[UPDATE2 1-12-08] DM-Oblivion [WIP][Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[UPDATE2 1-12-08] DM-Oblivion [WIP][Pics]

[UPDATE 1] I changed some of the images with updated shots from the same angles as well as added a couple of new shots down at the bottom. Enjoy!

[UPDATE 2] I added some static meshes for a little bit of decoration as well as finished the center room and added windows over the shock rifle spawn. The new images are at the very bottom of the post.

This afternoon I started on a remake of DM-Oblivion from UT99. For those that played the game but can't remember the map, it was the very first map you play in the single player campaign.

If you still don't remember, it takes place inside a spaceship of some sort with windows looking out into nothingness with a flak cannon inside a box on one end of the map and a shock rifle on the other, with a rocket launcher on one of the other sides.

Anyways, I started it and it's barely coming along.

This is my first real map ever so, bear with me.

This first shot looks out from the Shock Rifle spawn towards the center room (Which you can see I haven't created yet.) with the two hallways on the sides.

The old one is on top and mine is on the bottom.

This is the old map looking in from the center room area towards the Shock Rifle's spawn (The little step up.)

And this is my version from the same angle.

And finally a top down view comparing the two versions. Mine is on the right. Sorry about the translation widget in the center of mine. Forgot to deselect it when I took the picture.

And no nothing is final in here, especially the ceiling texture which is just the floor one again. I haven't found anything good to put up there yet but I will.

[UPDATE] These next two images show one of the hallways leading out of the shock rifle spawn towards one of the lower rooms which house the rocket launcher and its ammo.

[UPDATE 2] The first image is of the new windows over the shock Rifle as well as a couple of the static meshes I stuck in to spice it up a tiny bit.

The next one is looking out the window at one of the other ships in your fleet.

And finally, a shot of the center room. This is as if you're coming in from the Shock Rifle spawn.

Interested in how this turns out. At first I didn't remember, but when you talked about the shock rifle and the flak spawns I remembered. And you could spawn in the middle and each side of the ship, I remember now xD

It would be very nice as a remake, but I remember it being quite small?

Well, best of luck with this and I hope it all turns out well =D

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo12321 View Post
      Interested in how this turns out. At first I didn't remember, but when you talked about the shock rifle and the flak spawns I remembered. And you could spawn in the middle and each side of the ship, I remember now xD

It would be very nice as a remake, but I remember it being quite small?

Well, best of luck with this and I hope it all turns out well =D
      Yeah it's a tiny map. It's best suited for 3-4 people I believe, but I had so much fun with it way back when .

Comment

looks very simple but ..

remind me Star wars Jedi Knight's map
        so I love it ...

Comment

Ah, I totally forgot about this map but I used to love it. All right, I used to love just about every UT99 map, but yeah great one. I'd also love it if you UT3'd it up a bit more though. Looks great so far though as far as staying completely true can.

Comment

Looks good Great you're making a remake.

Comment

Yay, looks good, keep going!

Comment

Are you going to take the "Old School low poly few meshes bsp only" kinda of style? or try to make fit into the Unreal Tournament 3 Universe like recen remakes such as Liandri, Morbias, Tempest and Fractal?

Comment

Looks good, but did you keep in mind that UT3 maps should be about 1.25 times bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Ignotium View Post
                    Are you going to take the "Old School low poly few meshes bsp only" kinda of style? or try to make fit into the Unreal Tournament 3 Universe like recen remakes such as Liandri, Morbias, Tempest and Fractal?
                    I think I'm going to make it true to the original with very few static meshes, but then make another pass through it and add a bunch of details with meshes and release both versions.

As for making 1.25 times the size when I started I forgot to. So as it stands it's an exact replica of the original with all bsp's the same # of uu's as in UT99.

After jumping around it a little bit it doesn't seem that small but if it gets to that point I will go back and resize it. I can always gather thoughts once an alpha or beta is released. If the users feel it needs to be bigger I will go back through and resize it, but as it stands it feels fine to me.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

Bump for Update # 2.

Comment

This map was almost too small in UT99, it's gonna play like **** in UT3 unless you scale it bigger, period.

Comment

I captured some video of me playing with a bot on the half-finished map.

As the Youtube description states, there is no bot pathing whatsoever so he basically grabs a weapon and runs back to the spawn point and just stands there but I just kind of wanted to see how it would play when something's shooting at me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0ZASFY5zZs

Comment

Working...
                          X