CTf-November - final BETA,DL, PICS, RELEASE CANDIDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTf-November - final BETA,DL, PICS, RELEASE CANDIDATE

Name: CTF-November (time go back to correct name)

Map is RELEASED

Compatibility: UT3 patch 1.3

Description: Remake of CTF-November. Delayed, because of huge feedback form Zixxer, but finally everything is done.
    Credits: Epic for making that great CTF map in UT99. Zixxer and JD8 for beta testing. Shademistress for cool night clouds.

RELEASED

Looking good. How long before a download?

Comment

Looks faithfully recreated from those screenshots. I personally wouldn't bother with the three releases, it will make everything more confusing and well, November isn't November without the asymmetry.

Comment

Originally posted by brianford View Post
        Looking good. How long before a download?
        Well I got stuck on making fog in slime pool, ******* want to be only white, and i need green or blue.

Comment

Cool, can't wait for a beta. Didn't play the old map much, but i'll give this a try.

1 thing, this may be a preview of Blue base, but it doesn't look that Blue.

Comment

yay remake

Comment

I freaking loved this map, thank you.

Comment

I post link here, because sometimes i have trouble with editing posts here.

CTF-Ocotber: BLue Base

Comment

Awesome, i'll give some feedback soon.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

i loved old ctf-november, but you know, this one lacks cold russian submarines dock atmosphere... maybee change it name then?

Comment

yeah, it'd be really cool to see the submarine back in it. You planning on putting it in Nawrot?

Comment

Oh, I was terrified for a little bit.
                          I am actually remaking the 2K4 version of november and it looks totally different than this. (will post beta soon)
                          Was this the 99 version.
                          Looks good BTW.

Comment

Well I am half done with second base, and finally have idea for its look. It is 50% outdoor: place near red flag is frozen water pond outside of bunker with nuclear weapons storage, that has flag and spawn points inside. Corridor you could jump down to boxes will be part of second dock probably with some ship like Kiev (but that depends on polycount, may be just submarine). For now red base has some mixed concrete with a bit of ScFi look.

Originally posted by chaos667 View Post
                            i loved old ctf-november, but you know, this one lacks cold russian submarines dock atmosphere... maybee change it name then?
                            I think i have pictures of old communistic propaganda posters somewhere, and if there is a way to put decals that do not eat much resources I will decorate walls with some russian text. For now this is just construction of level. And for more Soviet Russia feel I need custom textures and meshes, that may be a lot of work, so first I make beta then i think about making them all or not making. And I will google for that look but doubt there are many pictures.

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                            yeah, it'd be really cool to see the submarine back in it. You planning on putting it in Nawrot?
                            Yes there will be submarine, and probably something like Kiev (if its not too high polycount) in other dock.

And I post new pictures when I get it to state of blue base.

oh and I googled for submarine base:Balaklava Base

But it is just plain or painted concrete with pipes, many people would complain it is booring look.

Comment

Glad your putting the submarine in!

I think this map suits creative lighting rather than the masses of textures like the necris style maps. Lots of exposed pipework would be good too.

I will definately help beta this map once your a bit further along.

Comment

Working...
                              X