No announcement yet.

CTf-November - final BETA,DL, PICS, RELEASE CANDIDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump. I am back, sorry for dissapearing for so long. To defend mine ***: I made DOM-Aki and DOM-Apodos in that time.

CTF-October is not forgotten and it is now back on track. I could not work on maps (well I could barely) for last 4 months, because laptops are not quite made for it. (and beer was cheap).

Currently I am teaching bots old ut99 tricks. Lighting is done, I should post new version with bots and weapons right after bot start obey me.

Ps. this feels almost like necroposting

Comment

good too read you still working at this map i have just thinkc about the map lol i hope you get the bot too learn som good old ut99 tricks

Comment

Ah great news! Thought you had given up on it, glad to hear you haven't.

Comment

No matter why this as being put on the side, your well excuse DOM-Aki and DOM-Apodos are great and to accomplish those, it must took you a lot of time

Will surely give this remake a go when time come

Comment

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
            All I say is that 3ds max is harsh mistress (i totally cannot skin my models, UVUnmap editor in max is ****, has very low res for texture preview). And this map needs real submarine, I also have less free time than month ago. I maybe do more mapping during easter holidays.
            With the 3ds max resolution, just in case you haven't done this..

Go into the menu : Customize / Preferences / Viewports / Configure Driver..

Make sure "background texture size" is set as high as possible and tick "Match bitmap size as closely as possible"
            Also do the same for "Download Texture Size" too.

Another.. Make sure the driver is set properly, I've got it set as "Direct3D 9.0" which wasn't the default setting from what I remember.

If you haven't already done this, you will be happy with the results +

edit: Ok just realised how old that post was, sorry if this isn't helpful!!

Comment

Thanks, I will try that with max for sure! And I did not fixed it yet, last 4 months were on laptop that barely could handle UT3 editor.

Comment

BUMP, final beta, map will be released in day or two. (That if no major bugs are found).

Comment

great map great too see it for ut3 how you make the preview pic change its the first time i see that in a map

Comment

Bots are getting stuck in the water near the sub. Also when I shoot at the bots in the water I cannot hit them.

Comment

OK i fixed that collision problem. But as to bots it is hard to change their stupidity. I moved a bit path nodes in water so they can easier transloc out, but sometimes they just want to walk out and it is impossible (and should be). Opposite goes with them in red base foyer, they just tloc like mad around crates. And thanks for testing!

Comment

Maybe the collision problem you fixed will also fix the bots translocating out of the water? The reason I say that is because when I was in the water myself and tried to tloc out it would bounce off the line where water meets the air above it. The only way to use the tloc in the water is to be on the surface of the water and the bots are rarely on the surface. They like to swim around under water. While I was running back to base with the flag I had all these bots chasing me and it dawned on me that I could jump in the water and the bots would follow and get stuck there while I would climb out leaving them there in the water. As long as they don't die they would just swim around while I get more flags.

Other than that minor thing I think this map is great, good job Nawrot!

Comment

Map is released: Full version

Comment

Working...
                          X