Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Prison (BETA 4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Prison (BETA 4)

========UPDATED 03/03/08=============
    Please download new version both PC

Name: CTF-Prison
    Version: BETA4

Description:
    A CTF in a prison. Good for 4 - 12 players. This will most likely be the last beta before Final release. Please download and try and let me know of any problems.

=======Fixes=========
    * Made it easier to tell where you need to go when teleporting into the back of each base.
    --Widen the doorways
    --Added multiple arrows
    --Adjusted lighting
    * Fixed Balance Issue where the Blue Base had two Flak Cannons while the other had one Flak cannon and a BioRifle.
    --Both bases now have 1 Flak Cannon and 1 BioRifle
    * Fixed Bots having major trouble with teleporters. They would repeatedly jump in and out of them.
    --Block off the backs and the sides of the teleporters. This will still occur but it is not as prevalent as before.

* Adjusted the lighting in the courtyard to help coax the player down a path so they do not feel lost.
    --"Turned Off" some of the lights
    --Added "God Beams"
    --Adjusted actual lighting
    * Fixed missing collision on a column inside the Red Base.
    --Added blocking volume to the bottom of it.
    * Added Plant life in the courtyard for cosmetic reasons
    * Added Extra Gun turrets for cosmetic reasons
    * "Destroyed" some of the walls in the courtyard to breaks up the uniformity.
    * Level Description now shown in the pause menu.
    * Updated Level Menu Screenshot

New Screenshot:
    BETA 4

===========
    old screenshots
    BETA 3

BETA 2

BETA 1

---------------

Credits: Me (NightClucker), Epic Games, Midway, Destrothenecro

Download HERE:
    PC: http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Pison.../fileinfo.html

Nice layout, sir !
    Looks really cool.
    Maybe you could add some more sounds throughout the map.

Also, maybe this is a setting on my end but the sound of the teleporter does cut off rather abrupt when you move away. Is this intentional ?

You say larger games but I think you can play this easily 2on2

Comment

very nice look and feel!!

the twin guns on the center tower is a nice touch and i'll ask before anyone else does....
      did you intend to make them fire or is that decoration?

Comment

Turrets

The Gun Turrets are there for aesthetic reasons.

thank you guys for the feedback.

I'm still learning about how to do the sounds correctly. It bothers me too that they will turn on and off instead of fading in and out.

Comment

Cool I think I figure out the sound thing. Will post an updated version sooner or later.

Comment

Good map, man. It would be neat if you added some prison cells, or maybe made the teleport rooms accessible through opening doors that had bars in them. Keep the prison feel going, you know? Other than aesthetic things tho, perfect map.

Comment

hey i wonder if you could place some static dummies of player models in those cells

or maybe some bones or some shiz

edit: do we need Global Persistant Cooker Data and all those other files to run this map? 219 mb

Comment

I don't think you really need them, delete them and see what happens. That might have been some extra 'stuff' that I accidently stuck in the zip file.

Comment

I was thinking about sticking some 'dummy' prisoners in those cells.

Comment

Still looking for feedback till I am able to work on my map again. so please give this map a try. I appreciate it.

Comment

uploaded a new build that had some very minor updates.

please download and try.

Comment

i think its a good map, i like how the portals give a way to sneak out of the base quickly

Comment

Well thank you. I appreciate it. I have put alot of work into the layout of it. I just need to find time to do the lighting. What do you think of the weapon placement?

Comment

Originally posted by NightClucker View Post
                            Well thank you. I appreciate it. I have put alot of work into the layout of it. I just need to find time to do the lighting. What do you think of the weapon placement?
                            I cant test it yet as the PS3 version is not released, but thanks! we need new ctf maps and yours look like it has a good pace.

Cant wait to see how it looks with the light sources.

Comment

:-)

Originally posted by pionata View Post
                              I cant test it yet as the PS3 version is not released, but thanks! we need new ctf maps and yours look like it has a good pace.

Cant wait to see how it looks with the light sources.
                              hmmm I think he/she is hinting at something

When I get the chance and closer to being finish I will do this for those PS3 players.

Comment

Working...
                              X