X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Hive]I[ : [BETA] - [Pics] - [Download]

Name: DM-Hive]I[ by Gorebringer

Version: Beta

Compatibility: UT3 1.1, PC, PS3 to come!

Description: The Hive]I[ is an arena where the Unreal Tournaments are held. Fast, furious and deadly this is an action packed map. Supports 2-12 players but 4-10 players are ideal. You can add more bots if you really want to but you run the risk of spawn frags due to just 12 player starts.

Comments: This map can be a bit confusing but it is intended to be that way. To find weapons follow the direction of the ammo placements. This map is really fun with the low gravity mutator enabled. I am looking for as much feedback as possible from the community please!

Known Issues: Sometimes if two or more players are going through the same door it will get stuck out of position. (Known bug in door triggers) The door is still usable but looks bad. Also the doors appear black on some computers.

[screenshot]http://www.hostninja.net/ut3maps/screens/hive/Screen2.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.hostninja.net/ut3maps/screens/hive/Screen4.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://www.hostninja.net/ut3maps/screens/hive/Screen6.jpg[/screenshot]

For more screens go here: http://www.hostninja.net/ut3maps/screens/hive/

Credits: Epic! Creator Gorebringer. Thanks to Alpha Testers CheapBastard and Pimby for all the help and great ideas!

Homepage: http://home.comcast.net/~karranor/game_hiveii.htm (This is currently just my old UT work if you want to see the original Hive. Soon I will update this with UT3 stuff as well.)

Download: http://www.hostninja.net/ut3maps/DM-Hive]I[.zip
    See README for more details.

Installation:
    Unzip and place the files here:

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

Thank you for checking out my map and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Looks great. Are you planning a Playstation BETA? Would love to check it out.

Comment

I would like to publish this to PS3. I am not sure how to do it yet but am looking into it. I will try to get it cooked for PS3 ASAP.

Comment

LIKE Gorebringer said ASAP ASAP ASAP 4 PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"Description: The Hive]I[ is an arena where the Unreal Tournaments are held. Fast, furious and deadly this is an action packed map. Supports 2-12 players but 4-10 players are ideal"

Love action arena, I will try it...

Comment

Originally posted by RealSubZero View Post
            LIKE Gorebringer said ASAP ASAP ASAP 4 PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Come on man, don't freak out like a fangirl. When the PS3 version is ready, it's ready.

I want this map for PS3 as well, but a little more self control from us PS3 players might warrant more respect from PC modders.

Comment

Hey man i cant wait to play your ps3 version of Hive so here is an easy step by step guide many people have found very useful I hope it helps:

1. In Frontend select "PS3" in the "Platform" field, "North America" in "Game Version", "Map" (assumed its a Map) in "Mod Type" field

2. Put your uncooked (mine was uncooked, no clue if it can be a pre-cooked for PC one) map into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\UnPublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps (can be another path mebbe, but just to be safe)

3. Enter the path to your map in the "Maps" field (with .ut3 ending). Put quotation marks (like so : "yadda") around it else the tool will get confused by the spaces and wont be able to load the map

4. Click cook. It'll spout lines after lines of "Cant find package stealthbender" or something like that, ignore it.

5. Eventually itll finish and ask you to save. Enter a name

6. Now itll have done two things :
              a)Placed A PS3 folder to whereever you did save it (if you entered c:\ itll be c:\PS3), delete that one, itll have a bad ini
              b)Placed a "Mods" directory into C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame with your cooked stuff in it. Thats the one you want. If you cooked a map itll have 5 files : mapname.xxx, mapname_LOC.int, Globalpersistencookerdataps3.upk, Guidcache_mapname.xxx and PS3-UTgame.ini

7) Edit the ini according to this : http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/PS3Mo...3-UTGame.ini): (i deleted the note behind the ; , prolly unecessary). Adding preview image, Numplayers and Author prolly is the same as with the pc, i didnt add one because first priority was getting it to run at all and i didnt want to add anything which could possibly confuse the stupid tools :P

8) Go back into front end. Now click "Package Mod", browse to the "Mods" folder and click and drag so that all the 5 files are selected. "Open", enter a name, save.

9) Zip it and put it online

(This guide is not mine it was written by Schleicher)

Comment

So just test your Arena Gorebringer.
                I think the general idea is good.
                I like the start of the players in the map.
                I like the idea when we fall down the walkways and go the invert pyramid who bring us in game again, that 's verry fun !!

But I think you would probably recreate some custom textures you have put on it. Just take more time to make it, especially the diferents screens.

I think you should try to find other "folk" sound with a better quality...

Keep going, the idea is really good !
                just more work on it !
                bye

Comment

Thanks for posting that tut. I will get this done as soon as I figure out why my computer will no longer fire up... I may have killed the hamsters.

SEBASTIEN-NOVA, are you refering to the low rez big screens? I left them low rez to keep the overhead of the action cams as small as possible while still getting the feel of the "Megatron". There are actually three seperate cameras that capture the action in the map for those screens. I may play with making them bigger but I do not think it will work. I am teetering on the edge of a lagtastic map as it is. If I get lots of feedback that the map runs at high frame rates I may give it a go, though they are hogs I hear.

For the sounds, I will try to find better ones though I was having trouble finding decent free sounds.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorebringer View Post
                    Thanks for posting that tut. I will get this done as soon as I figure out why my computer will no longer fire up... I may have killed the hamsters.

SEBASTIEN-NOVA, are you refering to the low rez big screens? I left them low rez to keep the overhead of the action cams as small as possible while still getting the feel of the "Megatron". There are actually three seperate cameras that capture the action in the map for those screens. I may play with making them bigger but I do not think it will work. I am teetering on the edge of a lagtastic map as it is. If I get lots of feedback that the map runs at high frame rates I may give it a go, though they are hogs I hear.

For the sounds, I will try to find better ones though I was having trouble finding decent free sounds.

Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!
                    No, speak about the texture with your name appear, I think you can make a better one !
                    look a bit bad for me, but it's just a suggestion to increase the final render of the map

Comment

it looks cool , nice . however all ps3 players download the mods ! come one no one plays on mods when it comes to PS3 , evry one just plays midways own servers . come one play the mods that are cooked . i host games each day , but no one enters them .

Comment

Ah gotcha, I will see if I can spice them up some. Those are some of the first I have done with the new material editor so I am still quite a newb with it all.

It looks like my MB got fried only hours after I posted the BETA. (At least I was able to do that!) And since I have such an old machine a replacement is 2-3x what I paid in the first place! So now I have to figure out how to pay for a new machine...

Hopefully it will not take me too long and I will jump right back in as soon as I am up and running again. So this gives you all lots of time to test it thoroughly so I can fix and release a nice clean map.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Good news, I was able to order a new machine so I hopefully will be back up and running soon. Then I will get that PS3 version out for you all!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorebringer View Post
                            Good news, I was able to order a new machine so I hopefully will be back up and running soon. Then I will get that PS3 version out for you all!
                            Great news! Glad things worked out for you.

Comment

this map is really fun and looks nice too !

nice Idea too

Comment

Working...
                              X