Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-LoadingBay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-LoadingBay

Updated: New screenshots, and updated file download to current beta 2

1. Name: CTF-Loading Bay
    2. Version: Beta 1
    3. Compatibility: UT3, 1.1 patch
    4. Description: A Warehouse turned into a fighting ground
    5. Comments: This map is small and it's my first. I tried to tie everything together as far as layout and pathing. Any other details, please share.
    6. Screenshots:

7. Credits: Myself, Epic
    8. Homepage: http://www.zarksnipers.com
    9. Download:http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Loadi.../fileinfo.html

Walls are a bit too bland, needs stuff too them.

Comment

Hey Guys,
      I took your advice Mr, and added some stuff to the walls. I added some lights and tried to tighten some things up. The next beta is ready if you guys wanna give me some advice. I would ask if a mapper would take a look at the map and tell me what I did wrong as far as adding the screenshot texture to the load up screen. Thanks for any help!
      Here's the d/l
      http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Loadi.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Bump! Anyone care to take a look at the map and tell me what ya think? I thought with the extra time I took to look at other's maps and try to help, karma would repay the favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
          Walls are a bit too bland, needs stuff too them.
          Ditto.

~Death Dream~

Comment

I'll have a look at the map

Concerning the screenshot, I found Hourences' tutorial on this really handy, followed it by the word mostly - you had a look at it?

Mmmh, Karma...

Comment

Looked good though, as the others said, maybe add some more stuff on the walls, inside the containers etc.

Also I think it would be nice if it was possible to use the stacks of smaller crates to get onto the 3 big ones in the middle room and get the RL, instead of having to go up on the bridge

Comment

Did you guys d/l from the link on my response? I put up all kinds of pipes and air ducts. If you did d/l the update, let me know. I thought it was enough, especially considering the fact that it is a warehouse. Four eyes, you're right, I should put those crates in front of the RL. Very creative. Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Can you upload some new screenshots?

Comment

looks very nice .

i rekon however it needs slightly better lighting to "set the atmosphere", as at the moment it seems kind of bright and ambient.

a suggestion to fix this:

have lights placed directly under your lighting fixtures, and edit their properties until you are happy with them. its always good to have a few dark areas and some shadows, it puts a sinister, empty derilect atmosphere in the arena .

hope this helps, and good luck with your future maps

EDIT: the reason for having the lights directly around any lighting fixtures is to give the illusion that light is in fact being emitted from the fixture itself, giving a more realistic environment

Comment

Thanks alot guys. I updated my original post, Mr. to show the new shots. Green Day, I did put all the lights around the light fixtures, but I suppose my ambient lights are set too high. I'll dim 'em down. I will also move those crates around. Again, thanks guys. If no one critiques, no one knows what they did wrong.

Comment

glad you value my suggestions Saiya-jin .

this is a map with a lot of potential, so good luck continuing it.

i will be looking forward to the full version... the trick is, keep working until you're 100% happy with it, and there is nothing more you can do to improve it

Comment

Working...
                        X