• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-ChopSuey [PS3/PC] *UPDATED 01/11/08

Name: ChopSuey
    Version: Beta 1
    Compatibility: UT3 1.1, PS3

Description: Small/Medium sized Deathmatch and or Duel map. A take off of the Quake III map TheLongestYard.

Comments: Its DONE! I know that theres already been a handful of takeoffs of TheLongestYard from Quake 3, however for my first map I wanted to make something fairly easy and I've alwaysed loved that map. I really wanted to thank everyone on these forums for the help. without you guys I would be completely lost. Comments and critisism are welcomed, I want to try and make this map true to its counterpart.

Screenshots:

more:
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ce00/scrn1.jpg
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...ce00/scrn3.jpg

Download DM-ChopSuey [PS3]
    Download DM-ChopSuey [PC]

EDIT: PC version is in the works.. still working out the kinks :P

EDIT2: FIXED! enjoy the pc version as well ^_^. Please let me know if any of you are having trouble with it. I'm pretty sure its bug free now, but you never know

So why aren't you doing this for PC?

Comment

I was having waaaay too many problems with cooking it onto PC so I decided to scrap it and make it onto PS3 instead. I dunno.. if people really like it or want it on PC really badly then I'll give it another try to get it working correctly on the PC as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzodus View Post
        So why aren't you doing this for PC?
        Well, why aren't some maps not cooked for the PS3 at start?

Comment

dude are you crazy, Fix your inlayed problems with the map, dont cop out and say ps3 exclusive. Im not interested in the map my self but as a mapper man i can tell you, you will feel some heat from the mapping community.

we are here to assist eachother with problems so dude seriously dont give anyone that bit about ps3 exclusive cus if you do that you will see how quickly the pc community shuns you and doesnt help you. pc community as in ummm lets see every mapper for ut. Whatever cooking problems you have on pc fixing them will improve the ps3 version as well and you will learn a thing or 2.

So anyways il start this off and extend my hand
          Whats the trouble your having with cooking on the pc. please give me exact error you get or whatnot. im sure i can help

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
            dude are you crazy, Fix your inlayed problems with the map, dont cop out and say ps3 exclusive. Im not interested in the map my self but as a mapper man i can tell you, you will feel some heat from the mapping community.

we are here to assist eachother with problems so dude seriously dont give anyone that bit about ps3 exclusive cus if you do that you will see how quickly the pc community shuns you and doesnt help you. pc community as in ummm lets see every mapper for ut
            you got a point. I guess I just really wanted to get my map out there... just don't have as much spare time as I used to to fiddle with making game content and the likes

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
              So anyways il start this off and extend my hand
              Whats the trouble your having with cooking on the pc. please give me exact error you get or whatnot. im sure i can help
              well it seems that once I cook it for PC some random textures will become NULL and the lighting will change from being what I have it now to REALLY dark. Whenever I try to fix the null textures it fixes but then another different texture becomes null... I really have no idea

EDIT: when cooked I dont really get any errors btw.. it just kinda happens

Comment

Not bad for a start. It made my PS3 crash though. :/ I'll try it again after it re-starts.

Comment

Originally posted by DSKEmilio View Post
                  Not bad for a start. It made my PS3 crash though. :/ I'll try it again after it re-starts.
                  yeah let me know if it does it again.. I have a feeling I might know what it could be.

Comment

I am guessing that you like System of a down.

Comment

Originally posted by lithium9mm View Post
                      I was having waaaay too many problems with cooking it onto PC so I decided to scrap it and make it onto PS3 instead. I dunno.. if people really like it or want it on PC really badly then I'll give it another try to get it working correctly on the PC as well.

Its cause we're map whores, we love maps.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN_Shadow View Post
                        Well, why aren't some maps not cooked for the PS3 at start?
                        No offense, but this isn't he says she says; its because mades made for the PC can have much more graphical featuer, etc than their console counterparts; I might not realease CTF-HallofGiants at first for PS3 just because of that, it will make most PCs chug (becaause of its size and detail), so it will make a PS3 chug.

Comment

hay nice i will test thies now , i will report if any probs , thanks for the map

Comment

looks good m8......i hav no ps3 so i wait the pc version...thx for pc users i see u build it 2^^so i only hav to wait a bit ....gl & hf for work

Comment

PC version has been fixed and uploaded. let me know if you guys experience any problems

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                              I am guessing that you like System of a down.
                              and yes.. lol.. yes I do

Comment

Working...
                              X