Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Virtua Alpha Version 2 (First Public Alpha)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Virtua Alpha Version 2 (First Public Alpha)

DM-Virtua
    Alpha Version 2
    Small-Medium size map for 2-6 players

A fairly tight deathmatch map, good for 2v2 or small FFAs. No visuals yet, just ambient light and colour coded grid textures. First alpha didn't warrant a public release, scale was more suited to UT2k4 and item placement was really bad. This version should be more appropriate for UT3, but I'm still not entirely sure of item-placement or scale, feedback in that regard would be appreciated.

Download Here

[UPDATE] Added some pics of some visual experimentation I've been doing (Nothing final yet)

Updated with some screens of possible visuals

Comment

Thats a pretty cool idea....looking forward to the full release.

Comment

What about the layout though, item placement? Visuals, lighting ect. don't really matter at the moment.

Comment

I like the look. It'd be sweet if you could basically release a series of this style. Like a DM map, a big DM map (for TDM), CTF, vCTF, and Warfare. I know it's asking for much but it'd be neat. I'm sure it'd make a lot of modelers make Tron characters. And then someone pops out light cycles. ROFL I'm messing around but I'm really looking forward to this. Also, if you need hosting of UT files please feel free to post them here:
          http://newkinddesigns.com/uti/forums/showthread.php?t=1 (utinfinity.com coming soon)
          Also, that place allows guests to fully download anything with no throttled download speed.

Edit, I didn't download yet. I was wondering if you were going to make the lines have like chasing highlights and stuff?

Comment

Beta one will have all the cool visuals, but for now I have to nail the gameplay.

Comment

looks cool, it definetely reminds me of tron. Plz cook for PS3

Comment

This looks awesome. As said, very tron-ish. Hopefully it'll live up gameplay wise

Comment

Very cool map and i love the visual style although truth be told after 10 minutes of play i was getting a headache. To whoever asked, yes the lines have chasing lights going along them, well at least one of the coloured areas did i forget which.

There is one problem i found and that is in the anti-grav area, when shooting people there are water splashes on their model aswell as the player model.

Other than that the flow is pretty good, i can't really fault it to be honest. Suggestions wise i would say in the big blue room, maybe do a jump pad to a platform higher up? You could put a flak cannon up there with some health vials maybe. I never found a flak on the map and the tight corridoors seem like they would be perfect for one, and since the blue room has such a high ceiling with nothing really up there, it seems like a good place to put it, especially with the blue room being so big and seemingly a central area of the map.

Comment

+1 on the Tronish....Awesome idea.Wish i had have thought of it.

Looking forward to some eye poppers.

Comment

Originally posted by gospastic View Post
                      Very cool map and i love the visual style although truth be told after 10 minutes of play i was getting a headache. To whoever asked, yes the lines have chasing lights going along them, well at least one of the coloured areas did i forget which.

There is one problem i found and that is in the anti-grav area, when shooting people there are water splashes on their model aswell as the player model.

Other than that the flow is pretty good, i can't really fault it to be honest. Suggestions wise i would say in the big blue room, maybe do a jump pad to a platform higher up? You could put a flak cannon up there with some health vials maybe. I never found a flak on the map and the tight corridoors seem like they would be perfect for one, and since the blue room has such a high ceiling with nothing really up there, it seems like a good place to put it, especially with the blue room being so big and seemingly a central area of the map.
                      The flak is at the center of the purple pillar area, under the shield belt, not sure how you missed it. As for the water effects in the zero-g area, I'm looking into how these areas were done in maps like deimos. Finally, don't worry about the whole headachy grid textures, once I start working on the visuals it will look somewhat more like the concept screens I have shown.

Comment

this map reminds me tron... its pretty cool theme to use on a map..i liked

Comment

How's the beta going? Any updates for us? =P~

Comment

Progress is plodding along slowly, what with school and everything, but it's getting there. I've tweaked the layout a bit from the last alpha as well as the item placement and I'm working on a matrix inspired section (for the 'green' area).

Comment

Reminds me of Glacial Sanctuary,except after 5 mins this map really does a number on my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X