember Forgotten Worlds? Gradius? R-Type? These games featured a cool companion orbital satellite that would fire extra bullets. I wanted to bring that kind of powerup to Unreal.

[shot]http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/c/CaptainSnarf/125006/srondonvtu.thumb500.jpg[/shot][shot]http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/c/CaptainSnarf/125006/reoicyrzum.thumb500.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://static1.filefront.com/images/personal/c/CaptainSnarf/125006/plykcbdeeg.thumb500.jpg[/shot]

There are four mutators included. One changes all the powerups like UDamage, berserk, SuperHealth, etc into Satellite Orbs. The other three mutators give each player a different satellite orb color.

Red Satellite Orb - shoots darkwalker gunner bolts
    Blue Satellite Orb - shoots stinger shards
    Green Satellite Orb - shoots link plasma

Download here: http://hosted.filefront.com/CaptainSnarf

Enjoy!

p.s. I tried cooking for PS3, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure why. Hopefully I can figure it out soon.

Looks very cool indeed. I will test this out once I get the time

Comment

This could be fun. i have a feeling the game is going to get spamy really quick with all these orbs flying around.

Comment

Looks cool. Any chance of a PS3 version? Thanks in advance.

Comment

wow so beautifull !

fun to shoot weapon now !
          thank you

Comment

Very cool mut, lots of fun no matter the player count or map. One gripe I have though is the fact that it only shoots when you fire your weapon, which leads to some weapons, such as the RL being useless, while the stinger and LG are insanely overpowered. What would be better is if the orb automatically fired on the nearest enemy at a set rate.
            Also, the kill messages are the same as the ones from the weapons they originated from, leading to confusion.
            Lastly, a mutator which gives each player a random orb when they spawn, instead of a set colour, would be nice.

Comment

HOOOOOLY ****!

I LOVE Gradius! By Golly!

Hope to see this on the PS3, but for now. PC!

Comment

This would go so well with the RPG Mod......

Comment

Very funny ! I've testet this in combination with StealthArena and 15 Bots on BathroomIII and, of course, on FlatWars !

Comment

This mod looks awesome. I'm interested in a PS3 cook myself. What are the chances?

Comment

Originally posted by NightEye View Post
                      This would go so well with the RPG Mod......
                      I agree with that. It's like having a familiar or a summoned minion.

Comment

Sorry for the major bump. But I think I have an Idea on a PS3 version of this mod.

You know how when you pick up an orb on Warfare? Well, how about modifying that script to where it shoots different types of weapons? Also, Is it possible to edit the colors of the orbs? If so, then it might be more possible to make this into a PS3 port version.

Hope this isnt bothering anyone, im just tossing out ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagis View Post
                          Sorry for the major bump. But I think I have an Idea on a PS3 version of this mod.

You know how when you pick up an orb on Warfare? Well, how about modifying that script to where it shoots different types of weapons? Also, Is it possible to edit the colors of the orbs? If so, then it might be more possible to make this into a PS3 port version.

Hope this isnt bothering anyone, im just tossing out ideas.
                          Hmm. The Orbs are actually the 'death ball' from the Scavenger vehicle. The one thing that *is* custom is the green orb. The red and blue ones are built in. To make green, you can't just change the color=(R=0,G=255,B=0). That doesn't work. Instead you have to make a new particle system. Maybe those don't cook correctly. Who knows. I haven't worked on it much. I've been busy with the vehicle replacement mutator and the vehicle mods.

I like the idea of a powered up Orb for Warfare. I'll look into it.

Comment

Captain, I sent you a link to the PS3 i cooked, partially works....

Comment

partially?

Comment

Working...
                              X