X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperPaint [v0.2][Updated Jan/16][PS3 Compatible]

SuperPaint v0.2

Update Jan. 16: PC v0.2 available now, PS3 v0.2 coming soon

I got the idea for this mut from Goldeneye N64 and its paintball mode. Pretty self-explanatory I think. Every weapon splatters paint wherever you fire it, resulting in some rather colorful levels. See below for screens and download link.

Changelog: v0.2
    - Removed external packages, allowing for PS3 online compatibility
    - Splatter appears even when shot from long distances
    - Lengthened time paint splatter lasts
    - Most likely last beta before final release unless other concerns are made

Changelog: v0.1
    - Initial version

Current bugs
    None

Known issues, most likely never to be fixed unless requests are made:

1. Flak shards do not leave paint splatter
    2. No vehicle weapons leave splatter

Please download and let me know what your thoughts, any bugs or possible future additions. If anybody has any neat screenshots for the front page (this post), please send them over.

Download
    PC v0.2
    PS3 v0.1 (v0.2 coming soon)

PS3 Release Notes
    Extract to root of usb drive.

PC Release Notes
    Extract to My Games\Unreal Tournament 3, not Unreal root directory.
    For example: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\

Thanks to runner26_2 and JGame for PS3 testing.

Dude this looks awesome! It would be sweet if you could cook it for PS3 =D

Comment

Sweet! I loved this in Timesplitters.

Comment

pls Cook 4 Ps3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm taking a look at cooking for PS3 - seems it might take a while because of the custom decals I used for paint splatter. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Here's a different, but similar idea for the PS3. Is it possible to make a mutator where the regular damage decals stay on the walls? Like for instance, the stinger makes these little marks on the walls where it's hit, but then they go away a few seconds later. Is it possible to make them stay with an edited version of this mutator, or is what I'm talking about totally different?

Comment

ha ha... this is great!...lol.. i didn't think it was possible to turn UT3 into a TEEN esrb rated game....lol... thanks for this.... should be great for experimenting.... does the splatters take up a lot of memory?... seems like we have those issues with PS3... thanks either way for creating this! (even if it doesn't make it to PS3)...

Comment

Originally posted by NDN_Shadow View Post
                Here's a different, but similar idea for the PS3. Is it possible to make a mutator where the regular damage decals stay on the walls? Like for instance, the stinger makes these little marks on the walls where it's hit, but then they go away a few seconds later. Is it possible to make them stay with an edited version of this mutator, or is what I'm talking about totally different?
                I'll take a look and see what I find. I don't own a PS3 so I'm going to need some help from somebody who can test this out and let me know if it works or not.

Originally posted by Aratacus
                ha ha... this is great!...lol.. i didn't think it was possible to turn UT3 into a TEEN esrb rated game....lol... thanks for this.... should be great for experimenting.... does the splatters take up a lot of memory?... seems like we have those issues with PS3... thanks either way for creating this! (even if it doesn't make it to PS3)...
                Haha yea it definately brightens things up a bit... As far as I can tell, I'm not suffering any performance hits because of it... If somebody else could verify this, that would be great.

If anybody wants to beta test for the PS3, drop me a private message. The quicker the better - I have a copy ready for testing. If somebody can verify it works correctly, I can post the PS3 version really quick.

Comment

hahaha Nice mutator!

Is there a way to configure the paints duration? Also, for team death matches could you make a toggel so that the teams would shoot paintballs based on their starting color. It would be nice to see the different splatters where one team really pounded on another.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Killer View Post
                    hahaha Nice mutator!

Is there a way to configure the paints duration? Also, for team death matches could you make a toggel so that the teams would shoot paintballs based on their starting color. It would be nice to see the different splatters where one team really pounded on another.
                    Working on both of those ideas right now haha.. Will keep you updated

Comment

I knew you were a genius!

Comment

Great idea ^^

Comment

Haha brilliant!
                          I loved this on Goldeneye too!

Can't wait to test this out. Thanks

Comment

Awww man, way too awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the comments everybody...

Having a couple issues with cooking to PS3 because of the custom DecalMaterials used for the paint splatter... If anybody has idea how to get around this, that would be great...

Comment

Working...
                              X