Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destroyable Deployables - blow up those spider mine traps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroyable Deployables - blow up those spider mine traps!

Allows you to destroy spider mine traps and EMP mines.

Comments

Written because I got annoyed with the spider mine trap. The trap concept is great, but you really should be able to get rid of it once you know where it is. I took the EMP mines along since that seemed only natural.

I did not alter the Energy Shield, Shaped Charge Det Pack or Slow Field Generator. The shield is already destroyable; it is simply very strong (4000 health). Altering the Slow Field Generator would defeat its purpose; it is easily spotted and not meant as a trap. Delivering a shaped charge is already hard enough and it doesn't stick around anyway.

Both the trap and the mine are destroyed by 200 damage. This uses vehicle damage scaling, so some weapons are more effective than others. That's triple rockets, a single AVRiL or 34(!) Enforcer bullets.

Version
    Beta 1.

Compatibility
    • Tested offline. Let me know if it works online.
    Credits
    • Me.
    Download
    DestroyableDeployablesBeta.zip (MediaFire)

Installation instructions provided in the Readme in the download. Basically, place the UTGame folder in your My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3 folder.

Feedback appreciated!

Perhaps this could be coupled with a buff of the nightshade? Increased speed, or more damage? I too think the indestructible mines are annoying, but it's neccesary or the nightshade would be too weak.

Consider copying the mechanic from destroying enemy orbs.. You run up to a mine and "decide to be a hero", kill credit to the nightshade if possible.

Comment

The Nightshade is one of the easiest vehicles to get a Massacre with, so I think it can take a little weakening. It's still great at shielding and repairing nodes, slowing down flag stealers and running people over. Even in this (slightly) weakened state I'd still pick it over its presumed equivalents; the Paladin or SPMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        The Nightshade is one of the easiest vehicles to get a Massacre with, so I think it can take a little weakening. It's still great at shielding and repairing nodes, slowing down flag stealers and running people over. Even in this (slightly) weakened state I'd still pick it over its presumed equivalents; the Paladin or SPMA.
        Yep. A Nightshade puts those other ehicles to shame. When's the last time anyone got a Massacre in a Paladin or a Hellfire?

Comment

Awesome mut, and one I wish was built into the game.

I not fond of spider mines, but I HATE not being able to destroy them!

Comment

*Original offending post deleted, post edited :P

Comment

So it would seem, so I got rid of mine as well. Seems the person I replied to (darkyautja) was wiped from existence and then reregistered under a slightly different name (Yautja). Still looks like the same 13-year-old.

Comment

I thought there was a damned age limit on the game? I wish epic wou;ld stick to it's guns on stuff like this, and require proof of age for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareee View Post
                  I thought there was a damned age limit on the game? I wish epic wou;ld stick to it's guns on stuff like this, and require proof of age for the game.
                  The only way Epic could try to prove age is for players to submit a credit card number to verify age, which is easily circumvented by ganking your parents' card
                  Beyond that is out of their hands

Anyway, back on topic!

Comment

yep..we just play the cards we're dealt with...

Comment

True for publics when you just wanna **** about and chill while getting some kills, wrong for any sort of serious match when you want to do teamwork and win.

Amazingly, the vehicles including nightshade seem to be balanced for competition. Other subject though. My point remains, the nightshade is balanced fine, I agree traps are annoying, destroyable traps require compensation.

Comment

i think u shud make it so that the spidermine things that u plant walk around when no1 is ther, but stop when someone comes, so no1 really knows wher they are, and u set the radius they can walk in and stuff lyk that wen ur in the nightshade

Comment

many ppl shoot the spider deployable it slef but to kill it you need to kill the spiders

get them out & blast them

Comment

That is why I made this mutator... so you can finally do what seems so obvious.

Comment

That is why I made this mutator... so you can finally do what seems so obvious.
                              LOL I saw the thread title and that "what ... WHY" because i thought it would be silly to not be able to destory the trap... then again it would render the trap useless when the maps they are in are so open you could just sniper it from the other side of the map.

but meh.. good mutator

Comment

Working...
                              X