• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    great! downloading...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man, i'm glad your enjoying it! I hope even more people check it out, I really put a lot of work into this (my first) map and as a gamer from the Q2 days, I'm really enjoying it too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The lifts all work great on PS3, the water volume is perfect too. First map that actual has an underwater portion that isn't clunky or messed up. I love this map. The texture on the cave walls seems kinda basic to me, but I'll live. Weapon placement is top notch, and this map is definitely a keeper for me.

That lift at the top that takes you to the berserk pick up... It's fine, but when I play this on my PS3, my character has a stupid habit of moving forward on it's own sometimes. Really makes the platform a problem for me to stay on. Anyway it can't be avoided... It would be too much to ask for a little ledge at the end of the platform to keep my character from running off, so I'll just stick it out. Thanks for this awesome map, and for allowing Anuban to cook it so I can play on it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I guess I can tone down the lights a bit in the map, but that's very little to do. Ill wait and see if there are any comments that I can address after people have a chance to play it over the weekend. After that I'll go ahead and release beta 1.1 and see if there is anything else that needs to be done. Are there any technical aspects that need to be addressed, such as lift speed, number of pickups, sound volumes that need to be adjusted?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OCK View Post
    Thanks for the updated link.
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the updated link.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by OCK View Post
    PS3 link not working...
    Looks like he copied the link in correctly ... here you go:

http://files.filefront.com/DM+Tokay+.../fileinfo.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PS3 link not working...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Check your pm Neocane ... I sent you an important pm that will hopefully benefit you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    will do! and i'm glad you understand why some changes i won't hesitate to make while others are kinda redundant to a "remake".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay I see now this is based off of a Quake map ... totally missed that ... and now I see why you are so reticent to make certain changes. No prob at all. Whenever you are ready I will cook this for you no problem. Just let me know me and send me the file I need.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i will most definetly address all comments (as much as possible) so that everyone will enjoy this map. i would like to, however, stay as true to the original layout of the map as possible. so if i don't address any requests or comments, it's not because i'm not flexible or being obstinate, it's simply because i personally feel it would detract from the original feel of the map that i enjoyed so much with the original Quake II crowd.

... having to get the stinger but I think there is too much water and it inhibits the flow
    i'm sorry, but your very first request is one i can't change. the water in this map is the same as the water level in the original.

...... also the map needs to be a bit tighter .. I had five bots loaded but there were plenty of times I really had to search to find a fight ... maybe one or two good sized areas with powerups that promote having to meet up and that way the fighting is more constant and keeps the user in the map longer.
    do you mean smaller? again, i have matched (numerically) the size and shape of the original map and thats not subject to change.

As far as other technical graphic issues you may want to experiment with your light more to create greater contrasts and have a few dimly light areas.
    now that i can do with no problem at all! hehe i've seen more than a few map reviews that said over and over "too dark this, too dark that", so i figured intially i would make sure it wasn't too dark overall. i would be happy to "tone it down" and darken it here and there.

Also some lifts start underwater requiring the user to have to jump down which may disrupt flow so you may want to rethink that approach.

again, they are the same as the original map and structurally just not going to change, sorry. finally in response to the very first review, i thank you very much, i really appreciate your time and it wasn't wasted. i will tweak it as much as i can but i'm staying true to the original size and structure of the map. weapon and pickup placement is also true to the original map, but i feel less stringent about changing those if need be. any suggestions regarding "more" or "less" pickups either way, or lighting and material changes will be addressed, as well as lift or tram speeds being slower or faster. thanks again for your review and time as well! and thanks for the kind words!

ps. i will cook this map for ps3 as well, or request that AnubanUT2 do it for me since he so graciously volunteered.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Neocane View Post
    redone for format of these forums.....now it should be right.
    Good job ... I'll comment on the map shortly ... its been a busy day.

Edit: Not bad at all ... especially for your first map ... this is a difficult map and it takes some getting used to but after a few minutes I was pretty comfortable and having a good time. Bots are good and I appreciate that. I like the underwater stuff ... having to get the stinger but I think there is too much water and it inhibits the flow ... also the map needs to be a bit tighter .. I had five bots loaded but there were plenty of times I really had to search to find a fight ... maybe one or two good sized areas with powerups that promote having to meet up and that way the fighting is more constant and keeps the user in the map longer. As far as other technical graphic issues you may want to experiment with your light more to create greater contrasts and have a few dimly light areas. Also some lifts start underwater requiring the user to have to jump down which may disrupt flow so you may want to rethink that approach. Anyway this is a good fun map that has a nice consisitent look and feel (there may need to be a bit more color contrast/variation but that is something you can experiment with ... take a look at Setheran's Downpour and also look at Arsenal and Diesel on the retail side to get some more ideas ... weapon layout and pickup selection and placement was also good. With a little work will be a keeper for certain. Good job and I look forward to your next beta.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    redone for format of these forums.....now it should be right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have all CreepyD's Q2 remakes for UT1, and they are great, although my favourite Q2 map - The Edge was a bit too large in scale. Anyone remaking this one for UT3?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X