Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(13.01.08)CTF-Simplicty, PS3version Added, Updated & Expanded Map size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(13.01.08)CTF-Simplicty, PS3version Added, Updated & Expanded Map size.

Made for 5v5 but has the team slots for 24, Inspiration from Grendel Keep and Hosh, with a load of extra stuff thrown in, the map is quite simple but fluid and should be fast, thou im not sure how Insta gib will play on it..
    I think ive got all the bsp holes and invis blockers fixed, if you find anything or feel something needs to be added/changed/removed/moved just post it up.

As per normal, download and unzip to your Custom Maps folder.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Older Version(smaller maybe good for 2v2)

ScreenShot

Download Link - http://www.4shared.com/file/34231612.../KISSbeta.html

GameType - CTF
    Map Name - Simplicity
    Max Players - 24
    Quality - Low-Med poly/lighting
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

(12.01.08)

Ok Download Updated, the size of the map has been incresed but hopefully the map will still be fast and give more movement options.

Added some more images.

New Download
    http://www.4shared.com/file/34648533...icitybeta.html

Name Changed to CTF-Simplicity
    UpDated - MapSize, Lifts, External secenery, Lighting, Collision, Pickups, triggers, Player starts.
    ToDo - Path Nodes, Lift attachments, pickup tweeking, lift/jumpad tweeking, ambiant sounds, Final lighting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    (13.01.08)

Cooked a PS3 version of the expanded Map.
    Hope it works

PS3 Download
    http://www.4shared.com/file/34734299...licityPS3.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thx to all people testing the map for the feedback !

Looks great Loki, except for the name. I'll test the map soon.

Comment

Really like this map, although the lifts seem a bit off, movement time is too quick imo, they go up so quick its hard to actually pull of the liftjump

I recon you could still make all the liftjumps even the vent ones with them a bit slower, nice little map though, finish it already !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
        Looks great Loki, except for the name. I'll test the map soon.
        Well thats open, im terrible with names, suggest something if you like, or if anyone else wants to name the map, put it in with your feedback.

Originally posted by merc View Post
        Really like this map, although the lifts seem a bit off, movement time is too quick imo, they go up so quick its hard to actually pull of the liftjump

I recon you could still make all the liftjumps even the vent ones with them a bit slower, nice little map though, finish it already !
        yeah im trying to find a solution to the lifts, cos even i think they need to be slower, the problem im having is if i make them slower i cant get the air time i want from the lift jump.

Comment

I'll give it a test through later today and provide some possible names as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
            Well thats open, im terrible with names, suggest something if you like, or if anyone else wants to name the map, put it in with your feedback.

yeah im trying to find a solution to the lifts, cos even i think they need to be slower, the problem im having is if i make them slower i cant get the air time i want from the lift jump.
            looks nice so far i just walked through it to look around...

why not CTF-Simplicity ?

Comment

I really like the map, short and fast paced.

Can't think of a name, quite bad with them really. Though Simplicity works for me.

Comment

From the screenshots it seems to be a bit gray for a flagbase. Perhaps had more blue/red lights... Will try it once you export to ps3.

Comment

Try it out, its not that grey (at least on my system).

Two things, 1, how do you get that 50 Shield behind the Flag, second, can you get the to use the bottom level more? Because with bots the middle (shield belt) become a hazard area of all bots converging on it.

Comment

nice map!
                    small, but complex, and all seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by pionata View Post
                      From the screenshots it seems to be a bit gray for a flagbase. Perhaps had more blue/red lights... Will try it once you export to ps3.
                      There are red, blue and green lights, but yeah its a blueish gray map im going to do some material editing to some of the textures and add some more volume shadows to certain areas, i guess the screen shot doesnt show of the center sections, hmm porting to ps3, i guess ill do that later once im happy with it.

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                      Try it out, its not that grey (at least on my system).

Two things, 1, how do you get that 50 Shield behind the Flag, second, can you get the to use the bottom level more? Because with bots the middle (shield belt) become a hazard area of all bots converging on it.
                      Well the idea was that you jump off the lift to get the 50 armour, but im a bit unhappy with that so i think im going to change it to the med health on the over pass and slow the lift down a bit.

Ermm yeah i should have said i havent added path nodes for bots yet(since its a multiplayer game), but i will do that last, even thou i know bots wont be able to have the same movement as players ill try to get them to work the map.

Originally posted by hawkwind View Post
                      nice map!
                      small, but complex, and all seems to be working.
                      Do you think its too small ? im getting the feeling that it might be a bit to small, thou i did want a fast flag carry map, looking at other maps like the grendelkeep3 and orbital2007, they seem huge compared.

Comment

Its small, but its a good small, making it larger won't help it, it plays great.

Comment

Here is my feedback:
                          It's a map suited for a 2v2 / 3v3 - it wont be suited for 5v5 due to it's size - there are plenty of routes, but it's a tad small - that aint bad at all, we also need 'smaller' maps

(all the rest will be illustrated with pictures - for the record, i'm an instagib player, so all tests are done with the instagib mutator on)
                          1. Remove the 'path' where i'm pointing at - You should remove that - if people want to go from left to right, they should do a walldodge

2. Remove the path in the airvent - yes, i found it

3. Ah, yeah, the lift - if you take the lift (face facing the wall), then you can't run forward cuz of the ramp - you should cut a piece out so you can run forward, but also run on the ramp

4. I don't like the stair/ that entire block over there - the stairs doesn't really have any use and wont be used in game besides for laming - it should be removed and maybe something else (i dno) should be added instead

5. The passage to drop to low is waaaay too small (also check point 6.)

6. Maybe remove the part where my crosshair is on? That part has no use at all (besides that you have to run on that to get of the lift, but check point 3. for that)

7. What's the deal with that? No use imo (also check point 6.)

You have included 17 images in your message. You are limited to using 9 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.
                          (so had to remove some smilies )

Comment

one bsp error i found. saw a bot partially enter a wall on a staircase, and tried it myself, and got stuck half outside the map

not a big problem, but should be fixed.
                            sorry for one MORE picture

Comment

Originally posted by Denk View Post

1. Remove the 'path' where i'm pointing at - You should remove that - if people want to go from left to right, they should do a walldodge
                              Well the path is more for the fact that it holds a med health and you can wall dodge to the higher level, its more for NW CTF for the flag runner.
                              2. Remove the path in the airvent - yes, i found it.
                              Why remove it ?, thats an important part of the map movement.
                              3. Ah, yeah, the lift - if you take the lift (face facing the wall), then you can't run forward cuz of the ramp - you should cut a piece out so you can run forward, but also run on the ramp.
                              Changed it to a higher finishing point.
                              4. I don't like the stair/ that entire block over there - the stairs doesn't really have any use and wont be used in game besides for laming - it should be removed and maybe something else (i dno) should be added instead.
                              Well it has a use in NW its an access route to a Med health and has vials on it, as well as beeing slightly more cover on that side of the map for carrier exits.
                              5. The passage to drop to low is waaaay too small (also check point 6.)
                              I think its fine, you can dodge down from many angles.
                              6. Maybe remove the part where my crosshair is on? That part has no use at all (besides that you have to run on that to get of the lift, but check point 3. for that)
                              Thats cover for the flag carrier.
                              7. What's the deal with that? No use imo (also check point 6.)
                              Med health and ammo some where for a carrier to duck in to, before hitting the lift or carrying on low down.

Althou ill take this all in to account, guess i will have to make a Igib version.

Originally posted by hawkwind View Post
                              one bsp error i found. saw a bot partially enter a wall on a staircase, and tried it myself, and got stuck half outside the map,
                              not a big problem, but should be fixed.
                              sorry for one MORE picture
                              Nice one hawkwind, i thought i got that one before but yeah got him now i hope, BSP stairs fail .

Anyways the map has been updated try it out plz

Comment

Working...
                              X