Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF/DM-{FO}Vertigo [PC + PS3 Download and Pics]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF/DM-{FO}Vertigo [PC + PS3 Download and Pics]

Map names:CTF and DM-{FO}Vertigo
    Author:{FO}*Pitch~Black* (faetal@hotmail.com; XFire: pitch777black)
    Version:1.0
    Compatablity:Only tested on a 1.1 patched server.
    Description: A map that has you suspended high above a busy city. It has three levels and is pretty wide open making the flag carrier always susceptible to snipers, so hiding isn't very easily done and is always risky to try. It can be a pretty long route to return the flag, so team work is a must. The map is rather large for a CTF, I think, so the more players/bots the better, really. The DM version is exactly the same as the CTF version (without the flags, obviously).
    Comments: The DM version has been very thoroughly tested on my clans DM server for weeks now without a hitch. However, I made the map originally for CTF, but lacking a CTF server to test on I thought it was best to post it in the beta section for now.
    Screenies:

Credits: Thanks should always go out to Epic for giving us such an awesome game to play (and play with ).
    Homepage: can't !

Downloads:

PC:
    CTF version: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Verti.../fileinfo.html
    DM version: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Vertig.../fileinfo.html

PS3:
    CTF version: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Verti.../fileinfo.html
    DM version: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Vertig.../fileinfo.html

(OUI!!!!!!!)

Thanks!

Very nice map. Much appreciated from this PS3 user

Comment

Thanks mate, this level looks awesome - can't wait to try it out on ps3

Comment

Yeah this map looks Sick!

Comment

definately looks good, u always make maps or is it hard to make maps if u have no experience at all...cuz I am also going to get pc version to make maps if its not to difficult....

Comment

Originally posted by Blazekid86 View Post
            definately looks good, u always make maps or is it hard to make maps if u have no experience at all...cuz I am also going to get pc version to make maps if its not to difficult....
            If you're interested in making maps I strongly recommend that you get the Collector's Edition for the PC which has the 30+ hours of tutorials on how to use the map editor. I've made quite a lot of maps for both UT 99 and 2k4 and still found the tutorials invaluable. It was only $10 more for the Collector's Edition when I bought it (which was the day the game was released) and I think it was more than worth the extra small amount of money. To answer the question more directly, though, map making is like any other skill: it's only difficult until you know what you're doing. After that it's just time-consuming. Personally, I spend more time in the editor than I do in the game; which is okay because I enjoy mapping more than I do playing....and I love playing.

Comment

woh.... looks like theres a lot of places to kill yourself?...lol... Nice work!... i'll test the PS3 version ASAP.... and post my results/issues (if any) on this post.... thanks for letting PS3 in on the beta!
              add: oh and everyone will appreciate the alternate game modes for this map... three game modes is better then 2!.(everyone forgets Dm maps work in TDM too on PS3, WHY?..lol)... thank you!

Comment

great job, this one's a keeper. A big thanks for the PS3 version. I guess the momentary blurring is intentional, to simulate vertigo? Clever, but not sure if I like it. It's distracting, momentarily takes you out of the gameplay. Just something to think about for the final.

Comment

merci man! tu parle francais???vraiment belle ta map.very nice map tanks man.

Comment

This looks pretty trippy.. downloading now.

Comment

Firstly, nice map. I like the layout and the way it was put together.

Only problem I have is why does the screen keep flashing a bright light? Its pretty annoying. I think its the red bulbs/spheres that do it, but its like your having a seizure...lol. If that went away I think it would be much better overall.

Edit: So maybe its intentional, but I think its to distracting.

Comment

Very cool map, plays great on the PS3. Thanks for a very creative map.

Comment

This is an awsome map i just downloaded it and was playing it, as a PS3 owner i just want to thank you guys for creating these maps. I was just wondering if you could possibly release a version without the "vertigo" effect, some of us may find that a little distracting, thanks

Comment

Thank you for the map and getting it onto the ps3.
                            Here is a video of it running on a ps3:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROFTSLYPlB0

Comment

I like the basis of this map, but it has some major problems to sort out. The look is perfect, but because it all looks the same I can't describe to you where all the problems are. First, please get rid of the flash when you go from section to section. Also the were alot of places, on the flat ground, that I would get stuck on. Just for no reason get stuck and have to jump over the flat ground to go forward. I would also get stuck on the first step of alot of the stairs going up to the jump pads. The jump pads were another problem with me. Alot of their trajectories were of, or short of their mark or make no sense at all. Some would shoot you to nowhere but instant death, some of the pads shot me to those pads that sent me to instant death. And a couple shot me up to a floor but I would just come up short every time. Also, with how far and high some of those jump pads send you, I would like fall damage to be off. I lost most of my health from jump pads. I only downloaded the DM version, not the CTF version. Mabey the CTF version works better with an objective. In DM, I just didn't know where I was, and was dying alot from jumpads. Sorry if the post is all criticism. Those are just the issues I had. I like where this is headed though. Mabey some kind of floating landmark would help.

Comment

Working...
                              X