• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-ScorpionWar [Beta][Pics][Updated 04/02/2008]

Name: WAR-ScorpionWar
    Version: Beta2b
    Compatibility: UT3 Patch1.1
    Description: This is a warfare map with many scorpions, There is only 1 prime node where all the action takes place. This map is verry funny with more then 16players (even more fun with 32). There are some weapons but only limited to flak cannon and rocket launcher. There is also an energy shield pickup wich allows you to protect prime node for some time (there no linkguns so no healing). Me and my friends had alot of fun at this maps (yes bots work and its funny with them, but they are not smart)
    Comments: This map is not yet finisht, I'm thinking of adding orbs but not yet sure about that. Any comments of how to improve map are welcome. It would also be nice if someone can test this map with 16+ players, i only tested it with bots and some friends.
    Credits: Hypemaster and Epic Games
    Download: Download Beta2b

Changes:
    Beta1 -> Beta2b
    - Middle core is on a hill
    - Added some small hills on the map
    - Scorpions are now on a plateau and protected against fire, so you cant destroy scorpions at there spawns.
    - Power cores explode
    - Mountains are changed a bit
    - Flak spawn in the middle
    - Some minor fixes

Older versions:
    Download Beta1

Screenshots:
    Screenshot1 (Beta2b)
    Screenshot2 (Beta2b)
    Screenshot3 (Beta2b)

Note: This is my first map i ever made in UT3 and had alot of fun with it (so this will not be my last one). I also made this map for gameplay not looks.

First screen reminds me of Supreme Commander.

Comment

Wow, that is ALOT of Scorpions, I'd advise you to at least terrain changes, like small hills and not just constant flat ground. Also, maybe some permanent Scorpion wreckage littered around the map.

Comment

I love scorpions so much that if you put hills and stuff, ravines and the like it'd be awesome.

Comment

Sweet plz cook for ps3.

Comment

I'm going to do like Mr Uglypants say. Adding some little hills and scorpion wreckages around the map in next version of my map.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

Also, a suggestion, try building cover for that node, maybe have it on a high hill (not too seep, we want the scorpions to get to it) or have some meshes surrounding it. Seems silly to have it just out there with nothing to protect it from being spammed.

Another, i haven't tested the map yet, but i shall be doing so soon. But if there ARE any weapon pickups, keep the Shock and Stinger and possibly AVRiL out of it, they'll play havoc with that center node, as long as its in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                Glad to hear it.

Also, a suggestion, try building cover for that node, maybe have it on a high hill (not too seep, we want the scorpions to get to it) or have some meshes surrounding it. Seems silly to have it just out there with nothing to protect it from being spammed.

Another, i haven't tested the map yet, but i shall be doing so soon. But if there ARE any weapon pickups, keep the Shock and Stinger and possibly AVRiL out of it, they'll play havoc with that center node, as long as its in the open.

he said there is only flack and rocket... but rockets could still creat a problem. i agree that it needs SOME cover

Comment

I want a WAR-Pinball that is similar to this (though id like to see either base be on low ground and have the terrain rise up form either end to meet in the middle) that has nothing but a bunch of scavengers.

Comment

I can make something like this with scavengers like you said, but first gone finish this one and then i can think about that.

Comment

Great idea but I think you need to make the prime node harder to catch, or more special...

How about making it on an higher piece of land with a huge pit around it going from the surrounding mountains? In a way that you have to jump there (add jumps booster pads).
                      Adding some sort of 3d wind and fog around it would be very nice for the mood.
                      Also having a lower level to catch onto when falling would be great (with a way to get back up!)
                      That's all my suggestions.

There is something there for the gameplay, and its looking great, so keep it up.

Comment

This map looks alittle like that one place in Lord of the Rings. ..

Destromath...?

Comment

This is big enough to use as a Vctf map. I run the VCTF classic version since users can jump into scorpions with flag this would be great. Hope you make a VCTF Version

Comment

Would not be hard to convert to VCTF, can do that when this version is ready. I'm going to think about it

Comment

Beta2 is finisht now, look first post for changes and download.
                              You can give comments on this version now so i can improve it for next version.

Also expect a VCTF version of this map soon

Comment

Working...
                              X