No announcement yet.

DM-Downpour [Beta download + pics][Final version available]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been part of this community since unreal 1 and I have to say I still like this map. After being part of countless fps communities (mostly unreals) for way too many years of my life, and seeing the same old same formula which still holds up for "professional" competitions (but is becoming boring being confined to just that kind of thinking,) I really have to say from an artistic standpoint and just having plain FUN (why I play games) this map is pretty cool. Sure there is always room for improvement but I can't say the map isn't enjoyable and that I don't appreciate it. When I get my own site up, since pcgamemods was a joke, I'll stick this map up as a mirror when it's completed. With the right mutators it's pretty fun, and in some cases without, just to enjoy the art this creator has put together in his time for us. It might no be used in any serious DM competition but it is still a fun map. Great job!

Comment

This map is brilliant! I love it, you are awesome. Thanks

Comment

Great map. Dont think too much to worry about with the water, as a lot of maps like this ya fall off and your dead. So a bit of water is soft really. (not that I reccomend you change layout) Its looking good too but I found one building interior a bit bland, maybe a review of deco in them might be good. Jump pads out of water I found to be always nearby and accesible, for those of us that felt the need to swim to beat the summer heat lol looking fwd to final and thanks. [EDIT] I dont know why coz it looks nothing like it but the play of this map feels quite a bit like serenissima on 2k4 to me lol

Comment

Love the visuals, grabbing this now, must play!

The comments about the water is what makes me want to try it out.

Bots can shoot perfectly while underwater, while a player flutters about? interesting,
          want to see this for myself!.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Comment

I just got used to the big swim and now it's gone.lol It's a great map either way and very popular on our servers.GJ and thanks for the map.

Comment

hey i want to give an idea for any modder,or for
              u if u like the idea.maybe a vctf on rooftop with jump to rooftop to rooftop,and ramp
              flag on the roof.maybe do a part on ground would be fun too.carmageddon style!

Comment

I still like this version with the water more. Giving it a bump so hopefully more people can try out the awesomeness that it is.

Comment

Working...
                X