Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Curse-UT3 - [Screens] [Download] [Updated] [PC/PS3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DM-Curse-UT3 - [Screens] [Download] [Updated] [PC/PS3]

At last I have the pleasure to announce Curse-UT3

Name: DM-Curse-UT3

Version: 2.0

Compatibility: latest

Description: My UT3 version of DM-Curse map, not a remake but based off UT99/UT2k3/4 you may know and love.

Comments: For those who dont know this map, you have three hidden places that contain powerups or weapon caches. weapon/ammo/amour placement from UT99 version with Link gun opposite for slightly better flow.

Credits: WrATH(SeanW), Cliff Bleszinski/Epic Games for the original map concept and and design.

-Beta2 changes-

Lots of Blocking volumes so less lightly to get blocked or stuck by scenery/meshes.
    Lifts now work much better and smoother.
    Fixed corner lift and shouldn't be blocked in any way.
    Bots now should use Udamage door, touch door to open(not figured out how to shoot open yet like previous UT versions of Curse)

-Beta2.1 Changes

Sorted PS3 cooking issue, now works.
    Redesigned sniper hallway for better movement.
    Added higher quality shadows and lightmaps

-Beta3 Changes

Lifts *should* work better
    Door to udamage now has to be shot to open just like in UT99. Note: Primary flak fire don't open it(secondary fire does) maybe a UT3 bug.
    Tweaked some light and textures.
    Added some ambient sounds
    Side Hole where the sniper is you now have to jump to get into, just like UT99.
    Fixed screenshot not showing up in UI.
    Made thigh pads easier to get to without the need to crouch(good for PS3 users).
    Added powerup invisibility

-Beta4 changes

Lifts work proper now, reset to their start position even if you jump off them.
    Removed invisibility
    Biorifle/side lift area is like UT99 now giving more room and better flow.
    Added a light function to the water area which gives a nice subtle water reflection.
    Added dynamic shadows to the lifts and reaper(if your playing on world detail 5). Lamp has ridged body meaning when shot swings and casts dynamic shadow(looks spooky).
    Updated screenshot in game UI which looks better.
    Tweaked performance, maybe better.
    Made height fog darker.

-Beta4-1 Changes

Removed effect that created a package and crashed UT3 without it.

-Beta4-2 Changes

New wall texture that looks as though it's 3d and has bricks as seen in the UE3 demo and new ceiling textures.
    Made udamage door stay open longer and work like UT99 version.
    Added more sounds to lifts.
    Added new screenshots

Named to Curse-UT3.

PC Download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SFUGFVB6

PS3 Download (.jam file) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JOMTQOY6

nice!! cant wait to play on ps3!

Comment

Just did a quick run through the map, will test it later tonight.

BUT IS THE MAIN LIFT SUPPOSED TO BE NON-WORKING?
      When I go or jump on it, it disappears but won't bring me up

PS: Looks great, love it!
      Not too eye candy and not too boring = perfect middle for competetive gaming!

Comment

The lift is supposed to be working, the delay time is just under a second and it should be working fine.

Comment

Hmm....started it again, seemed to work this time....strange!
          But still takes ages till it starts lifting me up

Found a bug as well:
          You get stuck in front of the small elevator when you are close to the wall on the right hand side (about a yard in front of the Bio Rifle).

Comment

Yep, it's because of the archers, i'm making them higher so you can walk under then. I'll make the lift quicker as well.

Comment

NICE!!!
              This was my favorite map from Unreal Championship on the xbox. MAD PROPS for remaking it. Thanks for thinking of the PS3 community also.

If you need a beta tester for the ps3 please let me know, I would love to help.

Thanks,
              p

*edit* Forgot to tell you the map looks incredible

Comment

Lifts are fixed now, just figured out what was wrong. I'll upload this as beta2.

Comment

Can you upload it someplace better? The link in the first post is slow as hell for me.

Comment

can't get the download to work, that site keeps lagging out for me in the middle of the download

My virus scanner also just detected a trojan popup on the site that launches the download.
                    "Trojan Clicker.CM"

Comment

I'll try to megaupload, you'll need to download it as it has some fixes in, lifts ect.

Comment

is this a fixed version now or not cos it still says b1 and u wrote about b2 ?!?

Comment

Yep. fixed version, beta2 will have the rest of the fixes.

Comment

ah k but crap, i just loaded b1 up to the redirect so my peeps will get it when connecting.....but on that redirect u cannot overwrite files..

Comment

Well if anyone can recommend a good site for uploading then I'll use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X