DM-Downpour [Beta download + pics][Final version available]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I still like this version with the water more. Giving it a bump so hopefully more people can try out the awesomeness that it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey i want to give an idea for any modder,or for
    u if u like the idea.maybe a vctf on rooftop with jump to rooftop to rooftop,and ramp
    flag on the roof.maybe do a part on ground would be fun too.carmageddon style!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just got used to the big swim and now it's gone.lol It's a great map either way and very popular on our servers.GJ and thanks for the map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love the visuals, grabbing this now, must play!

The comments about the water is what makes me want to try it out.

Bots can shoot perfectly while underwater, while a player flutters about? interesting,
    want to see this for myself!.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great map. Dont think too much to worry about with the water, as a lot of maps like this ya fall off and your dead. So a bit of water is soft really. (not that I reccomend you change layout) Its looking good too but I found one building interior a bit bland, maybe a review of deco in them might be good. Jump pads out of water I found to be always nearby and accesible, for those of us that felt the need to swim to beat the summer heat lol looking fwd to final and thanks. [EDIT] I dont know why coz it looks nothing like it but the play of this map feels quite a bit like serenissima on 2k4 to me lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This map is brilliant! I love it, you are awesome. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been part of this community since unreal 1 and I have to say I still like this map. After being part of countless fps communities (mostly unreals) for way too many years of my life, and seeing the same old same formula which still holds up for "professional" competitions (but is becoming boring being confined to just that kind of thinking,) I really have to say from an artistic standpoint and just having plain FUN (why I play games) this map is pretty cool. Sure there is always room for improvement but I can't say the map isn't enjoyable and that I don't appreciate it. When I get my own site up, since pcgamemods was a joke, I'll stick this map up as a mirror when it's completed. With the right mutators it's pretty fun, and in some cases without, just to enjoy the art this creator has put together in his time for us. It might no be used in any serious DM competition but it is still a fun map. Great job!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've continued to play the map some more, and I must continue to say that I am very happy with it as is.

However, I do agree about the hitscan dominance, and having something large in the center would definitely offset this, and perhaps add a nice flair to the map. At the same time, I feel this might detract from some of the challenge and I'm not sure it would necessarily add to the gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've really enjoyed playing this so far, I think it's well-constructed! I don't know how you feel about the underwater section, but I thought being able to swim under that metal structure and around the main parts of the level was pretty cool. Are you planning to add more effects to the water volume? (At the moment, the screen darkens and you get depth of field, but there's no kind of blueish effect like you would get in some of the stock maps)

Performance was mostly good, but I think it suffers in some of the open areas - every time I spun round to face the main area, there was a tiny bit of stuttering, which is something I don't normally get! I'm not sure how optimisation in UE3 works, do you still have antiportals to occlude meshes and so on? Maybe that might be something to look into, I'm not sure... Regardless, though, good map!

Anuban, if you want your opinions to be respected, it might be an idea to restrain and compose yourself rather than snapping at people in an autonomous fashion just because they said "I disagree" or suggested an alternative option. Your way doesn't have to be the only way, you know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't we all just get along?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay Anuban, to set you straight, I've been with a ut clan since 2002. I know maps and how to play them and what makes them good. Your attitude needs to be checked at the door. I was offering constructive criticism to the mappers and to you. I don't have time for this ****, and I'm not going to respond to anymore of your rants. I've seen your other threads and you have the same attitude. Keep it up and no one will listen to you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can someone upload this to fileden.com or unrealcentral.com please-takes far too long to download and I havent got the time to stay downloading. I really want to play it !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Saiya-jin View Post
    You may not need a statue in the middle of the map if the water is knee high. There's plenty of maps that are more open than this. The issue with the space was more because you have to swim and therefore get shot easily.

Anuban, turn down the settings on your bots. I think that the reason we make maps is because we want people to play them, and a person is way better than a bot. I just use bots for something to shoot. There's no reason for a mapper to change something because bots exploit it.
    I'm not going to turn the bots down below Experienced that is ridic. Anyway plenty of LOUSY maps are more open than this ... most good DM maps are not. Maybe you need to study level design or lead a project or make some maps to understand this, or maybe you haven't been playing long enough to know what makes a map really good and will get it placed into a rotation on a public server. And of course a mapper should resolve as many bot related exploits as possible ... many of us do not play online and therefore our bot play experience is crucial for us and the better it can be we appreciate that. A map is made for the entire community so therefore all sides of the equation have to be considered ... not just one half.

Edit: Oh .. I see you are new to the community .... and you have the nerve to suggest that a mapper only make a level for online players ... man get out of here please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You may not need a statue in the middle of the map if the water is knee high. There's plenty of maps that are more open than this. The issue with the space was more because you have to swim and therefore get shot easily.

Anuban, turn down the settings on your bots. I think that the reason we make maps is because we want people to play them, and a person is way better than a bot. I just use bots for something to shoot. There's no reason for a mapper to change something because bots exploit it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Setheran View Post
    Well, yeah, this plan revolves around removing all swimmable water from the map. Though I may have a very small patch of deep water in the middle that you can use to break long falls.
    That would be cool ... I think you could easily still have a little flooded area ... that is where one of the better pickups should be so that people have to consider is it worth maybe getting caught in the water to get the powerup. I just think that having water play such a large part in the gameplay mechanice doesn't work with this version of UT3 because of how accurate the bots are and how difficult it is for players to maneuver in the water ... even getting out is not as easy as a quick jump out of the water. Thanks man. I know this is going to be one super bad level when it is all said and done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X