• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Cryostasis: Map testers wanted.

Name: Cryostasis
    Version: Alpha 3
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: A tight, deadly Cryogenics research facility transformed into an even deadlier arena, Cryostasis was designed for research on chemical reactions between flesh and particle arresting weaponry in hopes of finding a method of fighting krall-necris troops by sending them to their frozen deaths.
    Comments: Best played as a 2-4 player map, intentionally tight quarters.
    Screenshots:

Credits: Special Thanks To Epic For Providing Custom Content

Download Map At: http://rs353.rapidshare.com/files/87...Cryostasis.ut3
    Download Ini At: http://rs355.rapidshare.com/files/87...Cryostasis.ini

No screens = no dl.

Comment

I agree, it would be nice to see some screenshots.

Comment

Sorry, won't DL or rate until you post some screens.

Comment

I don't understand why you'd name the map a name people won't remember after playing the map.

Comment

The screenshots are up. So I fixed that issue. Now come on and check it out while it's still alpha.

Comment

When you have bot pathing I will be happy to take a look at this level.

Comment

I have bot pathing. I finished all gameplay elements before starting on the visuals.

Comment

Some VERY low ceiling, i dunno, maybe higher?

Comment

Nice map ... just needs some more trim like control panels, monitors, hi-tech machinery, etc. Plus some ramps need better texturing. How about better lighting contrasts. So far though I can see this is going to be another really tight and solid 2-4 person levels and that is cool we need more good maps this size.

Comment

From the screens, I get that Terminator 2: Judgement Day vibe from them. You know, when they're in the datadyne offices trying to destroy all the data on the first terminator's arm and chip? Remember that bad *** scene where Arnold's holding that chain minigun and fires it out at the cops? Yeah man, you should make a section on your map where there are huge windows looking outside and see a raining city scene, with maybe random searchlights in the air.

I like how part of your map is frozen because of the name... Really cool. I think maybe you should have walls that have been cracked through from the ice maybe. Or have like a frozen over room, with like a mist maybe...

Anyway keep it up man, I hope it plays well and you have a great time finalizing the map!

Comment

from the screenshots I think the belt should be where the rockets are. IOm going to download it and test it how it is now soon.

Comment

I have a few suggestions, take the lower ceilings and open them up way up. Make some interesting celling shapes and line them up with some static meshes. I am seeing way to much bsp you could cover this map with more static meshes to make it come alive.

Also if you would like to test this map in an actual online server feel free to message me and let me know. I run Apophis3d.net which is a site dedicated to 3d modeling / level design and anything art related really. But we also have a UT3 server for deathmatch more game modes will come later as the interest in UT3 picks up. But if you would like to get it online an tested let me know and we can talk about setting something up.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I was working on making some of the map feel more open. However, for those of you who feel that some of the ceilings are a little too low, I was going by suggested size for small corridors. I could, honestly, make them a little higher, say about 64 units. I haven't done much with the ceiling as you can tell already. But I was planning on making it feel more... real. Remember, it's only an alpha version and I'm glad you guys are testing it and taking it seriously. I could post a link to a video of some of my old old old maps that were created on console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIAW4xjwI-A

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                              Nice map ... just needs some more trim like control panels, monitors, hi-tech machinery, etc.
                              Don't need any of that stuff, just make the map play well.

Comment

Working...
                              X