DM-Sharlow Street [Beta][Pics][Download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Sharlow Street [Beta][Pics][Download]

Hey, this is my 1st DM map that I make available.

THIS MAP IS NOW FINAL!!! For the final download, please go to:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=604990

1.Name: Sharlow Street.
    2.Version: Beta v2.6.
    3.Compatibility: UT3 (PC)
    4.Description: A DM map of two buidlings that has a street (Sharlow Street) between them. There are 6 areas in the map: the main street, the two buildings -ground floor, the two buildings -top floors, the service areas, and the old sewages areas. The more players, the more difficult it gets to get to a gun in time, sometimes.
    5.Comments: a map for 2-18 players.
    6.Special features: watch for the Redeemer hanging between the two buildings. Interesting stragegy on the top floors where you can use the jumppads to get behind your enemy.
    7.Screenshots:
    [shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/nthxtdwsgz.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/lsjpnfzcmn.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/jlbwgofeow.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/rfcktozgkp.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/rsvygvvtbr.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/kyjhzwgukd.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/yytuydvbnb.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/t/Th3Duk3/125879/kpuaizmopy.jpg[/shot]

9.Download: (PC)

This is a realy fun map. I hope you enjoy it! Any comments are welcome. PLease let me know if you find any bugs.

Beta v2.6 Changes:
    - Improved the bot paths even more
    - Improved the car meshes to look more damaged
    - Improved overall lighting of the map
    - Improved the deco in the service and specially the sewer tunnels (look for the garbage in the sewage water)
    - Made the manhole bigger for easier faster entry (remember to look where you're going)

Beta v2.0 Changes:
    - Removed some lights in the service tunnels and darkened the overall lighting of the map.
    - Fixed the bug where bots got stuck under the stairs going to the health.
    - Fixed bots wanting to use the wrong elevators.
    - Improved bot movement on the top floors by making it more attractive (moved the shield belt and vest to the top floors and changed the values of the lifts going up. Also swoped player starts so there will always be at least 2 bots starting on the top floors)
    - Added a lot more deco to the service tunnels

-Th3 Duk3

Man looks really cool. I wish I could play this on my PS3 to test it. Just from the screens, I hope you have the cars in proportion to the character models. The design choice is cool, I love city style stages. What I would like to see on a map like this, is possible some see-through windows on a building so you can look inside and maybe shoot through to hit the players inside. That's my suggestion, without having played it. It looks good as it is, and I'm all for it if and when you decide to put this on PS3.

Comment

That rusted steel rebar......nice touch. I don't know if that comes with that material you used there, but if you added that in yourself, I can tell you put some thought into that. Most people would just have the busted through concrete, you knew to put in the reinforcments, that would really be there. What do you do, construction for a living. Nice touch, the whole map looks like the same amount of thought went into it. I don't have the PC version to test your map out, but I know I'd like it. Well done.

Comment

Cool map,plays well.Added to server for response.This is a keeper,thanks for the map.

Comment

WOW...an amazing map just by looking at the pics. Are you by any chance going to cook it for the PS3?

Comment

I love maps like these ... downloading and will provide comments at a later time.

Comment

looks nice can't wait till the final version.

Comment

Very nice level ... and I mean very nice ... probably one of the best multi-room multi-level maps I have played in a while. For such a large map with so many rooms it flows pretty well. I only have the following suggestions:

- Overall the level is pretty bright. While it doesn't need to be dark like Deck I do think that there are many rooms where the lighting could stand to be toned down and some areas that could use some darkness ... more or less the rooms but even outside how about a couple of busted lights and maybe some of the cars could be more damaged to show this place has seen some action. Heck as smooth as this map plays you could add a downed Raptor to it ... which would add some cover as well as visuals that fit.

- I didn't really see the top part getting much action with 7 bots and me playing ... might I suggest a different weapon layout to promote greater usage of the top. Put the RL in one area (along with the shield belt and swap that with the thigh pad armor) and put the flak on the the other side ... now the bots will still hit the low for RL ammo and the super health ... and they will also now make way more use of top area as well ... or maybe just put the RL upstairs and still leave the Flak cannon on the lower level since the redeemer is up top as well.

Other than that this level is solid. I'll definitely be tracking this one every beta that comes out. Thanks for such a fun and well created level.

Comment

Maybe an actual platform or several from the fire escape to break your fall when you jump from the top or more lights side to side in the elevator to make your way down.I jumped several times down to the ground level,died once and had very little health the others.Even jumped on the light in the elevator shaft and then down to the ground,survived barely.
                  Plays excellent on the server.This is really a fun map.GJ

Comment

looks good, ill d\l and give feedback!!
                    EDIT: i played the first beta of the map and it is really fun although it really needs more static meshes etc. but im sure that shall be added as you continue with the map. Good Work

Comment

nice level with a lot of potential. here are things I've seen. i'm sure you were planning to take care of them for the final release but i'll mention them anyways.

biggest problems. bots get stuck here and wait till they die. that's why there are so little bots when you're playing with them;

problem here with the stairs;

a little UT1 style going here. definitely needs some polishing. i'm also not a big fan of the small-long-angled corridor but that's a design issue and it's your call.

need transition here (there are other places like this, you just need to make good transitions and maybe add more detail in the final release)

the back side of the map, the part you can't play in, is dark. basically it's not lighted correctly. I would also do some more work on your lights in general, there were lots of small lamps that gave out way too much light. i feel like increasing birghtness and fallofexponent could solve the problem easily.

Comment

****ING AWESOME! That' what we were waiting for... GREAT MAP, just keep on the good work.

Comment

Just had a quick game on this map, and it was pretty fun. The actual street area looks great (pretty impressive for a first map) with plenty of attention to detail, but this is let down with very flat and overly bright lighting. The indoor areas meanwhile look very unfinished - is this simply because you haven't decorated them yet, or was this all you were planning to do? Because the map can really afford a lot more static meshes and other details in there.

I know from my own experience that interior meshes for this particular theme are hard to find, but some of the HU_Building packages have some decent wall and ceiling meshes that could really bring all those flat corridors to life, while some of the LT packages might have some stuff appropriate for your sewers. It'd really be worth taking the time to bring the interiors up to the same level of detail as your streets.

Finally, you should definitely try some post processing effects with colour adjustments, and also some height fog. The biggest benefit that'll give on this map is to make everything look more cohesive, so that the different meshes match better and don't stick out as much, as well as a sense of distance which is missing right now. I find the best place to start with this is to just copy the settings from a post process volume in one of Epic's maps, then make your own adjustments from there.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback (to many to reply to all, which is nice ). I'll most defenitly look into all off them and let you know of the prgress. Enjoy!

-Th3 Duk3

Comment

good map man well done
                              works good on the server and its fast
                              come play on the unrealhorseman server
                              ip - 8.12.69.133:7777

Comment

Working...
                              X