Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTF-Bunker - Updated to Beta (Pre-Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be redundant, but in the new download it has different trees?

Comment

After playing around on this map for a while alone, just looking around (on the first version, I don't have the 2nd PS3 one), I think I know why the PS3 is having problems. It's not the trees, or even the textures on the trees that is the problem. I think it's that every single leave on those trees are moving all at the same time, constantly, and I think That is what is causing the problem on PS3. There is no slow up if tou are lust looking at the trunks of the trees, And if you move around with just a few of the moving leaves there is no problem, If you are looking in on the map and can only see the few static tops of trees there is no problem. The more moving leaves that i got in my view the slower the framerate gets. I got one view with THE most moving leaves I could get in, the i backed up into the steam coming out of the pipes and it slows to a crawl. I think it's just TOO muck moving stuff for the PS3's RAM. Too bad the cooker doesn't make the mods to run more off of the cell processor instead of RAM like on a PC. I think if it did, there would be no problem with this map, or even Atlantea. Could you mabey try a PS3 beta version without moving leaves, or if they move, make it more like wind where the movement does the wave across the leaves. I really think it's just too much movement all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
        Sorry about not updating this post.
        Updated here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...7#post25221677

And I did change the trees. Seemed to be better. Thanks for feedback
        Thank you very much jayoplus. This map is too kool. DLing it know and will give the results. Thanks again

Comment

looks nice

Comment

i didn't look for the tree issue but, when using any mutators that either, slowdown, or speed up gameplay, the visuals look really weird.... i referred to it as "soft-serve-ice cream" before.... basically any details in the bases, or on the helicopter get muddy when the action gets going.... is there another release for PS3?.... i got this right as it was first released, so maybe this issue has been fixed... idk.... >>??

Comment

Is this map released on PS3 as well?

Comment

Working...
              X