• Show
Clear All

UT3RPG WIP [Redone] [Version: 0.01 Alpha] [Screenshots]

Name: UT3RPG
    Version: 0.01 Alpha (Internal)
    Description: Adds RPG Elements To UT3
    Download: Not Available Yet
    Screenshots:

Particle Effect WIP for the Slow Skill (Not Implemented Yet)

Particle Effect WIP for the Team Heal Skill

Yes, I know I could of edited my old RPG topic but this is a redone version of it and will be taking the place of the old version.

I decided to start over on my UT3 RPG Mutator from mostly scratch. I have redone most of the original code of the mutator. Instead of having always active skills (was before I learned interactions) it will now have skills which you have to activate. I should have a beta build completed soon. I just need to implement a menu system for purchasing skills and attribute points and it will be almost ready to be released as a beta.

Here is a list of the currently planned Skills.

Skill Name: Vampirism
    Skill Description: Leech Life For A Limited Time
    Skill Duration: 20
    Life Steal %: 5

Skill Name: Escape
    Skill Description: Escape From Battle By Cloaking
    Skill Duration: 25

Skill Name: Heal
    Skill Description: Heal Your Wounds
    Skill Duration: instant

Skill Name: Team Heal
    Skill Description: Heal Yourself And Your Teammates in A Radius Around You
    Skill Duration: instant
    Skill Radius: 500

Skill Name: Regeneration
    Skill Description: Regenerate Life For A Limited Time
    Skill Duration: 10

Skill Name: Speed Boost
    Skill Description: Increase Speed For A Limited Time
    Skill Duration: 5

Skill Name: Slow
    Skill Description: Slow Down Enemies Within A Range For A Limited Time
    Skill Duration: 10
    Skill Radius: 500

The duration and ranges of the skills are still being worked on and may change. All skills currently have a cooldown to limit the number of times you use the skill.

I currently have only 2 factions in the game so far and will add more as I continue to work on the mutator.

I am needing more skill ideas, so if you have any ideas for skills please feel free to let me know.

What are the chances that we'll be getting a PS3 cooked version? I'll bet it doesn't use only UnrealScript though does it? I think this mod sounds really promising, and would love to play it on the PS3. So if you can possibly cook it for it, that'd be awesome.

And if not, i'll just have to wish i had the PC version :P

Comment

Well you can always add stuff like damage bonus skills, damage reduction skills, shooting/attack speed buffs. Team damage bonuses, team damage reductions skills (if team mates are near you they get increased damage or damage reduction) or whatever skills would benefit teammates around you (like a skill that gives you extra xp if teammates are near by or something). The ability to see how much health/Armor an enemy has. Maybe skills that cause conditions like health/armor degeneration...ect

Comment

Would their be any way to use the same wheel that you can select weapons as a base to select your RPG skills? You'd need to remove the weapon pics and maybe just import some text of the skills name... A fast way to select your skills would be better than key binding everything. Also It could be used with the PS3 if you could cause it to replace either one of the jump keys or one of the weapon select keys. Anyways, on to the skill suggestions.

Possible Skills

Orb of Darkness - blacks out the vision of nearby enemies with X# of seconds
        Flash Bang - blinds nearby enemies within X# of radius
        Concussion Grenades - disorients (motion blur) enemies within range of explosion
        Smoke Grenades - to cover your escape
        Proximity Mines - I love planting booby traps!
        Reflective Shield - roates around you and reduces damage by X#
        Fire Shield - rotates around you and causes X# of damage to nearby enemies
        Mirror Image - just like every other video game where the enemy wouldn't know quite which target to fire at.
        Grappling Hook - Shoots out a claw like grapple which propels you forward
        Heat Vision Changes screen colors to make enemies stand out

Guild Wars type of conditions might give you ideas
        Bleeding - heath degen on yourself ( which leaves a blood trail)
        Poison - another type of health degen
        On Fire - yet another type of heath degen
        Blind - enemy can't see or has reduced vision
        Crippled - decrease movement
        Dazed - motion blur or a staggering affect
        Disease - heath degen that's spread to those around you
        Exhaustion - enemy can't use their other skills for X # of time
        Weakness - enemy is weakened and inflicts less damage
        Deep Wound - enemy has 20% less total life and heals 20% less for X # of time
        Knockdown - puts an enemy on their *****

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
          Would their be any way to use the same wheel that you can select weapons as a base to select your RPG skills? You'd need to remove the weapon pics and maybe just import some text of the skills name... A fast way to select your skills would be better than key binding everything. Also It could be used with the PS3 if you could cause it to replace either one of the jump keys or one of the weapon select keys. Anyways, on to the skill suggestions.

Possible Skills

Orb of Darkness - blacks out the vision of nearby enemies with X# of seconds
          Flash Bang - blinds nearby enemies within X# of radius
          Concussion Grenades - disorients (motion blur) enemies within range of explosion
          Smoke Grenades - to cover your escape
          Proximity Mines - I love planting booby traps!
          Reflective Shield - roates around you and reduces damage by X#
          Fire Shield - rotates around you and causes X# of damage to nearby enemies
          Mirror Image - just like every other video game where the enemy wouldn't know quite which target to fire at.
          Grappling Hook - Shoots out a claw like grapple which propels you forward
          Heat Vision Changes screen colors to make enemies stand out
          Nice skill ideas. Once I get an inventory system where you equip items manually and not just switch through them like it is now I will see about using the mouse wheel to switch through skills.

I will try and cook it for PS3 but I can't guarantee it will be on the same day I release the PC version.

Comment

More Skills

Caltrops - throw down little spikes on the ground which wound and slow enemies who pass over them
            Mind Blast - Foes within X# of range can't use special skills for X# of seconds
            Critical Hit - One out of X# of shots does triple damage.
            Assassin's Promise - If you kill a foe within X# of seconds all other skills recharge
            Weaken Defenses - Foes within range take a bigger % of damage.
            Daze- Next target you get becomes dazed and has their controls reversed
            Confusion - Weapons change randomly
            Life Siphon For every enemy that's dies with X radius you gain X # of life
            Aura of Pain - Enemies around the target your hitting also suffer a % of that damage.

Comment

Another GW player eh?

Anyway, as an upgrade to Escape, or maybe a whole new skill. If you uncloak when you fire, maybe make it that the first fire has a damage bonus, akin to skills like 'backstab' and criticals in other rpg games.

You know what would be a good skill Cold_Killer? Spiteful Spirit

Comment

polymorph other - turns opponent into a small harmless animal for a period of time, no weapons but keep normal health and armour if you're feeling kind.

Comment

looks good, i hope that you make the RPG info on screen some way conencted to the health bar in style, colour and location and maybe remoive some of them and have them on another screen.

Comment

where is ultima in ut3 rpg mod?

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
                      More Skills

Caltrops - throw down little spikes on the ground which wound and slow enemies who pass over them
                      Mind Blast - Foes within X# of range can't use special skills for X# of seconds
                      Critical Hit - One out of X# of shots does triple damage.
                      Assassin's Promise - If you kill a foe within X# of seconds all other skills recharge
                      Weaken Defenses - Foes within range take a bigger % of damage.
                      Daze- Next target you get becomes dazed and has their controls reversed
                      Confusion - Weapons change randomly
                      Life Siphon For every enemy that's dies with X radius you gain X # of life
                      Aura of Pain - Enemies around the target your hitting also suffer a % of that damage.
                      lol omg overpowered! nerf nerf!!

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo12321 View Post
                        Another GW player eh?

You know what would be a good skill Cold_Killer? Spiteful Spirit
                        I'd stand by the Stinger powerup all day long and wait for them to pick it up.

Originally posted by NeoKnight View Post
                        lol omg overpowered! nerf nerf!!
                        Don't worry NeoKnight, we are safe from Arena Net, their stupid frog and their nerf bat.

Comment

Very nice, it looks promising. I'm very interested in the development of this project.

- I would like to see classes. I understand not everyone is a fan of classes, but it would be nice if you had a configurable option and an easy way to allow server admins to create and customize their own classes. If you are interested in more ideas for classes, I have pleanty.

- Gaining XP for damage done, in my opinion, is a much better system than gaining xp for points earned. If this could be an option (perhaps configurable), that would be nice.

- Try breaking down the healing skill (and possibly others) into multiple groups. For example: Heal will heal a single target based on the amount of damage done by the weapon you are using and/or have set as a healing gun. Heal Self may be a skill that requires energy (as I see in your screen shot) but heals yourself only and for a moderate amount. And Team Healing which does a small amount of healing to teammates in your radius.

I have many more ideas, if you like these and wish for me to share more, let me know.

Comment

Here is an update on the progress. I currently have 9 skills now which are

Heal: Heal Yourself
                            Team Heal: Heal Yourself And Your Team In A Radius
                            Escape: Escape From Battle By Cloaking
                            Critical Strike: % Chance To Do Double Damage
                            Vampirism: Leech Life For A Limited Time
                            Sprint: Boost In Speed For A Limited Time
                            Slow: Slow Enemies Down In A Radius For A Limited Time
                            Regeneration: Regenerate HP For A Limited Time
                            Infection: Infect Enemies In A Radius For A Limited Time (Does Damage Per Second)

Also I have implemented random weapon properties. Right now I only have 3 properties for weapons so it really isn't all that random lol.

The current List of Weapon Properties is

Punishing: Increase Damage By 25%
                            Expanding: Increase Ammo Capacity By 50%
                            Fatal Shot: 1% Chance To Instantly Kill (Massive Damage)

Any ideas on some properties also would help.

I will probably stop adding skills and properties for now and work on the UI menu for the skills and stats.

Thanks for all the ideas so far and some will be implemented (depends how hard it is to accomplish what the skill does)

Comment

Weapon Properties
                              Bullet Lock - automatically causes bullets fired to steer towards an enemy.
                              Quick Reload - makes guns reload faster
                              Ammo Regen - makes ammo replenish slowly

Comment

Working...
                              X