No announcement yet.

WAR-ArticStronghold [Screens][Download][PS3][PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:/ I hope this will work for you. Gave you some room to edit and crop the image as you'd please.

I did what I could do. If you need me to re-work something, let me know.

And yes, it is centered with North being north, South being south.

Comment

Hmm, was kinda hoping it'd be like the ones Epic did, but thanks for the effort.

Comment

OK I'll fix it up.

EDIT: Tell me if this is working for you. I hope...

Comment

Updated... I hope that's more or less what you were after... I think it would look good. :/

Comment

Few suggestions

Would you consider to put in the map a few "traditonal" Axon vehicles? Sure Necris vehicles are fun but it would be nicer to have some wider choice.

But I don't mean strict division like in stock maps (where RED has only Axon vehicles and BLUE only Necris) - both sides should have acces to both types.
            Perhaps every node could be devoted to one vehicle fraction i.e. the central node (in the valley) could be Axon and the lateral ones - Necris.
            And perhaps one extra unlinked "Heavy Tank" node which will spawn DarkWalker? I summoned one via console command, and it looks very nice in this map

PS More trees, please

Comment

paawau- Bret had tried Axon vehicles already- he said it didn't worked . Anyway, in AS final version i will replace music track with old one . UT3 music is sometimes too futuristic

Comment

Like I mentioned, axon vehicles don't work well for this map, I did try it out.

Comment

And thanks DSK, I'll try it out.

Comment

Hrm for some reason when I use that mini-map image, it's just all black, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Did you follow this tutorial (written by Kantham)

"Map preview & Minimap

If you have saved your package the same name as your map, you will get a package build inside your level, from there, if you want to set up your custom minimap image it's the time to. Once you've cooked your level, there should be a generated INI file, open it, and look at the following line:

<Images:WAR-MapName.FileName>

After "Image:", Yourpackage name, then the texture name after the dot.
                      AND REMEMBER TO CREATE A MATERIAL WITH YOUR TEXTURE TO APPLY IT IN THE WORLD SO THE EDITOR KEEP THE FILE.

That is for the screenshot. For the Minimap, It's the same as the INI file, exept there's no INI file. You'll need to go in the World Properties to set it from there. Take a look at a retail Warfare level to see how they did. "

Link - http://kantham.com/tutorials/tut_warfare.html

If you don't create a material with the minimap texture and assign it to a surface/static mesh, then the texture won't remain in your level once you've cooked the map.

I think you're supposed to do it pretty much as described in this tutorial: http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590932

(Adding the Screenshot Texture).

Comment

Yeah, I followed the example of the Epic maps. It's just a texture file, no material at all. It just gets stored in the MiniMap section. You don't need a material to keep it. Like I said, the minimap is just black, and not BLANK, in the game. I guess it needs to be done like epic's texture, or something...

Comment

Hey does anyone have kismet experience? For some reason, the red core explosion won't work.

Comment

I played around with this map using the new replace vehicles mutator, and I think I came up with a pretty fun vehicle balance if you consider an axon version.

All furies (except for the one on the ledge, which will become a raptor) replaced with goliath tanks. Nemesis replaced with an SPMA (sadly, the blocking volumes keep it from exiting the base-- if it were allowed out, I think it would be a lot of fun to use an SPMA on this map... easy to shoot over terrain and use it to attack, particularly to defend/attack prime or center node). I see why you opted not to use axon, as scorpions and hellbenders have a lot of trouble with the terrain-- and going all manta doesn't play as well as going scavenger/viper. Definitely still prefer necris version, but just providing some input on a possible axon version.

Comment

The only thing about putting a goliath in the middle is it wouldnt be able to go anywhere. Too steep. If I did replace any vehicles with axon ones, then it would throw off the whole necris theme, I think anyways.

Comment

The final is almost ready!
                                I just need a mini-map image that looks like the ones epic did

Comment

Working...
                                X